Journey of Dietscovery!!

Morning all start of a brand new week. Been on and off plan most of the weekend. Struggling a bit emotionally, feel pretty low, hoping it will pass. Have an appt at 3pm going to walk and get some food for the next few days as well, in the hope I stay on plan. Had hen at weekend and a few people said I was looking really well and they had noticed my weight loss, so that was nice.

Anyway going to try and change this mood, I think it is anxiety which floors me now and then and really affects my mood. There is a lot going for me at moment without going into details, writing this I hope can help me make sense of it all. Not going to be over indulgent any more today, hopefully will be back later with a renewed energy.

Oh gosh, I'm feeling exactly the same :-(
Ah Windy hope you are feeling better now, I feel a little bit more renewed now, if I hadn't had an appt not sure I would have ventured out, daily consistent activity is an ideal but when your mood is low and you are feeling demotivated it can be difficult to get out of that cycle, everything is great in theory but putting it into practice can be a struggle sometimes. I have learned that those feelings are transient they do not last but when you are stuck in them it can be a cycle of self-sabotage etc.

I have managed so far today 10k steps and 400 calorie burn, hoping to get a little bit more activity (chores etc) in before the day is out, on plan food-wise. Please let me know how you are feeling now, I completely empathise and sometimes sitting with the feelings is the right thing to do, other times not.

... daily consistent activity is an ideal but when your mood is low and you are feeling demotivated it can be difficult to get out of that cycle, everything is great in theory but putting it into practice can be a struggle sometimes. I have learned that those feelings are transient they do not last but when you are stuck in them it can be a cycle of self-sabotage etc.

... I completely empathise and sometimes sitting with the feelings is the right thing to do, other times not.

Thank you for sharing this, I can relate, having my share of poor mental health days. Also,t hank you for sharing about your charity shop finds for the hen night, it makes for an inviting read. I don't have much in the way of disposable income either, so it's nice to know I'm not alone in that struggle. Congratulations on getting the 10 000 steps in -that's impressive.

Thank you for sharing this, I can relate, having my share of poor mental health days. Also,t hank you for sharing about your charity shop finds for the hen night, it makes for an inviting read. I don't have much in the way of disposable income either, so it's nice to know I'm not alone in that struggle. Congratulations on getting the 10 000 steps in -that's impressive.
Hi, I think it is important to recognise mental ill health as an imperative factor on our weight loss journeys, this is what has debilitated me for so long, but have been working hard to understand and live with those demons. Writing it down can be very therapeutic as well and can help make sense of triggers, feelings, emotions etc.

I have not been working out of home for quite a while and my budget is very tight. I have now learned to be a bit more practical (it does not come natural to me). I shop around now and try and make the best of my monies. I am finding healthy eating very expensive, they say you can do it on a budget (fine if you want to eat baked beans for a week)!! Salad, fruit and low sprays etc really do add up.

I have not bought any new clothing in years, have a few pieces as gifts, but the rest is all hand me downs or charity fayre!!! Also, until I reach my target I do not want to spend on clothes that hopefully will not fit in the future!!!

LIVE AND LEARN, LEARN AND LIVE - seems to be my motto at the moment!!!!

Ah Windy hope you are feeling better now, I feel a little bit more renewed now, if I hadn't had an appt not sure I would have ventured out, daily consistent activity is an ideal but when your mood is low and you are feeling demotivated it can be difficult to get out of that cycle, everything is great in theory but putting it into practice can be a struggle sometimes. I have learned that those feelings are transient they do not last but when you are stuck in them it can be a cycle of self-sabotage etc.

I have managed so far today 10k steps and 400 calorie burn, hoping to get a little bit more activity (chores etc) in before the day is out, on plan food-wise. Please let me know how you are feeling now, I completely empathise and sometimes sitting with the feelings is the right thing to do, other times not.

Thanks. Tomorrow will be better. I did have some good news though, if you fancy checking out my diary

Hi all, WI today for me, not looking forward to it, last week was inconsistent, all I can hope for is not to gain, the ideal scenario would be to get 1lb off as that would take me into the 11's, fingers crossed I will be pleasantly surprised (not holding my breath though lol)

Good luck!

0.5 lb gain for me tonight, could have been worse I suppose, will take it on the chin, my inconsistency is always consistent!!! Going to re-focus this week and aiming for a 2lb loss at next WI. Stats today are 10k steps and 360 calorie burn. Also hoping to up my activity as much as I can too.
Good for you

Good focus, Misty Angel. I daily weigh and have been up a couple of lbs. I'm now on the way down. I'm not sure why I gained. But as a daily weighed, I don't fret about it.

Good luck for this week!

Been a very lazy day as not feeling 100%, stayed on plan food-wise though!!

A lot of photographs taken at hen, I was promised they would not be put on FB, and they have been posted. I have shied away from photos for years, all I see is a dumpling. I only allowed 1 photo to be taken of me but was standing beside my niece who is a size 6!!! I thought after shedding 2 stone I might look a bit better, but I do not see any change and the photo is awful and I look FAT!!! Has really fucked me off (sorry for my language)!!! Have a big family wedding in a few weeks and now I feel traumatised as I will have no choice but to be in the photographs ugh.

Stats today 4k steps 150 calorie burn.

aw, *hugs*, MistyAngel. God damn Facebook! In all honestly, there's madness in comparing oneself to a slim woman, much younger in age, and you probably didn't look as bad as you feel you did. However, my reaction would be the same, so I completely understand how you feel.

Another new day, had bacon, eggs and mushrooms for breakfast. Trying to change it up everyday now, going to swerve bread for the day. Going to up my fruit and vegetables/salads. I do not have great losses, but if I go off a bit in the week I can so easily gain. would love a minimum of 1.5 lbs this week but hoping for 2lbs, I have to work very hard for that. Sooooooo want to get into the 11's, it has been a far off dream for what has seemed a lifetime. Hoping to get out later for a walk, not been good on the body magic so far this week.

Morning all, woke up quite sluggish, having some caffeine to kick start the day. Food will be on plan today. have so many chores and household admin to complete, will focus on that this morning and if will try my best to get out for a walk of some description, was aiming to beat yesterdays steps but forgot to charge my wristband over night, so can only calculate from later. Hope everyone has a great healthy day!!!

Not a bad day today, on plan with food, were thunderstorms so did not go out for the walk I had intended to. Managed to do a few chores just to up my activity, but was very hot and a bit light headed so did not do too much, but still enough. Managed 11k of steps and 409 calorie burn. so I am pleased with that. Just keep visualising those scales at next WI, have set a 2lb goal I would so love to get that off!!!!

Back