Journey to a size 12!!!

Bubbles1984

Silver Member
Not long joined this site but finding it a lifeline since starting SW!!!

After having my daughter (who has just turned 2) ive been stuck at a size 16/18. I was heavier before just after i had her but lost 2 stone with weight watchers but i hated how fruit etc wasnt "free" and i would often spend evenings starving after running out of points!!! I dont mind being curvy...but at the age of 26 i saw a pic of me and realised that althought i dont look "fat" i look bloated and out of shape. My friend has been losing a heap on SW and it sounded too good to be true so i started it.

Lost 5lbs in my first week and my 2nd week will be up on tuesday. Finding it so hard to beleive how much you can eat!! I dont feel like ive lost any this week but you never know.

I had gotten lazy while on WW and mainly ate their ready meals but now im really enjoying cooking from scratch, and a lot of it my daughter can eat too :)

Trying to team it with half an hour a day on the wii fit and also got a treadmill so hoping that will help shift it soon. Want to be a size 12 by xmas!!!

Aim to update several times a week :) xxx

Last edited:
Well done on losing 5lbs, thats wonderful. Hope we can all encourage each to keep it going :)

Good luck lovey! Just make sure you give yourself small targets at first and you'll succeed more and more :)

Lovely to hear your little girl will be enjoying your healthy cooking too :) The mums on this site are so inspirational.

WW didn't suit me AT all. Don't see why everyone raves about it personally but SW wins!

Yeah WW didnt suit me either...and the longer im on slimming world the more i wonder why no one told me about it before!!! This is by far the best diet ive ever heard of. If i lost 2lbs every week then i would be over the moon but i know some weeks i might stay the same or just lose 1lb...just have to try and not lose heart!

Thanks ladies...will see what the weigh in on tuesday says :) xx

Well i lost 2lbs when i weighed myself on tuesday morning. Not a huge loss (im so envious of these ppl who are losing like 5lbs every week lol) but its a start. I dont feel any thinner tho but im sure it must be doing something.

I still feel guilty for eating. Like this morning was a banana and a muller light. Then i had a alpen lite bar. Then lunch was a stir fry with veggies and quorn chicken. Another muller light yoghurt and half a curly wurly bar. Dinner was SW chips with a low fat turkey rasher and some beans. Now im munching on apple slices, grapes and strawberries. But i feel like a pig lol xx

Well i was at a family BBQ yesterday and had a glass of fizzy wine, a handful of kettle chips....then just had a baked potatoe and quorn sausages for tea...then made my excuses and came home...so i didnt come off track. phew! Its the time of the month tho so who knows what the scales may say on tuesday morning.....eeek!! xx

well i weighed myself this morning (i know its a day early but monday mornings are much easier for me than tuesdays so im switching!) and ive lost 1lb. Thats fine. I mean after losing 5lbs in one week its a bit of a pain in the bum but you cant have big losses all the time, and i would rather have a steady weight loss that i can maintain than a quick one that piles back on!! :) xxx

Thanks hun...im trying to do half an hour on the wii fit most days but sometimes (With a toddler running around) i dont always have time! The weather is so rubbish as well..hard to want to go for a walk in the pouring rain lol!!

Well i weighed myself on monday...just 1lb loss again which was REALLY frustrating as i had been so good, barely had any syns or anything!!! Dont understand it. Lets hope i lose a bit more this week...i can really see why sometimes ppl lose motivation.

When i look back on how i used to be (barely eating during the day then having dinner and snacking on crisps and wine once i had put ava to bed)...and how i eat now (3 proper meals, fruit for snacks and then about 5 syns a day..if any)...i should have the weight dropping off lol.

