JUDDD 2.0 The Return

I am not surprised am a bit stuck, I had a massive gain in 2 weeks and then lost the bulk of it in 3 weeks so really my body is probably just catching up and settling down, I know it will get moving again if I just stick with the programme, I will be quite happy with 1-1.5lbs a week until mid October so I can get back to Abu Dhabi for my break the same weight as I left it!

Yeah, sometimes your body takes a bit of time to catch up. That's one of the reasons why I like keeping a diary. When I did JUDD last year, I kept a daily written diary just of my weight each morn & everything I ate each day. I had a read through, & it's nice to see that the weeks I had sts or gains were always proceeded or followed by a higher than average loss (or were caused by me massively overeating on my UDs / slacking off on my DDs). At the time I found it so frustrating if I had 2 or 3 sts or gains in a row, but when I read back over several months it seems much morevreasonable.

Obviously that won't be the same with everyone. LB, you seem to be particuarly unlucky but I suspect it's more to do with your health issues (esp as water retention can have such a huge effect on weight).

Wow, a lizard in the bedroom! Don't get that every day. Did Mr L get rid, LW?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

X

Yeah, sometimes your body takes a bit of time to catch up. That's one of the reasons why I like keeping a diary. When I did JUDD last year, I kept a daily written diary just of my weight each morn & everything I ate each day. I had a read through, & it's nice to see that the weeks I had sts or gains were always proceeded or followed by a higher than average loss (or were caused by me massively overeating on my UDs / slacking off on my DDs). At the time I found it so frustrating if I had 2 or 3 sts or gains in a row, but when I read back over several months it seems much morevreasonable.

Obviously that won't be the same with everyone. LB, you seem to be particuarly unlucky but I suspect it's more to do with your health issues (esp as water retention can have such a huge effect on weight).

Wow, a lizard in the bedroom! Don't get that every day. Did Mr L get rid, LW?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

X

I wrote a database and track all 34 weeks worth in there! :D

It is interesting to see the stalls and more interesting that I normally switch to something else, usually something less suitable as well, to get things going again, I am staying with JUDDD until my mini break in October and then the push will be on for xmas a I am going home this year, finally, for the first time in 7 years I think it is, so lots of incentives.

I am not surprised I am stalling this week, I was kinda expecting it, but I know JUDDD works for me and to be honest I just don't have the stamina for SW or the time with all the cooking, nor the syns to cover my weekends LOL!

Mr lizard was gone my the time hubster got home, gone where I don;t know and thats the worrying part!

I have stayed the same after 1 UD and 1 DD, I don't mind I thnk it was just the weekend excesses settling down, so I expect good things after todays DD and my packs have arrived so I have 4 S/S packs for today which is great, I can get through a day on that no probs and my packs today come in at 520 cals.

Very nice surprise that the supermarket had quite a number of GF things in yesterday, plenty of crispbreads, toasts and pastas, so I stocked up and my GF bread I made was just fine for sandwiches for Mr's lunch, he won't go on a diet, but I am only giving him carbs with dinner every second day, so my DD means steak and salad with cauli rice for him LOL, he's having porridge at breakfast instead of his massive breakfast casserole and yoghurt instead of tuck shop snacks, before bed he always liked a snack so I am giving him a couple of GF crispbreads and tuna or chicken instead of 4 sandwiches, all in all I think he's cutting out a good 700 cals per day and doesn't even know it. I am going to make some low carb ( also GF) cookies today as well and put them in the freezer in case he fancies a sweet treat at the weekend, I don;t want him falling off the wagon.

I bought myself some full fat boursin cheese last night, I haven't had full fat soft cheese in years and I had forgotten just how amazingly good it was, that will be going on dinner tomorrow night I can tell you.

Enjoyed my UD yesterday, prob over ate a bit as I wasn't very organised and was having a eat what falls in my mouth day with no planning whatsoever, tomorrow I will be better and not eat several double chocolate digestives!

We had a pet Fire Skink and he was lovely so I don't mind lizards. Glad your packs have arrived. I'm thinking I should start eating breakfast again cos by lunch I'm past it then tea arrives with 8 people arguing in our tiny kitchen so I leave and before I know it I had hardly anything. The GF stuff sounds good. I love Boursin cheese. :)

Scales moved a bit for me this morning but not as much as I would have hoped, still I have Wednesday DD to get through and see if we get anything for the week, my average is only about 6lbs per month on JUDDD anyway so I will have to learn not to expect massive losses and having just done up my average calories per week thats about what to expect so I'll just have to take it on the chin and fingers crossed I have 6lbs gone by the end of the month.

Mr Lanark is down 2 lbs, I could have smacked him this morning :mad:

Scales moved a bit for me this morning but not as much as I would have hoped, still I have Wednesday DD to get through and see if we get anything for the week, my average is only about 6lbs per month on JUDDD anyway so I will have to learn not to expect massive losses and having just done up my average calories per week thats about what to expect so I'll just have to take it on the chin and fingers crossed I have 6lbs gone by the end of the month.

Mr Lanark is down 2 lbs, I could have smacked him this morning :mad:

LOL @ Mr Lanark. Blokes always have it easier in the weight loss game. I do think JUDDD is slow. I WI tomorrow and I'm expecting a gain if it is my metabolism but we'll see.

It's so infuriating seeing my OH either maintain or lose weight after a week of takeaways and night time snacking, especially when I've had a 'good' diet week and lost 0.1 lbs!

