Journey of Dietscovery!!

Morning all, another soggy day outside, another restless night of sleep, can see me having a nap later!!! Food will be on plan today, not sure at this point about getting out for a walk but will be doing a lot of vacuuming and re-arranging my guest bedroom and cleaning it from top to bottom.

Been trying to change it up a bit this week in relation to plan, low syn days, no bread days, meat free days, speed with every meal, snacks, fruit instead of chocolate or crisps, and most definitely no alcohol. Not had enough body magic as had planned, my body pretty tired this week but still been doing more than I used to.

Have a catch up with friend after WI on Tuesday, only get to see her every 6 weeks so we push the boat out and have a lovely meal and lots of wine!!! So I will behave myself until then x

Had a good day today, lots of healthy food and lots of body magic, not had any syns today yet, had a big dinner and did push myself so not really that hungry, its 930 pm on a Saturday night and I am ready for my bed, go me, party time!!! Stats today 18k steps, 680 calorie burn so far.

On another point, tried on a wedding outfit today, it was a size 14, fitted me everywhere, but my stomach was disgusting in it, it was pale blue so very noticeable, but a year ago probably would not have got it on at all. On the plus side I was wearing a size 14 skinny jeans (although they are stretchy material), but I'll take it!!!

To finish, anyone recommend any decent stomach exercises to do at home????

Good morning all!!! Was so shattered last night ended up going to bed at 10 pm! (On a Saturday night)! Just got to bed then my brother kept Whats apping me pictures, do not hear from him that often, so that lasted an hour or more, was so overtired could not sleep, had dozed off for a while then my neighbour came home in party mode, the banging of her door would have woken a small nation. The party and this irk irk music went on until 5 am!! Needless to say did not get much sleep.

Anyway today will be on plan foodwise, will attempt to do some more chores later in the day, could so happily at this point do nothing, but will try and do something. Feels like such a long week from WI to WI, always look forward to WI when I have had a good week, but also feel anxious because the hard work does not always pay off. I think I really need a lovely surprise and a boost to keep me going.

Had written so much more here, but deleted it, as it got a little deep and whilst writing on here can be therapeutic I can not use it to dump all that I am feeling on to everyone!!!

Will finish on a positive note, we are a team and we can all do this!!!!

Retiring for the night, managed to do some chores and attempted to strip wallpaper but took me an hour just to do a little bit. Food on plan, Stats low today even with lots of household activity Steps 7k calorie burn 270. Really need to get a good nights sleep and hopefully will get lots done tomorrow, good night all x

Morning all, not had a bad week at all, food has been on plan, had a few low or no syn days, upped my speed as much as I could, drunk lots of water too. I am hoping it will convert on the scales tomorrow. Body magic been hit and miss, mainly due to the thunderstorms we have had and have not been sleeping very well, so my body has been very tired, but did push myself on some days.

Food will be on plan today, it is quite nice outside so will be planning on some body magic later, a walk to local shopping centre to top up on a few things, the walk back is all up hill, last time I did the walk back the first part of the journey I had to walk it slowly and upped the speed on last part of it. Today I am hoping to walk it all a little faster, my fitness is getting a little better each time.

Sounds good! Hope you get some better sleep tonight.

Having an early night, did my body magic earlier and it nearly killed me on the uphill walk home, think I pushed myself a bit too far as felt really ill when I got home, feel a lot better now, but thought I would try and get a good nights sleep (mind you I am lying in bed watching tv)!!! But at least I'm resting. Have my WI tomorrow then off out straight after for pizza and drinks with friend, so going to make sure I sleep well.

Food on plan today, 15k steps and 600 calorie burn.

Brilliant, Misty! You'll be leaving overweight land for ever soon - with a sassy attitude. Good job.

I worked very hard last week, in fact pushed my body to the limit and ended up sick to get that 3lbs off. My metabolism really slow and to get any more than 1 lb loss I have to work so hard. This week I am going to focus on the food and lighter body magic, perhaps some toning exercises. No more crazy walking up hills when I am not fit enough to do so and almost passing out.

My goal now is just to get a loss each week (there will be maintains and gains I know) but 1lb a week is my focus until I get a bit fitter, going to get to doctors next week and get a health MOT done to make sure everything is ok, then can alter my goals accordingly.

Last night was a washout, a large Pizza and lots of wine was consumed, so hoping to stay on track today and for the rest of the week, have a family wedding at end of August so if I could lose another few pounds by then I would be more than happy.

Had a full on binge yesterday, do not even feel bad about it or guilt or the usual negative thoughts. Was just so tired and hungover (although I drunk much less than I normally do) the thought of cooking etc was just too much. Back on plan today (I hope), not planning on going walking today, but will do a lot of chores that have been piling up, I slept mostly uninterrupted last night, but still feel very tired today. Will see how the day goes and will check in later!!!

Not updated this for a good few days. What a traumatic day trying on dresses. Have a family wedding in less that 2 weeks, do not even have an outfit sorted. Trying on clothes always has distressed me, thought if lost a bit of weight might be less painful. But no such luck, I have always been slightly smaller up top, and it looks like most of weight has come off there. Most of the dresses I tried on were 14.s falling off me at top and too tight around the waist area. tried a few different lengths and styles, I could perhaps get some hold in underwear but that can be unflattering and accentuate the "fat" bits!!!

Have to plough through and try on some more in a few days, perhaps I can have a better perspective by then. hoping I will find a dress that is perfect and I feel good in, irrespective of size, fingers xed.

On a more positive note, got a lot of body magic done!!!

Misty! Please find that perspective - and a great outfit. There is an impressive 15% less of you - so I hope you find something love and feel good wearing.

Last edited:
Misty! Please find that perspective - and a great outfit. There is an impressive 15% less of you - so I hope you find soberhjbgvyoj love and feel good wearing.
Have just been so overwhelmed with everything this last week, trying to break it down into smaller pieces rather than drowning in an avalanche of anxiety!! Will fast forward to a new day tomorrow and will see what that brings, and thanks for the encouragement, much appreciated x

Was heading into town tomorrow to have another nosy for a dress, but in the meantime had a scoot around local charity shop, picked up a black lace dress (did not want black) but if I pair it with gold or another bright colour it might just work. Also picked up a gold, red and blue clutch bag, thought then could match shoes to one of those colours, also have a gold stole to add if I need to. Might just be sorted, they would certainly be a back up and take the stress off if do not get anything else!!! Very happy now, the dress is bigger than my usual size but means I would feel comfortable in it and not be worried all day about my bits sticking out!!!

Was heading into town tomorrow to have another nosy for a dress, but in the meantime had a scoot around local charity shop, picked up a black lace dress (did not want black) but if I pair it with gold or another bright colour it might just work. Also picked up a gold, red and blue clutch bag, thought then could match shoes to one of those colours, also have a gold stole to add if I need to. Might just be sorted, they would certainly be a back up and take the stress off if do not get anything else!!! Very happy now, the dress is bigger than my usual size but means I would feel comfortable in it and not be worried all day about my bits sticking out!!!
and no one will be looking at the size on the tag

Back