However i did try on a size 16 dress which i had that was SO tight on me i could barely breathe...put it on the other day and it slid on easy...so that perked me up a bit! :) xx :D

Well ive decided to give the weight loss a kick up the arse and work on the wii fit for half an hour each morning, and half an hour in the evening. Got on the wii today tho and it weighed me (i know i shouldnt of, i only last weighed myself on monday) and it said my weight was exactly the same. Sigh :(

decided im just going to use the wii for my weekly weigh in's, i think the bathroom scales and the wii dont agree! x

Well last night i discovered skinny cow triple choccie lollies....4.5 syns! Mmmm! I had one of them, and a options hot chocolate. Delish!!!

Also did half an hour on the wii fit in the morning and half an hour at night. That was 398 calories burned. And then did another half hour this morning...will do the next half hour while im cooking dinner tonight after work.

Got a friend coming over tomorrow night for x factor. In the past that would of meant ordering a takeaway once the kids were in bed and munching on crisps. Now, im cooking a syn free curry with brown rice and fruit and merangues for tea. Wont be as nice im sure but never mind!!!

Weigh in on monday...please let me of at least lost 1lb!!! xx

well i lost 1lb this week which is fine i guess!! Better than gaining or staying the same! Someone told me that the exercise im doing could be why the weight loss is slowing down as im building muscle...but im not doing to stop as i want to tone up as i lose.

Got a girls night out on sat and im going to try and be as good as i can (i wont join in in the pre drinks pizza...instead i will make a baked potatoe with cheese and beans) and im going to drink vodka and soda...but i know i will go over my syns...and the night normally ends with a takeaway. So im going to weigh myself on saturday before the night out...then give myself until the following monday (not 2 days later..just over a week later) to lose the weight and to be fair on myself. First night out in 6 months lol!! xx

Well done on the loss, it's still 1lb in the right direction !.. About the exercise i have heard that it can start out this way but will eventually help with your losses, Just make sure you are "sweaty" and your heart rate is going rather than aching as this is when you Burn calories rather than tone up..

as for your night out, save some syn's this week and enjoy yourself on your night out !.. It'll do you good to not think about it for a day and recharge your batteries just jump straight back on it the day after.x

I am looking forward to the break to be honest...and also to a mcdonalds lol!!! Will be nice to recharge my batteries, i prob wont get another night out till xmas time!!

Yeah i try to do the boxing ones and the hula hoop ones which make me sweat...always choose the "burn calories" option lol!!!

Hoping to rescue an abandoned cat tomorrow so that will take my mind off fooooooooood lol xx

Hello :)

My laptop died a hideous death so ive been offline for ages while waiting for it to be fixed. Back now tho :)

So i dont know what i weigh because i had my long awaited girls night out on sat...complete with a subway for dinner AND a mcdonalds after the night out (at 3am!) plus lots of cocktails....so i didnt weigh myself on the monday. Giving myself a week (so next monday i will weigh again) to try and get back on track. Went straight back on the diet on sunday (no hangover munch for me!) so im being very well behaved. Taking ppls advice and actually using my sins...we will see how it goes :)

xxx

hi glad you managed to get the laptop sorted ! mine is also on it's last legs but thankfully it's a works one so they'll replace it soon !.. dont worry abotu this week i bet you make up for it next week !

Well fingers crossed, i can definatly see a change in my body shape so im hoping things are working!!

ahh lucky you with the work computer, thankfully mine was still under warrenty so john lewis fixed it for free but it will be a different story in 3 months!!! xx

That's great Bubbles, it sounds like the exercise is really helping with your shape. Did you measure yourself before you started?

Although it's great to see the numbers coming down I always think that when i'm out i'm not wearing a sign which says "I weigh xxx" but if your shape gets toned up then it can really boost your confidence

Thanks lucky :) Ive been a bit slack with the exercise lately because ive not been feeling well but still do some when i try! im like you, i would prefer to go by my shape and clothes size than what i weigh (my hatred of the BMI chart is well known!). But if i stand in my underwear i can see more defininition with my waist etc. And of course it is nice to see those numbers dropping on the scales :) and no, i didnt measure myself when i started but i wish i had!!! xx

Back