JUDDD 2.0 The Return

How scary it must be to be in Cairo at the moment. Hope your OH finds a new job soon.

Also good luck with the s and s I could never do that just the thought would have me in the sweet tin :)

I have never been so scared in my life, somehow slim and save doesn't seem half as scary as being shot at LOL! Although in the past I would have certainly felt it was a toss up!

Another bit off this morning so I am now 6.5/11, this is going well, Mr however is off from Friday at 12 so this is going to be a challenge as no doubt there will now be alcohol.

He got his results for his MRI and xray yesterday, turns out he has stress fracture in one of his lumber region vertebrae, it could be an old injury as he's had problems off and on but not as bad as the recent crisis. Not much they can do at the moment except physio and if the pain gets too bad they can fuse the things but he's not keen on that idea. Looks like his ballet dancing days are over :D

Liking the weight off not Mr L stress fracture. I fractured my spine in a rta ( same one that destroyed my left kidney and it was 5 years before they realised. I ended up on traction for 8 weeks over Christmas and New Year. On Christmas Day I had 97 visitors. :eek: I hope they can sort it out. xx

Liking the weight off not Mr L stress fracture. I fractured my spine in a rta ( same one that destroyed my left kidney and it was 5 years before they realised. I ended up on traction for 8 weeks over Christmas and New Year. On Christmas Day I had 97 visitors. :eek: I hope they can sort it out. xx

Bloody hell how could they not notice? They've said these types of fractures don't heal and the extra space is whats causing the disc to squeeze out, he has to be really careful now about what he lifts and how he bends, is yours better now?

Well update day and time to do the math, from last weight in ( my 3.2 gain) I gained a further 2.6 at the weekend, how I don't know but I did, so my loss this week for my stats is 7.2lbs less the 2.6 I put on, so net loss is 4.6lbs, I am quite happy with that as I have under 4lbs to lose until I get to my target, I had taken the 11 to lose to include the 2.6 I had put on rather than from last Thursdays weigh in so I am 7.2/11

Its actually been a good week, perhaps because its such a short time scale I haven't really been bothered about DD's or my 2 shakes and a meal UD's. I am also glad I did it this way as if I had gone all shakes it would surely just have ploughed back on the minute I ate anything, so plan to do a DD today as there is no drinks tonight and then 2 shakes and a meal then full shakes again Sunday until I go away Wednesday morning, it means my final weigh in will be one day earlier this week, but if I get back on the shakes when we return next Sunday I have a chance of pulling a sts for the next week which is very exciting, feeling quite motivated now for the first time in ages.

Totally noting that due to massively decreased carbs this week I have not really been hungry. I am in a ketosis as even though I've been having the odd thing here and there to prevent it my carb tolerance might be higher than I initially thought as I have the horrible taste in my mouth, can't sleep at night and a mild headache, Mr Lanark having now gained almost 14 lbs since coming to Egypt wants to get back to moderate carb after out holidays, I have told him all he has to do is switch from beer to vodka again and that will do the trick, the calories in beer are frightening, so really I've been wasting my time with his diet if he drinks any amount of beer at the weekend it just wipes it out.

I am excited about my trip I've been in touch with friends and brunch is booked for next Friday, I am also excited about being able to bring back 46kg's of shopping back each!! I do love Egypt air!

Long list of things to bring back, including low carb pasta and other bits, mainly other Estee Lauder bits right enough :D

Hair, my hair has been an ongoing saga for the last 7 months since my mum told me it was too dark, we then had the total disaster at the Dubai hairdresser which cost me a fortune and left me like a rainbow troll, many many box dyes to fix it and finally a visit to the Scottish hairdresser at home who gave me nice highlights like what I wanted, but they had gone very very brassy since I got them done and I wasn't loving the ginger look, it just doesn't work for me and my skin tone, I am now a hair dye expert and am fully conversant with the numbering system on the boxes and after much research I decided to dye it back to brown, it's now dark again with a mahogany sort of sheen, still red but my own hair is very like that anyway, ash tones just won't take to my hair at all unless I bleach the beejeezuz out of it and I am not up for that, so dark brown with a reddish sheen it is, when I am in AD I intend to spend some time in the hair dye aisle and bring back a few as there isn't much colour range here in Egypt, what a saga.

Off to study, less than 6 weeks until the exams and as usual I am behind aaaargh.

Bloody hell how could they not notice? They've said these types of fractures don't heal and the extra space is whats causing the disc to squeeze out, he has to be really careful now about what he lifts and how he bends, is yours better now?

Blame North Tees General for that. :) Not only did they not notice the fracture alongside my kidney they didn't notice 2 in my neck either. I should be in a wheelchair as they were both very unstable. I used to get paralysed legs where I'd lose all feeling in them and fall over but not for a long time now. xx

Blame North Tees General for that. :) Not only did they not notice the fracture alongside my kidney they didn't notice 2 in my neck either. I should be in a wheelchair as they were both very unstable. I used to get paralysed legs where I'd lose all feeling in them and fall over but not for a long time now. xx

Thats outrageous I hope you sued them! That must have been some car wreck?

No. I didn't actually. I should have tho. It was a bike accident. I was in ICU for 4 days, off work 6 months then had to leave my job as a nurse cos I couldn't lift anymore. 5 year later it was picked up on x rays I had on an unrelated matter.

No. I didn't actually. I should have tho. It was a bike accident. I was in ICU for 4 days, off work 6 months then had to leave my job as a nurse cos I couldn't lift anymore. 5 year later it was picked up on x rays I had on an unrelated matter.

That sounds really scary, god you have lived one hell of a life mrs!

Back from my hols and only put on 4.8bs absolutely delighted with that, so shakes until Thursday and hoping for a sts for my pre holiday weigh in which left me at 8/11 I wanted to lose due to Mr's drinking shenanigans before we left, had to join him didn't I!!

Been a lot going on since I last posted, Mr has developed a severe dislike for this place so he's upped his job hunting game, he said he had a horrible feeling in his stomach when we landed back at the airport, I did think he was quiet right enough.

I don't want to say to much but when we were away it wasn't just a holiday, saying no more, watch this space, cross fingers and think positive for me! I pray for the day when we leave that airport for the last time, I certainly won't be looking back!

Off to do my post holiday ironing, lucky me eh?

Last edited:
Sorry I'm not keeping up. I hope you can get outta there asap. It sounds like being elsewhere has brought it home to you how awful it really is. Everything crossed that you get the outcome you want and you can be sticking two fingers up to Cairo out of the plane window very soon :) xx Well done on keeping the weight gain in check too. That's great straight after coming off shakes for a few days :)

2lbs to go until me pre holiday weight, very pleased it seems to be coming off no trouble so hoping to get a sts on the scales on Thursday morning.

Loving the idea of 2 fingers to Cairo, I can't wait!

Back