Journey to 11.5

Height: 5' 7''
Starting Weight: 19 st 1 lbs (267 lbs)
BMI: 41.8
End Goal: 11 st 6 lbs (160 lbs)
Target BMI: 25.1

Today is my first day of Exante. As I type this I'm just polishing off my first chocolate shake. I was cringing as I raised the glass to my mouth for the first time but actually, it's not that bad. Phew.

I did the Cambridge Diet for a few months in 2008 but then Christmas hit and I made the very common mistake of thinking I could have a day off and get right back on it. Almost exactly three years later and I'm back. I won't be taking Christmas off this time!

I've always been fat and most of the time, I've been OK with that. I have bad days where I look in the mirror and don't like what I see, but hey, so do thin people.

The main factor for me in wanting to lose weight is not how I look or feel, it's my physical health: It hurts to walk. My feet ache, my ankles are swollen and my knees creak. That makes me miserable no matter how accepting I am of my body shape.

And I still have to fix my relationship with food, hence doing a VLCD. I eat when I am happy, sad, bored, excited, lonely....you name an emotion, it triggers me to eat.

So here I am. Hi, I'm Hayley and I'm a foodaholic.

Hi Hayley!

First of all I wish you the best of luck with your diet!

I have done the Cambridge diet myself and I did quite well on it but did the same thing as you, once you stop its so difficult to start again. Plus the Cambridge shakes just tasted awful! I am really happy with the Exante ones!

I am sorry to hear about your other health issues and I really hope they get better for you.

Best wishes for your diet and let us know how it goes!

Hey Hayley
Good luck hope it goes well for you :)

Well I made it through Day 1! I'm very tired today but haven't felt particularly hungry so far. Long may that continue :)

I've found one flavour so far that I don't like, the vanilla shake. My husband is hoping to start the diet soon though (waiting for the doctor to confirm if it's OK) and he liked the Vanilla so hopefully I can offload them onto him. :-D

Soups are much creamier than the CD ones I remember and do seem to taste exactly like cup a soup so that's nice.

Back to work tomorrow, hope I'm not too tired.

Thanks for your comments everyone :)

Day 3 has gone great so far. I was surprised to find I didn't feel hungry at all today so I'm hoping that means I'm already in Ketosis. Just ordered some Ketostix so will check as soon as they arrive. I was really worried about coping at work but so far it's been easier than home. I even refused a piece of chocolate cake :-D

quasi-hayley said:
Thanks for your comments everyone :)

Day 3 has gone great so far. I was surprised to find I didn't feel hungry at all today so I'm hoping that means I'm already in Ketosis. Just ordered some Ketostix so will check as soon as they arrive. I was really worried about coping at work but so far it's been easier than home. I even refused a piece of chocolate cake :-D

Glad its going well :) I find it's easier when I'm busy rather than sat around thinking if food :)

Thanks DustQueen, you're definitely right about being busy helping.

Someone at work has just come back off holiday and left a load of sweets in the kitchen for us. I walked past, picked one up, put it in my mouth and then thought, 'Oh no!!!' so in a feat of amazing willpower I spat it in the bin. Phew.

I've forgotten my soup for lunch though :-( I can't go home but I'm thinking I'll nip to the supermarket and get some celery or something to tide me over.

Hey Hayley super duper my little trooper well done chick that is pure determination u know...
Good luck for today, if u have a supermarket close by... U can by one of the bars recommended if that helps..

X

I had a bar last night, the toffee one (yuck) and today I'm starving so I think that probably knocked me out of ketosis. The test strip says I'm in the 'Faible' range - why it tells me that in French but not English I don't know (it means 'Weak' if anyone is wondering).

Other than that, it's been going OK so far. It's harder today because I'm feeling a bit light-headed with the hunger but nothing I can't get through.

I had a sneaky weigh in yesterday even though I want to stick to Friday weigh-ins and it looks like I'm on track for a decent loss (7lbs). Hopefully that bar hasn't ruined it. I think when I get home from work I'll have a read of the forums to see how other people have got on with them.

Hi Hayley, I can totally relate to what you put in your first post of this thread.

Soups are much creamier than the CD ones I remember and do seem to taste exactly like cup a soup so that's nice.

This is nice to read! I keep worrying I'm really going to dislike the soups, fingers crossed lol.

I walked past, picked one up, put it in my mouth and then thought, 'Oh no!!!' so in a feat of amazing willpower I spat it in the bin. Phew.

Wow that's really good, my will power is terrible I would have probably ended up eating it :(

looks like I'm on track for a decent loss (7lbs).

Well done :D

Starting Weight: 19 st 1 lbs (267 lbs)
Current Weight: 17 st 12 lbs (250 lbs)
Loss: 17 lbs

Made it through two weeks of TS with the occasional bit of chicken. :) It's getting easier now so here's hoping for a good loss this week.

Only lost 1 lb this week :-( Am a bit gutted since I've been TS but I guess my body is hanging onto stuff. Hopefully next week's weigh in will be better.

quasi-hayley said:
Only lost 1 lb this week :-( Am a bit gutted since I've been TS but I guess my body is hanging onto stuff. Hopefully next week's weigh in will be better.

Week 2 is often a small one while you adjust it'll move again soon my second week on LL I was 100% and put on a lb :S
Well done on sticking to it x

Back