Journey to a size 12!!!

Hello Bubbles...just wanted to say hi, what an amazing diary. I've only recently started SW and find the results it's giving you very inspiring. Do you have a particular goal date in mind? How do you stay motivated when not weighing in at a class?

Long as you enjoyed yourself vix thats the main thing! We all deserve a treat now and then!!

Hey Chocoholiccat :) Thanks! Erm i dont know how i stay motivated to be honest, sometimes its hard but i just refuse to pay each week to get weighed. As im losing weight/inches im selling all the clothes that are now too big for me on ebay....so theres no way back. If i put on weight...im gonna have nothing to wear lol. THen i use the money i make, to buy a couple of new clothes in my current size. I want to be down to about 10 stone, and im 11 stone 7lbs just now. How easy that will be i dont know as its really slowing down now unfortunatly, which is why i joined the gym. I was aiming for summer to reach my goal but we will see, not sure if thats possible!! :) How much are you hoping to lose? xx

Hey Bubbles....think I might need to sell my stuff as well when I eventually go down a size. I'm trying to exercise every second day at the moment, got so much going on at the moment that I'm running myself into the ground so trying not to pressurise myself with the exercise too much. I would absolutely love to lose 4 stone in total but I think 3 to 3.5st would be more realistic. One of my good friends that I used to go to uni with is getting married next spring. It's going to be a very posh, luxurious do, as well as a uni reunion, and the last thing I want is to meet them all with the 3st extra on me that I've gained since leaving uni :S
What was your trigger? I think that's one of the things that's keeping me motivated. I was asked how many weeks(!!!!) I had left til I gave birth, when I said I wasn't pregnant, they said that it was the local rumour as my stomach was getting so large that everyone presumed I was about ready to drop :(
Sorry for rambling........

Dont pressure yourself too hard, slow and steady is the best way to go. Means your far less likely to snap and give in. It took a long time for the weight to go on so it will take a long time for the weight to go off :)

Hmm my trigger was probably my daughter. I didnt want her growing up with a mum who was totally self consious and constantly putting herself down. I dont want her to have a "skinny" mum but i do want her to have a mum whos happy and healthy with her curves and who can run around no issues after her. Plus....i have a SERIOUS shopping obsession and i wanted to buy pretty clothes instead of constnatly having to go up a size! When i tried on a pair of size 18 jeans and they were snug on me...that was it. There was no way i was going to be a 20...im only 5ft 4 and thats just too big for me. I feel better than ive felt in years!

God i bet that person who asked you if you were pregnant felt mortifed!! How awful for you :( :( xx

That's true, in my head the weight came on very quickly but in reality I've been building up to this weight for the last 7 years.

I have a major shopping addiction as well, I can ALWAYS justify new clothes lol. I got to a point where I admitted that I'd reached a size 16 and thought a couple of pieces of clothing in size 16 will keep me going. When I had to wear my mum's size 18 maxi dress for my sisters 21st, I was mortified but it still wasn't the kick up the a**e I needed. I'm only 5ft 3in and to weigh in at 13st 9lbs was so scary, I don't believe in the BMI thing entirely but it's still very scary to know that at 24, I'm in the health risk category (i.e obese). I've also got to a point where I've realised that when I want to have children, I'm putting myself and any possible babies at higher risk during pregnancy due to my weight, as well as reducing the chance of conceiving.

Anyway, I'm rambling again...Do you ever do EE days? What low syn snacks do you use? I've been limiting myself to a couple of syns a day, don't trust myself not to devour a massive bar of chocolate.....

i was worse than you luv, i was 14 stone 9lbs when i started slimming world! And im only 5ft 4 lol.

I only do extra easy....might have to switch to red and green days tho as it really is slowing down now. What plan are you doing? xx

I'm looking at starting red and green days too bubbles, I think they will work better for me atm. Let me know how you get on if you try them, after doing EE for so long I'm not sure I'll be able to get my head around them.

I have also been asked when my baby was due, I had only given birth around 2 weeks before and was in the lift to see my daughter in neonatal at the local maternity unit so I guess I could forgive the woman for thinking it but it still made me feel awful.

