Journey of Dietscovery!!

and no one will be looking at the size on the tag
I have kinda had enough of dress shopping now, so apart from shoes I am wearing it!!! it cost me £3 and a brand new clutch for £2, had not budgeted at all for an outfit as was meant to borrow one. (But been let down). At least £50 for a gift, booked to get my hair and makeup done £40, it is quite an expensive place and will be a long day so probably need at least £50 if not more for the day. The original dress was long and flowing, so did not have to worry about a tan or even the style of shoes, but have to add those to budget now. I have not been working for a while and do not have much disposable income so all of that, on top of other things just overwhelmed me sometimes.

I have a wedding this Saturday. Minimum gift is 100euro, make up and tan 55, dress 30, shoes 8, own tan, accessories 20, taxis 20, spending money 100. I'm a student. So expensive but trying not to think about it

Minimum gift is 100euro
Wow. I don't know minimum gifts were a thing, Windy.

Misty - your outfit sounds wonderful. And then you can recycle it or get it tailored to the size you are slinking into!

Fully on plan today, walked to an appt earlier, topped up some food too, been so busy last few days so lots of body magic done, have to head out tomorrow too, will walk it and have to shop for some shoes and beauty products. Also have to meet up with friend to borrow a bag and stole and have doctor appt too, feel like i have not had a minute and missed lunch the last 3 days, bigger portion for dinner tonight.

Feel like if I get all the wedding stuff sorted this week can relax a bit next week and concentrate on job hunting, a few health issues and re-focus my mind, body and spirit.

Body magic the last 3 days have been a minimum of 15k steps to 17k calorie burn been between 500 - 700.

You make me laugh, Misty Angel! Your idea of a relaxing week is concentrating on job hunting, health issues and re-focusing on mind, body and spirit! Not much on then!

Sorry I'm a bit late, but Congratulations of getting into the 11s! That must have felt great.

I hope you have a good time at the wedding, and you remain comfortable in your not too tight dress. I understand what you mean about being able to exhale, regroup and focus on your own needs and goals after the wedding. These things are fun and exciting, but by gosh, it's a relief once they're over and normal life resumes.

I didn't know a minimum gift was a thing either, times have changed, eh?

Here in Ireland it is expected that a couple give 200e and a singleton gives 100e

Here in Ireland it is expected that a couple give 200e and a singleton gives 100e
I am in the North of Ireland and never heard of that concept either, (there is a general rule of thumb to at least pay for your meal) this is my god daughters wedding it is also her 30th birthday on her wedding day, oh and her husband to be also happens to be 30 that week!! Was originally going to make up a hamper and fill it with lots of their favourite things but now have left it a bit late to run around and start picking up stuff.
There is still over a week to go, I will review my finances and decide how much to spend on gift, it is so much easier going as a couple or family as they can give much less per person.

You make me laugh, Misty Angel! Your idea of a relaxing week is concentrating on job hunting, health issues and re-focusing on mind, body and spirit! Not much on then!
I need to focus on myself but this wedding has taken over everything the last few weeks, was meant to borrow an outfit and accessories but was left hanging, that would have taken so much pressure of me, could have focused on myself instead of running around like a headless chicken trying to get an outfit etc. and being overstretched financially. I am the type of person who likes to take my time and go at my own pace, can not deal with pressure anymore it overwhelms me and then I shut down, but hoping I will have all the wedding stuff sorted by end of week.

Sorry I'm a bit late, but Congratulations of getting into the 11s! That must have felt great.

I hope you have a good time at the wedding, and you remain comfortable in your not too tight dress. I understand what you mean about being able to exhale, regroup and focus on your own needs and goals after the wedding. These things are fun and exciting, but by gosh, it's a relief once they're over and normal life resumes.

I didn't know a minimum gift was a thing either, times have changed, eh?
Hi thank you, how are you doing? I sound like a bit of a drama queen!!! I had a falling out with my sister (mother of bride) about 6 weeks ago, she and the rest of them have had no contact with me the last few weeks, she was lending me an outfit and accessories and just left me hanging, going to this wedding with a cloud of anxiety and pressure on me, do not want to go, fuming that at this late stage had to suddenly budget and start running around trying to sort out an outfit. Could have used this time to sort out other (in my mind) more important things. I been emotionally drained with it all, but I am a strong independent woman and will do it myself, like I always have!!! (Phew that sounds more like me now)!!!

Had quite a productive day. Batch cooked chicken and vegetable super speed soup and a chicken curry, they should do me a few days. Walked into town and met friend for coffee and she lent me a matching gold bag, shoes and a stole. The shoes are slightly big on me but they are kitten heels and have a strap and they looked fine on!! I will either look a sight for this wedding or fabulous!!!! Picked up some fake tan and a hair dye so that is everything I need to buy sorted. You will all be pleased to know I will not be moaning on anymore about it!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Going to try and refocus my head, grab a bit of control back and feel empowered for the weekend and the week to come.

Managed to achieve 16k of steps today so far and 600 calorie burn.

Hi all, not had a bad few days, although yesterday was one of those days where I did not feel hungry most of the day and then ended up bingeing a bit late last night. Just had a walk to local supermarkets, bought more than I could carry, I looked so undignified on the walk home, had 4 heavy bags, was sweating like a pig, my jeans were falling down, had slept on my glasses last night and they were a bit wonky and falling off my face, not to mention the corduroy shirt I wearing and the button around the boobage area kept popping open :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

That sounds very good look! Like me and my ruck sacknyesterday. Sweaty and over opulent body!

Hi all, fully on plan last few days, lots of salads, vegetables etc. Mopped and hoovered all my floors yesterday and did some household chores in all that heat as well.
WI tomorrow was hoping to lose 2 lbs (that would put me back on target for 1 lbs a week Christmas challenge) but did go off plan earlier in week so not sure, but hopefully with all the speed and body magic I will manage some kind of loss.
Been on SW this time for nearly a year and most I have ever lost on full throttle was 3 lbs so 2 lbs this week might be a big ask, but hopefully no gain.

A gain last week and a loss this week puts me back on track. Had a mishap with laptop yesterday and had to go and get it fixed, so missed lunch, by the time I got to my class (7pm) I was ill with hunger, normally after class I have sneaked off to chip shop, but was very proud of myself had a home made chicken curry with rice, it was after 9 pm before I had my 2nd meal, had a 2 bags of corn snacks and an Alpen Light Bar, so instead of seeing WI day as a treat day, like I normally do I thought I would try and stay on plan until the wedding on Saturday, will enjoy myself and over-indulge if I feel like it, sometimes when I have a social event I lax on the plan, but thinking of next WI and can not bear a big gain, a maintain or loss would be desirable.

A gain last week and a loss this week puts me back on track. Had a mishap with laptop yesterday and had to go and get it fixed, so missed lunch, by the time I got to my class (7pm) I was ill with hunger, normally after class I have sneaked off to chip shop, but was very proud of myself had a home made chicken curry with rice, it was after 9 pm before I had my 2nd meal, had a 2 bags of corn snacks and an Alpen Light Bar, so instead of seeing WI day as a treat day, like I normally do I thought I would try and stay on plan until the wedding on Saturday, will enjoy myself and over-indulge if I feel like it, sometimes when I have a social event I lax on the plan, but thinking of next WI and can not bear a big gain, a maintain or loss would be desirable.

Well done on the thought process of keeping your chips shop splurge until the wedding on Saturday! I would normally splurge on WI day and maybe the day after cos I had a whole week to make it up but I changed class now to a Tuesday evening from a Friday morning and it ain't so easy to splurge at the weekends as you only have a few days to pull back :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back