JUDDD 2.0 The Return

Well done , how long are you doing vlcd for ?

Today is my last day, then UD tomorrow after weigh in and back to DD on Saturday, just wanted to see off the holiday gain before getting back to JUDDD properly, I've decided to try low carb for a while so DD's will be interesting

Well I lost all my holiday weight bar .6lbs LOL I am happy with that as I was only back on plan on Sunday. So my very first low carb UD today, I am quite looking forward to the structure of having a plan for UD's, that was always a kinda missing link for me on JUDDD and I tended towards crap eating, so now I will just make sure I have a low carb dessert or something on hand for the weekends, low carb bread made and chicken and breakfast bakes all getting made for the weekend as I don't want to be unprepared and hungover tomorrow. Mr is doing pretty well too he said he was significantly down this morning on the scales but won't reveal the number. Getting to this point really has been a process, from stuffing myself on UD's to trying to reign them in and now being a bit more focused on health and nutrition rather than just the scale weight, I guess it takes a while for things to really click into place and find some structure on this plan.

Very pleased that although I didn't hit my 11lb target, if this plan goes well I could be seeing some new lows on the scales soon, of course I know what will happen now, I bet I have to move country again and it will all go to hell :D.

This time last year I was in Abu Dhabi, moved to Dubai in December, then moved to Cairo in April and now it looks like the full circle might be on in December, I don't think I will bother unpacking, either that or I am going to try and lose my passport!

Good luck with your low carb judding. And well done on losing your holiday weight .

All the turmoil you have been under the last year and continue to be can't make it very easy, I don't do well with the unknown and change .

I don't do well either DN, I have been losing and gaining the same pounds with every move, but I'm feeling positive this time

L I am currently looking for a job and even that uncertainty is enough to make me want to stuff myself !

Did I get from your earlier post you may be back to Abu Dhabi ? You were really happy there weren't you so fingers crossed :)

Well I have gained about 1.4lbs over the weekend, I have stayed low carb the last few days, I don't really enjoy the food so much and the increased fat is giving me heart burn, DD today so sticking with my packs as I need a break from food I feel so my stomach can settle down, 1.4 gain is the lowest I've ever had after 2 UD's and I was on packs all week last week so i did think there might be some gain, it will be interesting to see how quickly I get back to Thursday weight and what I lose this week and if it's more than it would be on a JUDDD week without low carb

Interesting . What sort of things are you eating on low carb. I did harcombe earlier this year which is moderate carbs and while I could make meals I enjoyed I had to think so much more and relied on a few staples. While I eat meat I am not a huge lover of it so low carb never feels very sustainable to me. On the harcombe diet you can eat yoghurt natural but I sort of got addicted to full fat yoghurt lol . Give me any diet though and I will find a way to abuse it :)

Good luck with the upcoming week. I am having my second up day since I started daily weighing . Have to remind myself how big the swings can be and not to panic.

Yesterday's menu was an omelette with beef bacon cheese and mushroom, lunch 2 low carb rolls (my own recipe) 1 with cheese and the other with chicken Caesar, I couldn't finish the 2nd one so DH got an extra half, dinner was home made Mexican burgers with a green salad with jalapeños and guacamole and jalapeño cheddar, I made a dessert a low carb cheesecake using an orange SF jelly. On Thursday I made pizza chicken which went down a storm.

Although I am not counting I would think I am maxing 40gr carbs per day, but the cals must be off the scale, I feel queasy today, this is why I don't normally go for low carbing as I do fine on the low carb shakes but the high fat content of the food really makes me feel a bit off. It works so well for DH, but I think men normally find this, he was LC for about 7 years or so which means the meals are easy for me to cook now as I have a good recipe collection.

I will stick with it until Thursday and then we'll see how I feel, I'm not going to keep it up if I feel horrible on it though as a DD is punishment enough!

