Extra Easy Days Journey to mini- target #3 // 1lb lost - 5.5lbs to go

Diary #19 Wednesday 4th May

Breakfast: 2x weetabix, milk, strawberries, pear
Dinner: Jacket Potato, Mushy Peas, Tomato Sauce, Mullerlight
Tea: Pork Steak, Boiled Potatoes, Broccoli, Mixed Cabbage
Snacks: apple, 2x plums, banana,

Syns: tomato sauce (1), ripple (8.5)
Total Weekly Syns: 57.5/105

Hi Stacey. This is my first day on mini mins.com I like this site. And I like reading your Diary. Thanks for sharing. I think you will be a good inspiration and motivator for me. Maybe I can be a good motivator for you too. Today, is actually the first day I have given so much thought to beginning this new way of eating consciously and I have been reading different threads on this site this afternoon. I have decided to watch your threads. I like all the comments. It seems there is a lot of support here. I have not officially signed up with SW, but I think I'd like to just to understand the syns better. Tonite I went grocery shopping and bought non-fat yogurt, 1% cottage cheese and Bite size shredded wheat. I haven't eaten these food in years. I also haven't eaten fruit in a while. I'll be glad to be eating a wider range of foods and listening to my body tell me when I'm full or at least content. I like that SW encourages that. Well, thanks for listening, so to speak.

The food you ate today includes some good fruits and veggies and meat. It all sounds good. Good for you Stacy. Thumbs up. :)

Hi Stacey. This is my first day on mini mins.com I like this site. And I like reading your Diary. Thanks for sharing. I think you will be a good inspiration and motivator for me. Maybe I can be a good motivator for you too. Today, is actually the first day I have given so much thought to beginning this new way of eating consciously and I have been reading different threads on this site this afternoon. I have decided to watch your threads. I like all the comments. It seems there is a lot of support here. I have not officially signed up with SW, but I think I'd like to just to understand the syns better. Tonite I went grocery shopping and bought non-fat yogurt, 1% cottage cheese and Bite size shredded wheat. I haven't eaten these food in years. I also haven't eaten fruit in a while. I'll be glad to be eating a wider range of foods and listening to my body tell me when I'm full or at least content. I like that SW encourages that. Well, thanks for listening, so to speak.

The food you ate today includes some good fruits and veggies and meat. It all sounds good. Good for you Stacy. Thumbs up. :)

Hi, welcome to the site, i love this site too for all the support and information shared between everybody, i get a real sense of community from here. I am not an 'official' SW member either and i am doing it from home myself, it does take some time to get used to it but to be honest i have found you can pretty much enjoy all the same meals as before but with slight adjustments, such as the oil.

Personally i find planning ahead is one of the best things that helps motivate me. I try to plan my meals on a Friday night or Saturday day and do a shop the same day so i know i have everything in. I find it harder to stick to if i have no idea whatsoever what i could have. Also another tip which helps me is to batch cook meals. I have made a lasagne which took 30-40 mins to make and split it into 4 portions which makes 4 separate meals. I kept 2 out and froze 2. I also batch cooked tuna pasta bake and soup.

As with the fruit and veggies; i try to eat a lot whilst at work as i aren't as great on a weekend, but one thing i don't do is force myself to eat fruit and veggies i don't like, just because they're 'speed' fruit/ veg. I wouldn't enjoy my meals as much if i was forcing myself, so i tend to stick to the same fruits and veggies but i know i like them.

I'm happy you think i could motivate and inspire you and i'm sure you can me too, if you want to buddy up i would be happy to :) just let me know. As for the syns in foods, there's some great threads on here you could search and if not there's always someone willing to help/ answer.

Good luck with your journey, :D

I haven't been as chatty this week, i've just been feeling a bit pants to be honest. All the kids at work have this cough/ cold thing going on and were such darlings and shared it with staff too :( so that hasn't been fun. But anyways i'll stop whinging now;

Diary #20 Thursday 5th May

Breakfast: 2x weetabix, milk, pear, 2x clementines
Dinner: pork steak, new potatoes, veg mix, mullerlight
Tea: Fish, potatoes, mushy peas, veg mix
Snacks: apple, strawberries, 2xplums, banana

Syns: Tomato Sauce (1.5) Ripple (8.5)
Total Weekly Syns: 67.5/105

Diary #21 Friday 6th May

Breakfast: Mullerlight, strawberries, pear
Dinner: Beans on toast, apple
Tea: BBQ mini chicken griddlers (2) New potatoes, Green Beans
Snacks: banana

Syns: Ripple (8.5) I need to buy freddo's or curly wurly's this week,
Total Weekly Syns: 76/105

Not feeling as positive this week for some reason, even though i stuck to plan i don't feel i ate as much fruit or veggies towards the end of the week. Oh well, we'll see tomorrow, weigh day!!!

Weighed in today and i stayed the same. I feel a bit down about it but i'm just going to keep going and plan for this week and fingers crossed for a loss next week. I think towards the end of the week i didn't eat as much fruit or veg as i have been doing in the last two weeks so that might have contributed, i'm not sure.