Juddd doesn't have the most amazing results on the scales, but when I'm consistent with it I get decent results without experiencing diet fatigue. I'm looking forward to seeing your results, there doesn't seem to be many people here compared to last year x

Brain wave or brain fart, you can decide, I love to track my stats, mainly because I've been on a diet of some sort for the last 8 months and am basically short of 8lbs lighter, I am drained to say the least and although I have all sorts of ways of looking at the numbers this puts it really quite simply:

dietdays.png
60 days of JUDDD and I've removed any days where I just went off plan for whatever reason, so as not to skew the numbers and 60 days thats 2 months of JUDDD, I lost 7.73lbs, no wonder I am feeling hacked off. I have also taken into account the UD's, so previously it looked like full UD/DD had better results, as DD losses are more than a 24hr fast usually, but when I look at overall "diet plans" you can clearly see that 24 hour fasting and the associated 24 hours of eating yielded far better results.

I won't say anything about SW or healthy eating as they are plans they require 100% dieting, so I am just comparing the methods that require you to diet 50% of the time, quite startling really, not as startling as the OFF number, it's not entirely accurate in the number of days to be honest as I wasn't tracking everyday when I was on holidays or in the hotel, but the actual gain number is right, and this also tells me a lot, with IF my weight number is not stable, as soon as I stop it, I gain back my losses very quickly and hence my 7.11lbs since 10/01/2013, despite being on a diet plan of some sort for the vast majority of the last 244 days.

Yep and that would bear out what has happened to me cos I've only lost 19 lb since Christmas and although I've not gained any back I'm not losing anymore either. If I'd gained I'd be about where you are now.This is with consistently doing either Fast 5 or alternates. I *think* I've gained being off alternates just the 4 days this week.... I'm hoping it's not a lot but I have no answers now. Very fed up of it. :(

Meant to say I lost on the 24 hour fasts better then doing full.

Last edited:
Yes it does so taking that into account I lost 8 since then. That's fairly appalling. Oh... do I see a pattern emerging here - same losses as you more or less if you disregard my epic loss at the beginning? I wonder if everyone has this and that why this part of the forum is so quiet.

I think a back to the drawing board moment maybe required. :( I didn't realise how slow it is until you pointed out your stats. If I go by the time it's taken me to lose 8lb ( basically 8 months ) I'll take another year and bit to lose the last stone. That's insane.

I think a back to the drawing board moment maybe required. :( I didn't realise how slow it is until you pointed out your stats. If I go by the time it's taken me to lose 8lb ( basically 8 months ) I'll take another year and bit to lose the last stone. That's insane.

I wonder too about does this plan really work, or does it only work because people start restricting on UD's as well? This was a busy board back in January and now everyone from that time more or less is gone :confused:

I have been a bit down today about it all, when I think about it a DD is still a lot of effort for me and even though I've chopped and changed plan a bit I am now glad I did or I might not have lost anything at all. When I came back from my holidays I just did MD's for most of the week and one DD, it was most likely water anyways and might just have come off itself as thats me going to have a sts more or less again this week.

Options are for me either do 2 shakes plus a meal ( so 24 hour fast style) or just count bloody calories end of story, I've been against that from the start but I can see now I felt IF was just the path of least resistance but clearly it isn't working at the moment, I can't not eat for 3 days a week and see a sts, slow and steady is fine but sts is far from fine.

I didn't mind the 24 hour fasts though it was easier knowing I could eat each day as long as I was sensible before the cut off point, as you can see from my stats I did 24 hrs pretty much half the time of JUDDD and lost x2 weight, I reckon thats something to do with how I use to handle my weekends as I was up after 5pm on a Thursday and down after 5pm on a Saturday so only had 1 full UD which was Friday where as now I have 2 full UD's Thu/Fri, but really those stats speak for themselves, I think 60 days at anything should be enough to see whether its a good plan or not? :sigh:

I wonder too about does this plan really work, or does it only work because people start restricting on UD's as well? This was a busy board back in January and now everyone from that time more or less is gone :confused:

I have been a bit down today about it all, when I think about it a DD is still a lot of effort for me and even though I've chopped and changed plan a bit I am now glad I did or I might not have lost anything at all. When I came back from my holidays I just did MD's for most of the week and one DD, it was most likely water anyways and might just have come off itself as thats me going to have a sts more or less again this week.

Options are for me either do 2 shakes plus a meal ( so 24 hour fast style) or just count bloody calories end of story, I've been against that from the start but I can see now I felt IF was just the path of least resistance but clearly it isn't working at the moment, I can't not eat for 3 days a week and see a sts, slow and steady is fine but sts is far from fine.

I didn't mind the 24 hour fasts though it was easier knowing I could eat each day as long as I was sensible before the cut off point, as you can see from my stats I did 24 hrs pretty much half the time of JUDDD and lost x2 weight, I reckon thats something to do with how I use to handle my weekends as I was up after 5pm on a Thursday and down after 5pm on a Saturday so only had 1 full UD which was Friday where as now I have 2 full UD's Thu/Fri, but really those stats speak for themselves, I think 60 days at anything should be enough to see whether its a good plan or not? :sigh:

It's really disheartening and I think the whole IF idea comes down to calorie restriction everyday. Plain and simple. I've been reading the other forum and the ones who seem to be losing are the ones who count UD's and do low carb or something like it alongside. Even then its painfully slow going. I feel down about it too. I've been off plan this week but that can't continue and I wish I could do something that works. I've starved to sts for weeks. So have you. Just 3 DD's a week is nearly half the month with no food at all. I'm finding it hard to find my off switch now I've started eating again. I wonder if it screws some people's metabolism. I'm debating going back to SW. At least I could eat and I lost a 1lb a week until the last couple of weeks but, to be fair it was the run up to Christmas and I was out a lot!. Then do JUDDD to maintain if I ever get there lol. Its crap.

I know it feels horrible to put your all in and not get results. Hope you both figure out a suitable plan x

Thanks pencils, it's just been one of those weeks I suppose, I have been tracking my UD's and I just don't understand it, I bet it goes down tomorrow just to totally flummox me LOL

Back