Journey of Dietscovery!!

Walked to local shopping centre, had been dreading going as return is all up hill (usually get a taxi home). Walked the first half of hill slowly that was all about my legs could take, upped the speed on 2 part, glad I did because stats are now 12k and 500 calories burn, much more than yesterday and still have to walk to WI etc. Got a lot of store cupboard store stuff, omg things are so expensive. Whilst I was there bought 2 pairs of jeans out of charity shop, both only £2 each!!! Bought a 16 (just about fitted me) and a size 14 (fitted me perfectly around the waist (they are probably stretchy though lol). I am not sure about anyone else but the trauma of trying on clothes is overwhelming. Not focusing on actual size anymore, if it fits, look nice and is comfortable then it will do!!!!

1lb off for me tonight, finally got my 2 stone award AND Slimmer of the Month!!!! 6.5 lbs I think in 5 weeks. Really wanted 2lbs off this week as would have brought me into the 11's, and did work so hard, but it is what is and it is. probably the best I have done in while, in that I have lost 5 weeks in a row!!!!

Last edited:
Went off plan last night (had some wine)!!! Even though I got my 2 stone award last night (has taken me 10 months) I was really disappointed as worked really hard last week. Have been stuck in the 12's for months and months now and still can't get that BMI to below 30!! Was very bloated yesterday, not sure why, had the most active week since started plan, didn't go off plan at all, made a concerted effort to drink more water (which doe seem to bloat me). I really do not feel any thinner than months ago, I think because most of my weight seems to go on to my stomach, does not feel that it has moved at all.

Have a lot on this week, annoyed that I had some wine last night (wasn't planned) but it is done now. Hoping to staying on plan today, have a visit to my Auntie tomorrow, I really hope she does not try and feed me loads. Think might walk part of it, Friday will stay on plan, Saturday evening is hen night, will try and stay on plan up to that. I am hoping there will be lots of dancing (which I love) will help with the body magic Hopefully Sunday, Monday and Tuesday will be full on plan again!!!

Am planning on perhaps doing an SP next week, not sure how it all works but will ask in class.
My goals until the end of August (family wedding on 31st) are:
Get into 11s (1lb)
Get BMI below 30 (think about 5/6 lbs)

Going to try and be as active as possible, aiming to achieve 20k steps at least 4 times a week.

Here's to a new week and good luck to all. :):):):):):):)

Congratulations on the two stone loss & award! That's fantastic! It's so frustrating when our hard week leads only to plateaus and slow loss - don't beat yourself up for a little consolation wine.

The amount of walking your getting in is impressive, I'm looking forward to get more outdoor walking in come autumn. I hope you have a blast at the hen night, and I hope there's plenty of dancing - dancing with girlfriends is just the best way to blow off steam, and feel like your young self, isn't it?

Congratulations on the two stone loss & award! That's fantastic! It's so frustrating when our hard week leads only to plateaus and slow loss - don't beat yourself up for a little consolation wine.

The amount of walking your getting in is impressive, I'm looking forward to get more outdoor walking in come autumn. I hope you have a blast at the hen night, and I hope there's plenty of dancing - dancing with girlfriends is just the best way to blow off steam, and feel like your young self, isn't it?
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I did get Slimmer of the Month and had lost 5 weeks in a row, never had that before so a big achievement for me. Not doing any body magic today, but fully on plan, plenty of speed etc. Hope you are doing well this week too???

Going to have an early night I think, have a lot of travelling to do tomorrow, but still hoping to walk into centre of town (about 2 miles) and just get bus from there, rather than at top of my road. Had a very lazy day, did not do much, still managed 5k of steps, 175 calorie burn. Food wise stayed fully on plan. Hoping tomorrow and Friday will be very productive. Here's to another nice, shiny, new day tomorrow.!!! Good night all.

Another day, feel pretty tired right now, could not sleep very well last night, was so hyper after my day out and by the time I organised myself it was nearly 2 am by time I went to bed, was too hot, tossed and turned most of the night. Having lots of tea now to wake me up!! Have a hen tomorrow night and the dress code is black, I thought oh great, but after checking my wardrobe I have lots of bottoms and 2 tops which are not very dressy and they are slightly big on me (what a problem to have)!!! Cam't afford to buy anything new, think I will go round a few charity shops today and hopefully can pick up something, it will encourage my body magic as well. Hoping to stay fully on plan. Here is to another good day to all!!!

So far today have done 10k and 375 calorie burn, did walk the fastest I could back from shops and in that heat too, feel shattered now. Did pick up a few essentials to help me stick to plan, if it is there I will eat it, if not will eat something bad. Managed to pick up 2 black tops in charity shop for hen tomorrow night, one I think is slightly nicer than the other and a bit dressier, will try on with outfit later. Can not see me venturing out for the rest of day, but will do some chores and a pile of cooking so I am prepared.

Even though not getting great losses and still traumatic trying on clothes, I can't believe how much more motivated and determined I am, this time last year would probably still be in bed or pjs shoving crisps, chocolate and the like into my fat gob!!!

Morning all here's to another new day.Slept slightly better last night but still woke up 4 times and of course each time had to get up to go to bathroom, good and bad to drink lots of water. Have a hen later, so planning to chill and take my time today to get ready etc, made pot of soup will have few bowls throughout the day and gonna to make a curry too and have some before I go out, trying to stay on plan until the bedlam begins!!!

Back