I've only just bought new clothes after losing 4 stone, I just didn't see the point in buying anything that would only fit me a few weeks/months but everything was starting to look ridiculous so I got a few new tops with my birthday vouchers from july last year in next and 1 of them was 4 sizes smaller at a size 14 :D. Luckily I kept all my jeans etc that I grew out off so have loads all the way down to a size 12 most of which have hardly been worn. I think I'll go through my wardrobe this weekend and stick the stuff thats too big on ebay too which reminds me I need to set up a new paypal account!

Anyways enough of my ramblings, hope you're having a good week! xxx

Hello vixmania41999! Thanks for your story, unfortunately mine was in work and it was the second time I'd been asked in 6 months :S
I'm so happy for you that you're getting into smaller clothes...I have a wardrobe full of clothes that don't fit me properly so I should be ok for a while anyway.

Bubbles, I'm only doing Extra Easy at the moment. When I do it properly, it works really well for me. I don't know if I trust the red/green days for me yet. How are you getting on with them? Are you finding that they are helping speed up your weight loss?

Wow vix a size 14 top?! Thats amazing, well done you!!! :) :)

If the weight loss completly stalls i will try green and red days but im going to stuck to EE just now. It fits in so much easier with me cooking meals for my daughter etc. But if needs must, i will switch!!

Its the gym im hoping will tone me up...i know i will lose inches but i am building muscle so it might hinder the weight loss a bit. Who knows!! I knew this final hurdle would be the hardest part!! Ive been to the gym 3 times this week already, and going again tonight. Ive got a rubbish cold tho so im prob going to struggle tonight!! But the gym isnt open at the weekend so i get the weekend off lol xxx

Hello Bubbles i just want to say you have done amazingly well.. you should be so proud of yourself... keep going x

Weighed myself this morning.....11 stone 6lbs. YES!!! somehow i managed to lose weight despite being very "snacky" over the weekend due to this bloody cold. Got the gym tonight and since ive been to over 6 sessions i get to join their "smart" programme where it pushes you more :) Im not sure if i get measured tonight or not. Hate getting weighed at night as im always heavier!!!

Its crazy gale force winds here, had to do a lot of driving my family around today, and im now settled at work. Could think of other places i would rather be but at least its warm!! xxx

oh my GOD. The gym tonight was HARD!! To join the smart programme you have to go around the circuit with an instructer and do 10 seconds on each machine and push yourself to the absolute limit. This gives your keycard your target...and u must match that target everytime you use the machine...or beat it. If you go below the target...it flashes red at you so everyone can see lol. Then at the end of your workout, you put your keyfob into the computer and see your results and how you compared to last time, and what you need to improve on. So of course i pushed myself to the limit...got really good results/targets. Then had to do my 30 minute circuit...i hurt all over by the time i was finished! Stupid me for setting a high target! Its gonna be tough!!! xx

OMG well done you that sounds hardcore!! It sounds brilliant though, what a good way to push yourself harder than you probably would do in a 'normal' gym. I can't find one in my area though so I have joined a normal gym tonight, it doesn't open until 15th June though but its too good a deal to miss.....I'm far too impatient i'm itching to start already lol.

Well done on getting a loss too, you'll be at your target in no time!! xxx

Morning you did very well at the gym.. It does get easier honestly I go 4 times a week and love it. You will soon notice the inches disappearing.!

Well done on your weight loss to, are you still following the EE plan?
Have a good day x

Thanks girls :)

Vix what gym did you join? Good that you got a good deal!!

Shanny, i really hope it does get easier! I was quite shocked haha. But you really can feel it working and i see a difference already. Im quite looking forward to getting measured at the start of june haha xx

i joined one called pure gym its only 9.99 a month if you join b4 it opens. Can't not at that price!

oh we have one of them in aberdeen! A lot of my freinds joined in, such a good deal! Its about 30 miles away from me tho so i cant go...whilst curves is 200 yards from my front door lol.xxx

lol no excuses then, I'd love to have a gym that close, saying that though we do have one in walking distance I've been to a few times but its quite expensive to pay as you go.

Back