Extra Easy Days Journey to mini- target #3 // 1lb lost - 5.5lbs to go

Weighed in this morning at 13st 0.5lbs so -2.5lbs this week :D. I'm please with that, now onto planning for the week.

Last edited:
Diary #8 Saturday 23rd April

Breakfast; weetabix, milk
Lunch; prawns, rice, peas, sweetcorn
Tea; tuna pasta bake filled with tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, peppers and a side of broccoli, green beans and peas.
Snacks; mullerlight with strawberries and grapes

Syns; none today, i didnt feel like eating something just for the sake of it.
Weekly Syns Total; 0/105.

So today i have been busy cooking :). I made a tuna pasta bake with lots of veggies in it and split it into 6 generous portions so 4 have gone in the freezer. I also made bacon and mushroom mini quiches, they went ok but took ages to brown for some reason, oh and some got stuck to the tin:(. I'm currently waiting on silicone cases being delivered which i am hoping will solve the problem.

Tomorrow i plan to make a larger batch of tomato soup so i can freeze some of that too. I might even stretch to a leek and potato bake if i buy some potatoes. I'm trying to make meals out of what i've got in to use things up as money is a little thin at this time of the month (why is healthy food so expensive?). I could actually do to make a list of budget meals for when i'm scraping the barrel.

Checking in mid-afternoon to deliver yesterdays diary which i totally forgot about. :oops:

Diary #9 Sunday 24th April

Breakfast; weetabix, milk,
Lunch; 3 x mini quiches (bacon, mushroom, onion), salad (cucumber, tomatoes, pickled onions, gherkins)
Tea; 1 x Asda bbq chicken fillet, broccoli, green beans, peas, new potatoes
Snacks; pear, apple,

Syns; Galaxy Ripple (8.5)
Weekly Syns Total; 8.5/105.

Not sure of the syns in the bbq chicken breast. I can only find information on the mini fillets of the same range and they are free. So if anyone else can offer any help, i would be very grateful.:)

I managed to make a batch of the speedy tomato soup yesterday and got 4 portions out of it so they've gone in the freezer. I'm really getting into cooking things in batches and freezing them. I feel like i need a fridge and freezer to myself in this house; what with stocking up on muller lights and fruits and veggi

Back again for today's diary.

Diary #10 Monday 25th April

Breakfast; weetabix, milk, 1 clementine, apple
Lunch; 3 x mini quiches (bacon, mushroom, onion), portion of tuna pasta bake (homemade)
Tea; Roast beef, Mash, Broccoli, Green Beans, Peas, 2 Yorkshire Puddings (6) Gravy (1.5)
Snacks; pear, clementine,

Syns;
Weekly Syns Total; 16/105.

Congratulations on your loss this week Stacey, that's fantastic :)

Congratulations on your loss this week Stacey, that's fantastic :)
Thank you so much Marie, congratulations on your loss too. :)

Just finished a ten hour shift on 2 and half hours sleep, feeling tired, but i forgot my diary yesterday so here's a double;

Diary #11 Tuesday 26th April

Breakfast; banana & custard mullerlight with strawberries and apple
Lunch; Batchelors Pesto Pasta
Tea; Salmon, Broccoli, Peas, Baby Sweetcorn, New Potatoes
Snacks; pineapple, banana, 2x plums

Syns; none today

Weekly Syns Total; 16/105.

Diary #12 Wednesday 27th April

Breakfast; 2 weetabix, milk, banana, apple
Lunch; Salmon, Broccoli, New Potatoes, Peas, Baby Sweetcorn, Mullerlight
Tea; Chicken Stew, 2 slices wholemeal bread (8)
Snacks; 2 plums, strawberries,

Syns; 2 slices wholemeal bread (8),

Weekly Syns Total; 24/105.

I feel like i've had a good day today, i did use some of my syns on bread to dip in my stew :). I think i am going to try and keep track of how much i am drinking as i don't think i am drinking enough. I get put off NAS juice and water when it's cold outside but i need to try more. Some days i barely drink anything, i don't think i'm a thirsty person to be honest, i never think to myself 'oh i could do with a drink'.

I'm feeling positive again so far this week food wise and sticking to plan, fingers crossed.

hello :) just popping to say hi, well done on the 2.5lbs off this week, that's fantastic. I know it was a little while ago, but I always have those breaded chicken things at the weekend, as far as I am concerned it's just the same as eating 5 or 6 chicken nuggets haha! I use my syns on stuff like spray oil as I can't abide frylight, alcohol, crisps, sometimes just stuff like ketchup and mayonnaise. Also things like bit of butter in mashed potato/swede. I use countrylife lighter, or whichever one is on offer ;) and usually 10g works out at about 2.5 syns, which is plenty for a jacket potato or a bit of mash.

hello :) just popping to say hi, well done on the 2.5lbs off this week, that's fantastic. I know it was a little while ago, but I always have those breaded chicken things at the weekend, as far as I am concerned it's just the same as eating 5 or 6 chicken nuggets haha! I use my syns on stuff like spray oil as I can't abide frylight, alcohol, crisps, sometimes just stuff like ketchup and mayonnaise. Also things like bit of butter in mashed potato/swede. I use countrylife lighter, or whichever one is on offer ;) and usually 10g works out at about 2.5 syns, which is plenty for a jacket potato or a bit of mash.
Hi :) Thanks for your support and advice, it's much appreciated.