Have you thought of adding more veg ? It might make u feel a bit better :)

Yesterday's menu was an omelette with beef bacon cheese and mushroom, lunch 2 low carb rolls (my own recipe) 1 with cheese and the other with chicken Caesar, I couldn't finish the 2nd one so DH got an extra half, dinner was home made Mexican burgers with a green salad with jalapeños and guacamole and jalapeño cheddar, I made a dessert a low carb cheesecake using an orange SF jelly. On Thursday I made pizza chicken which went down a storm.

Although I am not counting I would think I am maxing 40gr carbs per day, but the cals must be off the scale, I feel queasy today, this is why I don't normally go for low carbing as I do fine on the low carb shakes but the high fat content of the food really makes me feel a bit off. It works so well for DH, but I think men normally find this, he was LC for about 7 years or so which means the meals are easy for me to cook now as I have a good recipe collection.

I will stick with it until Thursday and then we'll see how I feel, I'm not going to keep it up if I feel horrible on it though as a DD is punishment enough!

LC made me feel sick to. I think my body is not used to all the fat I was eating. I've changed my portion sizes to low protein, higher veg content, and lowish carb ( ie not a mountain of spud or pasta etc). If I eat pasta I lose loads of weight. No idea why.

LC made me feel sick to. I think my body is not used to all the fat I was eating. I've changed my portion sizes to low protein, higher veg content, and lowish carb ( ie not a mountain of spud or pasta etc). If I eat pasta I lose loads of weight. No idea why.

As you know I'm not really the biggest fan of LC as I do love my veggies, but basically all my carbs are coming from veggies as they should be so , I think I might cut the fat a little and see if I feel better.

I have to admit I know I'm not particularly sensitive to carbs or gluten and all that stuff, I know some people are and thats why LC suits them so well, but I've never really had any symptoms from eating them and the potato hack worked really well for me, I will press ahead for the week and see how I feel, my appetite is pretty much non existent today which is handy as it's a DD, I only have enough packs for one more DD this week, so not sure how to do a low carb DD on Wednesday??

As you know I'm not really the biggest fan of LC as I do love my veggies, but basically all my carbs are coming from veggies as they should be so , I think I might cut the fat a little and see if I feel better.

I have to admit I know I'm not particularly sensitive to carbs or gluten and all that stuff, I know some people are and thats why LC suits them so well, but I've never really had any symptoms from eating them and the potato hack worked really well for me, I will press ahead for the week and see how I feel, my appetite is pretty much non existent today which is handy as it's a DD, I only have enough packs for one more DD this week, so not sure how to do a low carb DD on Wednesday??

I'm mostly OK with carbs too. They definitely don't affect my blood sugar and my blood sugar is lower after a high carb meal then it is when I've been fasting. That surprised me. I suppose a low carb dd could be nothing at all or some chicken/fish with salad or veg. xx

Well the scales are down to what I was on Thursday pretty much, bar .2lbs we won't quibble, but I didn't drop any more than I would after a normal DD, which I expected, I think the weigh in after an UD will be more telling, because technically I am not expecting to up really I am fully in ketosis, my aim is to lose 2lbs this week, lets see what happens :confused:

Very curious to see the results of our experiment. I am the same with carbs they don't prevent me losing weight especially the whole grain ones.

Sugar does make me want more sugar but pasta potatoes etc I am fine with. I am at the meoment on the opposite track still eating whatever i want on non fasting days. I am not sure I could do ADF if i restricted myself more, but I am hoping once i know there is no restriction on non fast days I will eventually go towards more healthy choices (one can hope)

Very curious to see the results of our experiment. I am the same with carbs they don't prevent me losing weight especially the whole grain ones.

Sugar does make me want more sugar but pasta potatoes etc I am fine with. I am at the meoment on the opposite track still eating whatever i want on non fasting days. I am not sure I could do ADF if i restricted myself more, but I am hoping once i know there is no restriction on non fast days I will eventually go towards more healthy choices (one can hope)

Same as you, carbs really don't bother me, I lost 11.5 stone eating rice potatoes and pasta every day (not in the one bowl though LOL) At this point in time I am wondering why I am doing this, I am feeling better today though but very tired, sleeping badly and my hubs was astonished I was doing DD's as well, he thought it was just low carb and no fasting, he thinks I've gone nuts

Back