Hi Stacey. I could not find this thread. I've been looking and looking and I finally found you. Tuna pasta bake sounds good. How do you make it?

I did finally join SW for 3 months. This will give me a good start to figure out what's going on and give me ideas for meals and basically, get me going.

You sound like to have a good grip on what you are doing. How did you do that?

I have really been enjoying fat free yogurt. We don't have Mullerlite or bread that says 'wholemeal', so I am trying to make do. I would like very much to be a buddy with you. My biggest goal is to not yo-yo eat but make this a real lifestyle-eating change. And of course, secondly, lose this weight I gained back in the last year.
Take care and happy eating, xx

Btw Stacey, what is a 'ripple' and a 'weetabix'? Also, thanks for the heads up about planning ahead and batch cooking. I know I should do that but I get lazy. I say that I am lazy, but I do try to walk everyday and get 10,000 steps or more if possible. Have a good day :)

Hey Hun,

Your food all sounds yummy :)

Hope you have had a good day sweetie

xxxx

Hi Stacey. I could not find this thread. I've been looking and looking and I finally found you. Tuna pasta bake sounds good. How do you make it?
Hi,

For the tuna pasta bake i used the recipe from this site here; http://slimmingworlddelights.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/tuna-pasta-bake.html

I've never been an 'official' Slimming World member, so all of my information is either from my Sister In Law or friends on SW or this and other sites. To be honest there is a lot of information on this site which really helps me out and other sites have recipes of all sorts. Just find the meals you usually like and type it in and someone will have probably altered it to suit Slimming World. What meals do you really like?

It is hard in the beginning, well it was for me, just getting used to the knowledge of syns and how much to put on your plate, and sometimes i do have down days, everybody does. Like yesterday i was down all day because i got a maintain, but today i've woken up and have a totally different attitude and i'm ready to start the new week. I've made a really nice salad for dinner today and tomorrow and a batch of ham and egg mini quiches. I just keep thinking about how happy and confident i will hopefully be in the future if i stick to it. That's my only goal really, i have no holidays coming up or events to goal towards.

Please feel free to message me on here anytime if you want to chat or want some advice, i will gladly try and help, or on messenger if that would help you too.

As for the 'ripple' it is a Galaxy chocolate bar, and 'weetabix' are breakfast foods, like wheat biscuits, i don't really know how to describe them lol.

You're not lazy doing 10,000+ steps a day, i never used to cook for myself before, as there are 6 people in my house, my Mum always used to cook, but because i am the only one 'healthy eating' i cook for myself mostly now. I batch cook on a weekend, i make myself do it because i know i won't stick to plan otherwise. I have a notepad with the days of the week on it and on a Saturday morning after i weigh in, i sit and write what i am eating for breakfast, dinner and tea each day. If i didn't do this, then i don't think i would stay on track as i find it hard making the right choices when trying to think of something to eat last minute.

Stacey xx

Hey Hun,

Your food all sounds yummy :)

Hope you have had a good day sweetie

xxxx

Hi, thanks for the support, i have had a much more positive day thank you, i hope yours has been good too.

Stacey xx

Hi, So i'm back and feeling more positive for this week :). I've been shopping, managed to pick up some reduced plums, nectarines and onions, chicken and salmon too so some good meals to come hopefully. I've made sure i've plenty of different fruits to be snacking on.
I measured out oats to have over night oats several times this week instead of weetabix and bought raspberries and strawberries to alternate in them.
I've also written out my meal plan completely this week, i find it helps me sooo much more if i have it written out infornt of me.

Anways onto this weekends diaries;

Diary #22 Saturday 7th May

B: weetabix, milk,
D: Salad: celery, tomatoes, gherkins, cucumber, Chicken, Light Salad Cream
T: Breaded Chicken Bites (9), McCain Wedges (3), Broccoli

Snacks:
Syns: Breaded Chicken (9), Wedges (3), Salad Cream (1.5)
Total Weekly Syns: 13.5/105

Like i said before, i was feeling down yesterday and so ust kind of winged it with my meals, hence not much fruit snacked on either. Today was a much better day though.

Diary #23 Sunday 8th May

B: Over night oats with strawberries
D: Prawn and Egg Salad, cucumber, tomatoes, gherkins, pickled onion, carrot, celery, beetroot, salad cream (1.5)
T: Chicken Lasagne (1.5), Broccoli, Green Beans

Snacks: 2 ham and egg mini quiches, bowl of melon
Syns: Salad Cream (1.5) Cheese Sauce (1.5)
Total Weekly Syns: 16.5/105

One thing i'm still not doing is drinking enough, i realised at half 4 this afternoon, i hadn't had a drink at all today :oops: .