Diary #13 Thursday 28th April

Breakfast; banana and custard mullerlight, grapes, strawberries
Lunch; Pasta, Turkey, Salad (tomatoes, gherkins, pickled onions) Crisps (3)
Tea; Mushrooms, Beans, Egg, 2x wholemeal bread, cooked in oil (6)
Snacks; plum, apple, banana, clementine, pear

Syns; oil (6), crisp (3), butter on toast (2)

Weekly Syns Total; 35/105

I think i've had a pretty good day today. I was out light a light at half 8 last night until half 5 this morning, i was shattered lol. Only downside to food today was my Mum, bless her, decided to make my tea for me for when i got home, and made it fried in oil. But i don't mind too much, it was a one off and i had the syns to spare. I'm not sure how you're supposed to syn oil, i read 6 syns per tablespoon, so i just opted for that as i'm not sure how much she used, although i don't think it would've been more than that.

Just deciding what to have for tea tomorrow night now, not sure what i fancy. Any suggestions?

In the book it says fried eggs are only 1 syn each, so you're probably under the syns that you counted. Did you decide on something for tea tonight?

In the book it says fried eggs are only 1 syn each, so you're probably under the syns that you counted. Did you decide on something for tea tonight?
Thanks for the info.. and yeah it was a bit of a lame, easy tea to be honest, i just had an Asda BBQ Chicken breast fillet with a plate of veg, nothing adventurous lol.

Diary #14 Friday 29th April

Breakfast; 2 weetabix, milk, apple
Dinner; Pasta, Chicken, Salad (tomatoes, gherkins, pickled onions) Crisps (3), Mullerlight
Tea; Asda BBQ chicken breast fillet, broccoli, green beans, mixed cabbage
Snacks; pear, 2 clementines, banana,

Syns; Thursday night after tea; crisps (3), galaxy golden eggs (10)

Weekly Syns Total; 51/105.

Am i right in thinking the Galaxy Golden Eggs are 1 syn each, thats the info i found when searching? Please feel free to correct me if i have it wrong.

Also i'm thinking of making a chicken lasagne to eat a hopefully freeze some portions. Does anybody know a good recipe they would recommend that isn't going to have me standing in the kitchen for hours?

Weigh day tomorrow morning, i'm feeling positive, will be happy with a 2lb loss, well that's if i can keep my hands of the golden eggs again tonight.

Weigh-in this morning, 12st 11.75lbs. I'm rounding it up and calling it 12st 12lbs so another 2.5lbs loss for me :D. So happy.

I'm getting forgetful...

Diary#15 Saturday 30th April

Breakfast: didn't have any :( Went out food shopping early and totally forgot.
Dinner: Speedy Tomato Soup, 2 x wholemeal bread
Tea: King Prawns, Green Beans, Carrots, Peas, Homemade leek and potato bake.

Snacks: grapes, strawberries, mullerlight
Syns: sausage rolls (18) golden eggs (12)
Total Weekly Syns: 30 /105

Well that'll definately teach me for picking when i'm in the kitchen cooking. Oh well todays another day, wipe the slate, start again, positive head on. No golden eggs or sausage rolls in sight (or in the house lol).

In other news, i made a leek and potato bake yesterday, finally, it tasted ok but i think i left it in the oven too long and the potato slices started to curl at the edges and got a little tough. I also didn't put cheese on, i'm not a big cheese fan to be honest. Never mind though, i froze 3 portions of it for future use.

I bought mince yesterday from Lidl, i'm not sure whether i want to make a bolognese or cottage pie with it yet. I also bought some lasagne sheets and chicken breast to make a lasagne. I might try and crack that one tomorrow. Trouble is, i'm running out of fridge and freezer room, does anybody else have this problem?

Oh well.:D

My Mum also bought me a treat last weekend, a higates chocolate flapjack from home bargains, it's been sat on my bedside table all week, i know how much trouble it's going to cause me. I might give it away to my Sister. Living with other people who eat crap all the time takes willpower, it's hard sometimes.

Last edited:
Weigh-in this morning, 12st 11.75lbs. I'm rounding it up and calling it 12st 12lbs so another 2.5lbs loss for me :D. So happy.
Well done Stacey:0clapper:

Willpower is like a muscle the more you use it the stronger it gets:)

Well done Stacey:0clapper:

Willpower is like a muscle the more you use it the stronger it gets:)
Thanks Mini for the support, and yeah i know it will get stronger, i think it's when i'm bored and start looking around thinking what can i do/ have.

Diary #16 Sunday 1st May

Breakfast: 2x weetabix, milk, apple
Dinner: Tuna pasta bake (homemade) , salad (tomatoes, cucumber, celery sticks)
Tea: Homemade Chicken Lasagne, Vegetables (broccoli, green beans, mixed cabbage)

Snacks:
Syns: 30% less fat Salad Cream (1.5) cheese sauce (1.5)
Total Weekly Syns; 33/105

So tonight i had a bash at making chicken lasagne from scratch. I have to say, it was easy to follow, didn't take long and was yummy. I made 4 portions from it so i am having one tomorrow and freezing 2. I am enjoying spending an hour trying to make something from scratch rather than how i used to be with pulling something out of the freezer for quickness.

Diary #17 Monday 2nd May

Breakfast: Mullerlight, strawberries, grapes
Dinner: Speedy Tomato Soup, 2x wholemeal bread,
Tea: Chicken Lasagne (1.5), Broccoli, Green Beans, Mixed Cabbage

Snacks: Banana, Plum, Crisps (3), Pear
Syns: Crisps (3) Cheese Sauce (1.5)
Total Weekly Syns: 37.5/105

Diary #18 Tuesday 3rd May

Breakfast: 2x weetabix, pear,
Dinner: Batchelors Pesto Pasta, Broccoli, Cabbage, Green Beans
Tea: Jacket Potato, Mushy Peas, Tomato Sauce
Snacks: banana, 2x clementines, strawberries, mullerlight

Syns: Monday Night Ripple (8.5), tomato sauce (2)
Total Weekly Syns: 48/105

Back