Journey of Dietscovery!!

Well done on the thought process of keeping your chips shop splurge until the wedding on Saturday! I would normally splurge on WI day and maybe the day after cos I had a whole week to make it up but I changed class now to a Tuesday evening from a Friday morning and it ain't so easy to splurge at the weekends as you only have a few days to pull back :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yep exactly, having my class on a Tuesday is a really good thing sometimes as it keeps me off the alcohol at weekends when I am totally focused, other times the weekends are for enjoying and sometimes never have enough time to recoup the damage, I am going to blame my WI day from now on and not me :D :D :D :D :D

Yep exactly, having my class on a Tuesday is a really good thing sometimes as it keeps me off the alcohol at weekends when I am totally focused, other times the weekends are for enjoying and sometimes never have enough time to recoup the damage, I am going to blame my WI day from now on and not me :D :D :D :D :D
We can be WI day twins!!! 😂 😂

Morning all. Went off plan last night, had a rehearsal thing for this wedding on Saturday, it was also one of the groups 30th so there was food and drinks afterwards, did not have any alcohol but did have a pile of food. These are the types of things that knock me off kilter, I am also a bit of an emotional wreck this morning and because I have already gone off plan I can see me just not caring. Have an appt in a while, and then have to run away doing a pile of stuff, so will probably be off plan today too, I will see how I feel as the day goes on. Have a good day everyone and might come back later and update.

Not been on plan for the last few days, had an out and out binge yesterday. So this is my luck, got up Tuesday and my laptop screen was cracked, could not see screen, brought it to local repair shop cost £50, left me with £7 in account. That £57 pounds was meant to cover me until today. Had monies put aside for tomorrows wedding and to cover me also for the next week. Had to transfer the monies early and most of it has gone. Late last night my laptop charger went on fire and a new one will cost £25, I could cry, all on the week of the wedding too. That is life it whacks you up the face!!! I had budgeted the best I could for the last month and now I am going to have to borrow monies for food for next week.

I work from home and my laptop is more essential to me than most other things, just ordered a new charger for overnight delivery, hoping it will come before I go off to wedding, was going to walk to local chapel tomorrow, but there is an amber alert for rain overnight and heavy showers tomorrow, so will have to taxi it now!!! I had not even factored in the fact that it could be raining or heavy winds on the 31st August!!!!

Have been working from home for a while now but the money is very inconsistent so whether I am able or not I will have to go back to work full time now, can not deal anymore with living on nothing and every other week something breaks, needs replaced and leaves me vulnerable and stressed. IS IT ANY WONDER I EAT ME EMOTIONS!!!

Anyways apart from all that folks, I am having a good day :D:D:D:D:D

Life is just so expensive, isn't it. We plan well, and yet there is always the unexpected to drain our finances.

Glad you're still having a good day in spite of it all :) Good on ya, Misty.

Good morning folks, it is absolutely streaming down with rain here, not a nice day for a wedding, had not even factored in that it could be raining on 31st August!!! Tried on my outfit last night, it wasn't too bad, off to get my hair and makeup done in a while, have to put on a fake tan too (would never wear that) but my dress is just at knees, and my natural colour is milk bottle white!!! Also have to do a reading at wedding, so will have to walk up to altar too, I am not the most dignified will probably slip or skid up the aisle especially wearing heels (feel sick)!!
Needless to say, I have been off plan for the last few days, also waiting for my computer charger to be delivered, trying to save the little charge I have left on this, fingers crossed it will come before the wedding and it will work!!

Really hope the day goes well, and I feel confident or able to fake confidence. I am not a dress person, so it is a big deal for me to wear one and to try and look glamorous and sophisticated!!!

Not caught up on all the other post yet but when I get this day over and have a fully functioning computer again, I will catch up with you all.

Hope you are having a lovely time and the reading goes well.

Oh goodness, I feel for you. I imagine that the reading went brilliantly, and *finger crossed* your shoes did not make any funny noises on the walk to the alter.

Aw, Misty, you're a good Auntie. I would think you could have bought a brand-new problem free laptop for the amount of expense and trouble this wedding has been. But we do these things for those we love, and we'd feel like a grumpy old turd it we didn't. I've become a little too comfortable being the grumpy turd, so my hat's off to you.. well done for stepping up, despite your anxiety.

Just back from wedding had a fabulous day, everyone commented on my weight loss, it is funny how others comment, some said "have you lost a bit of weight?" others, "you look fantastic", again, others " this is the best I have ever seen you", my brother was funny, "where have you gone"? In response, his partner said "I always thought you looked great regardless" Another person who is a bit disingenuous said, "I think you are too thin"!! Some people are just so empowering, others try and knock you down to make themselves feel better. You can all see my stats, by no stretch of the imagination am I too thin, I have not even reached the "overweight" category. But the best thing of the whole day is I got to spend it with my brothers who I do not see that often, and they were fantastic and protective and lovely. After all the anxiety and stress I felt prior to the wedding I had nothing to worry about because I felt confident, empowered, fabulous, wonderful and free, especially free!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh goodness, I feel for you. I imagine that the reading went brilliantly, and *finger crossed* your shoes did not make any funny noises on the walk to the alter.