Last edited:
Glad you are feeling a bit better hun HUGS xxxx

With me planning is they key, if i plan i stick to it-mostly :)

I need to drink more too

xxxxx

Diary #24 Monday 9th May

B: overnight oats with raspberries
D: Chicken and Boiled Egg salad (gherkins, pickled onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes, cucumber)
T: Scrambled Eggs, Oxo roasties, onions, mushrooms, baked beans.
Snacks: pear, quavers (4.5), Apple, banana, strawberries+muller light,

Syns: quavers (4.5), starburst (7)
Total weekly Syns: 28/105

hope everyone's day is going good xx

Last edited:
I am having a nice day in the sunshine, You have reminded me I think I have some pickled onions in the cupboard to go with our salad for tea :) xxxx

I am having a nice day in the sunshine, You have reminded me I think I have some pickled onions in the cupboard to go with our salad for tea :) xxxx
Glad you're enjoying your day. For me the pickled onions have to be strong, eye wateringly lol, don't like the sweet ones xxxx

Diary #25 Tuesday 10th May

B: overnight oats with raspberries (i'm really enjoying these this week and it makes a nice change to weetabix)
D: Chicken and Mushroom Pasta n Sauce with carrots, peas and green beans
T: Salmon, New Potatoes, Boiled Egg, Salad (gherkins, pickled onions, carrot, beetroot, cucumber, tomatoes) Pickle topped pork pie (9)

Snacks: pear, apple,
Syns: pork pie (9), 4 picnic sausage rolls (12)
Total weekly syns: 49/105

So i had more syns than i had planned as the sausage rolls were sitting on a plate right next to me as i prepped tea and tomorrows dinner :(. I'm a little annoyed at myself but nevermind, and the pork pie was yummy, so it was worth the syns :p.

I've decided to try and boost my losses by attempting to eat 10 different speed fruits or vegetables per day for the rest of the week. I'm going to make a list after each days menu to keep track and see if there are any better results on Saturday.

S/SS: raspberries, carrots, peas, green beans, gherkins, pickled onions, beetroot, cucumber, tomatoes, pear, apple, 11/10
I've managed it without it actually being planned, i had an idea i would be having a snack of strawberries and melon to top it off later, i might still to get some more SS in.

Another question i wanted to ask is; how many mullerlights do you each on an average day? Just because i use one for my overnight oats but i also like to pour one on my strawberries later. I know they are free but within reason really, you can't exactly sit and eat several i wouldn't have thought.

Hi Stacey. I love reading what you eat. I could never have passed up sausage rolls either, lol, they are so good. Do muller lights have sugar in them? I'm thinking they do and since they probably do, you probably can't eat too many.

Tonite I had plain Greek yogurt and I know I ate way too much. Darn!! Yogurt is so good. I guess with or without sugar, eating too much at one sitting is probably not too good. :confused:

Sorry I didn't mean to go off about myself. Btw, thanks so much for the recipe tuna bake. I love tuna. I want to try it. And thank you so much for your encouragement and support. I appreciate it so much.

Keep up the good work.
:)

Hi Stacey. I love reading what you eat. I could never have passed up sausage rolls either, lol, they are so good. Do muller lights have sugar in them? I'm thinking they do and since they probably do, you probably can't eat too many.

Tonite I had plain Greek yogurt and I know I ate way too much. Darn!! Yogurt is so good. I guess with or without sugar, eating too much at one sitting is probably not too good. :confused:

Sorry I didn't mean to go off about myself. Btw, thanks so much for the recipe tuna bake. I love tuna. I want to try it. And thank you so much for your encouragement and support. I appreciate it so much.

Keep up the good work.
:)
Unfortunately the sausage rolls are still lurking tonight and i've had 2 already :oops: . As for the mullerlights i would only be having at the most 2 in a day, so i don't think it'll cause too much damage.

I love getting to know about other people so feel free to go off about yourself all you want, you're welcome to :D. Just let me know if you would like me to link you any more recipes, i would be very happy to, i really don't mind.

I hope you're doing well, do you have a food diary or weight loss diary on here, i would love to follow your journey :)

Diary #26 Wednesday 11th May

B: overnight oats, raspberries,
D: Chicken, Salad (gherkins, pickled onions, carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot, potatoes)
T: Chicken Stew (carrot, swede, mushrooms, onions, potatoes)

Snacks: melon, strawberries, pear,
Syns: Sausage Rolls (24):oops:,Curly Wurly (6) damn sausage rolls!!!!!
Total Weekly Syns: 79/105

S/SS: gherkins, pickled onions, carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot, swede, mushrooms, onion, melon, strawberries, pear, 12/10
The stew and salad really helped getting in those speed foods today, and i really enjoyed them which is also a plus :D.

Having an afternoon tea party tomorrow for the Queens birthday, there will be sandwiches and cakes galore, need to take that willpower with me :eek:.

Last edited:
Hi Realslimstacey, thanks for your support. I'd like to have a food diary but I can't do that until I have 50 posts. I guess they have changed things. I'm still getting used to this.

It looks like you are going to meet your weight goal, go girl!!

I do have a paper food diary next to me on my desk. I fill it out every time I have a meal. I need to eat more SS. I get in a rut. I also should try some pasta dishes. Coming from a Keto diet, it's hard to think in terms of carbs. It's going to take some time. Like the tuna bake for instance. I'll start there or somewhere with pasta.

Keep up the good work. Happy Birthday to your Queen! And have lots of fun. Xx

Back