JUDDD 2.0 The Return

Applies boot .... and retires, happy with a job well done!

Good luck LW :)xx

I will bloomin need it, was 100% yesterday, call it a DD if you will and stepped on the scales this morning to find..............I was the same as yesterday, which is about 3lbs higher than I was on Thursday, I am baffled but will stick at it, I have never ever not lost after a DD or a shake day or whatever you want to call it, still this is very much in keeping with how things have been the last 3-4 weeks for me, must be the planets at it again I say!

So I'm not the only one who has that happen! Strange, isn't it? And discouraging... but just look at the stats on your profile and how far you've already come! (I love that they're listed right there so a person is reminded of them with every post!) I can only hope I'll be as successful at the weight loss thing as you've been and continue to be. :) I'm sure you'll see a loss soon.

I will bloomin need it, was 100% yesterday, call it a DD if you will and stepped on the scales this morning to find..............I was the same as yesterday, which is about 3lbs higher than I was on Thursday, I am baffled but will stick at it, I have never ever not lost after a DD or a shake day or whatever you want to call it, still this is very much in keeping with how things have been the last 3-4 weeks for me, must be the planets at it again I say!

I am the same but cos I've lost so much I'm getting flabbier as I lose so I feel fatter. I didn't lose anything doing Fast 5 but can't seem to force myself to do IF again either. I'm on a DD now until 5 tomorrow but it's the first for a fortnight. I hope you get a whoosh. xx

We awoke last night to the sound of heavy gunfire all around us, at first I thought it was fireworks as yesterday was a holiday here but I quickly realised it wasn't,lots of trouble here again yesterday 100's dead again and they even tried to blow up a satellite dish downtown.

I have never been so scared in my life, we didn't know what direction it was coming from and the shots were cracking to I guess very close.

What a night!

It seems very quiet today, Mr says it actually started out in Rameya Square which is where his job is and then travelled up the main road to our area, about 10km away, in other news he got a lead on a possible job last night, it's probably not his cup of tea but great to know our old friends back in UAE are thinking of us when jobs come up, this part of the world is all about who you know and not what you know unfortunately, but it made me feel better if that makes sense.

DD/Shake day today, I am doing a shake day and then 2 shakes plus a meal in the evening on alternate days, actively trying to avoid ketosis as I forgot how utterly horrible it makes me feel and I don't wanna feel crap for my holidays, 3lbs down this week so far my target is 11 (for weigh in next Wednesday) might be just about doable if my bloody water weight would shift, I am like Mrs staypuff again, might have to throw in a potato day or 2 if the water doesn't move, I am off the booze until the holiday as well so fingers crossed I get back to my JUDDD low!

This is me today:

images

Oh I hope another job come off. That would be brilliant. Even f Mr L doesn't like it he can still look for something else once you are out of the war zone. Fingers crossed your water weight goes - do the shakes have a lot of salt in them? That could be keeping it on board.

Last edited:
I don't think the shakes are high in sodium, I'm prob just not drinking enough water, although I chug endless cups of tea and coffee all day I'm never exactly running to the bathroom. This all started a week past of Saturday, I actually physically inflated before Mr L's eyes and my ankles were swollen up like my granny's used to, I was having a few drinks at the time mind, but it was very odd, since then it's not shifted, my feet and ankles are still a bit swelled and I gained about 7-8lbs overnight. The last couple of days I've had at least 1.5l of plain water and a load of green tea, but so far I've not had any whoosh effect, weird innit.

No but it does have sodium bicarb in it which could be the cause of the foot swelling, bugger and there was me trying to stay off the coke zero!

Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking sodium bicarbonate:

• swelling of feet or lower legs

Pure carbonated water has few health risks, but most commercial soda water contains some salt and acid derived from sodium, potassium and phosphorus,

Pure carbonated water has few health risks, but most commercial soda water contains some salt and acid derived from sodium, potassium and phosphorus,

I normally just use Pellegrino, but the shops don't often stock it, I remember now once the soda was finished I went onto sprite zero as I was having the blueberry and pomegranate absolute at the time and coke wouldn't work in it, as I have now been reminded by LB, I had mad issues with citric acid in my drinks before, totally forgot about that and why I don;t drink sprite zero anymore paaaaahhhh!

Wow, sounds as if things have been pretty scary lately! Really hope Mr L gets another job so you can escape soon, doesn't sound pleasent or safe in Egypt!

Good luck with the s&s - you have bucketloads more willpower than i do to attempt that! Oh & hope the swellinv subsides soon.

X

Not a bad weight in, I am at the half way stage currently 5.5/11 lost so far, not exactly whooshing off but actually oddly enough I have found this to be much easier than I had thought, not sure if it's do able to lose another 5.5lbs in the next 8 days but we can but try.

I made 2 cookies with an oatmeal S & S for bedtime last night, it felt like a big treat and I had to keep reminding myself I hadn't actually cheated!

All quiet on the western front, but it took some persuading to actually go to sleep last night, I am very glad we are getting out of here next week, Mr suggested we go a bit earlier and hang the cost of changing the flights, but he has uni work to do as well so we decided to go next Wednesday as planned.

Back