Aw, Misty, you're a good Auntie. I would think you could have bought a brand-new problem free laptop for the amount of expense and trouble this wedding has been. But we do these things for those we love, and we'd feel like a grumpy old turd it we didn't. I've become a little too comfortable being the grumpy turd, so my hat's off to you.. well done for stepping up, despite your anxiety.
Aww you are so sweet, the reading went really well, did not fall, did not slip, slide or fall flat on my face, I felt great, hair and make-up and my dress all looked great, felt like a million dollars, it is funny when you feel confident, you exude confidence, not felt that for a while. Have not had chance to catch up with you and others for a while, will make sure I do!!!

Wonderful you had such a lovely time and rocked it.

Wonderful you had such a lovely time and rocked it.
Thank so much, did my confidence a world of good, have been a bit of a misery guts recently, could not shift that negativity, but back on form now, and ready to face up to all the challenges over the next few weeks, have just completed a plan for job hunting, made a list of things to be done, that had let slide.
Been off plan most of the week, WI tomorrow will face the consequences and get straight back on it.

Summary of last week, had an up and down week, not really been on plan much. As already stated, screen on laptop cracked, had to get it replaced, then 2 days later the charger actually went on fire!!!! Had to pay for overnight delivery for a new charger. Had family wedding at weekend was fabulous, everyone said how beautiful I looked, my £3 charity dress worked a treat!!!! Been a long time since I felt that good, and confident and felt like all the highs and lows of the last year were worth it. It has also made me determined to continue with my weight loss, not only to lose a bit more but to ensure I do not go back to old habits and put it all on again!!!

Have my WI later and will have a gain, but am going to re-focus and stay on plan to recoup any gain next week. Today will be my 52nd WI, I have stuck it out for a whole year, I'm very proud of me, I would have given up a long time ago. Just think if I stick at it for another year and have similar losses, gains and STS's I will have achieved my target!!!

Congratulations on your consistency. Impressive. The last lbs do seem to take longer. So with your stickability, you will get results.

SW plan (not sure about the others) is a bit of a strange plan. I would have to work at full throttle, up the speed, drink lots of water, increase the body magic to lose 1 lb and a maximum of 3 lbs in a week. Conversely if I go off plan for a few days but not fully off, I gain minimum of 1.5 lbs to a maximum 3.5 lbs (so far) in a week. So so easy to put on within a 7 day period but so hard to lose.

I am going to really struggle to get that 2 lbs gain off this week, I am going to try my best, at this point in the week I have nothing on to divert from the plan, hoping it will stay that way.

I gained 3.5 lbs in a week at end of June it actually took me 3 weeks to get that off again, and that was me being 100% on plan for those 3 weeks felt like a lifetime trying!!!

Ideally anything over 2 lbs this week would be good, but I know my body now and how it works.

Attending 2x 2 hours training sessions tomorrow and Friday on Positive Affirmations and Motivational Strategies, I really hope these will help not only with building my self-esteem but give me the confidence to go back to work on a full-time basis.

Here's to a good week for us all!!!!!!!

Had a training course earlier, called "Positive Affirmations" I used to teach Personal Development and Psychology for many years, did not think I would get anything out of it, but went along because I needed to sharpen the tools that have gone a little rusty. I mainly got signposting information, but it did remind me not to be so hard on myself and to implement positive affirmations in my life. I have another training session in the morning called "Motivational Strategies" I am hoping these combined as well as a few others over the coming weeks will help consolidate my thinking and prepare me to go back into full time work, keep me steady, remove the crippling anxiety, the low moods, the negativity.

It will be a long-term process, and I must practice what I preach!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting to read about yr courses. I strongly believe that the language we use impacts our lives. Affirmation are an amazing tool - hope you find them helpful.

So just back from my training course "Motivational Strategies" It covered all the things we all talk about on here everyday. It made me realise how far I have come in recent years, a lot of the strategies I had already put in place, but my low mood/negative thinking has stopped me from achieving even more and utilising all I have learned. I was able to share my experiences to help others in class, which I am always very good at but I find it difficult to put into practice myself.

Have decided over the weekend I will write a list of everything I need to do, not just for my weight loss, not only just to enhance me, not only for job purposes but also a lot of practical/admin stuff. I think I can be all or nothing, get loads done and then do nothing for weeks. I have felt so overwhelmed by the long list of stuff, then other things come along to overwhelmed me even more and then I can switch off.

Bumped into a friend who I would have described as one of my closest friends, but we drifted apart many years ago, I avoided her every time I did see her but today we had no other choice but to have a conversation, it felt natural and I so wanted to hug her and give her my number, but she took the lead and her body language told me that it was not appropriate, on a different day I would have been upset by that, and would relive the interaction over and over, analyse it, over think it, but I just said was nice to see her, I would have been happy to meet up again, but she seemed like she could not wait to get away. I am not upset or annoyed by it, it was what it was and probably too many years have passed. The break down of our friendship has haunted me for years, but today it has come full circle, have drawn a line under it, I think I have closure now.

Today's aim is to stay on plan, going to batch cook later, will go out for a walk, drink lots of water, complete my "to do" list.

Great post, Misty Angel. Thank you for sharing.

Back