JUDDD Questions and Answers

Hello!

I've been reading into the Alternate-Day-Diet and I am a wee bit confused. I read you are supposed to eat 50% of your normal intake, other website say it's supposed to be 20%. So what is right?

Hi there. I would just try with around 500 calories on your down day to begin with. I think any less and you will struggle. I can just about manage on 500 cals on my down day, I definitley couldnt get away with any less as I would end up giving up and seeing it as an impossible task, but saying that, everyone is different. there is a way to work out how many calories to have on your down day dependant on how much you want to lose etc. it is on the official johnson website.

Thank you Karen, I have had a look on the website. They suggest from 20% Weight Loss mode to 35% Weight Loss Mode. I assume the higher the percentage the slower the progress. Calculating my 20% intake it'd be only 412 calories, which I consider far too little.

hey peachybabe are u still doing juddd?

This is such good info, just found the answer to a question I was gonna ask.

I am going to be giving JUDDD a go when i get back from my holidays but was wondering if anyone would be able to clarify something for me, I've just been looking at t the calorie calculator on the JUDDD website-what % do i put in to get my DD cals for down days during the induction fortnight. I am conufesd because the recommendation seems to be 500 cals but when i out 20 or 25% into the calculator it comes out as less than 500 so I'm just wonderign which I should go for, and then what % should I use for after the induction phase ?

Hi and welcome, 500 is absolutely fine , most round up to 500/2000 as thats about average its only a guide but you really should aim for 500 tops as for induction etc I am 11 weeks in and still keep to my DD induction limit, in fact I only drink tea and coffee so only have my milk allowance on a DD I don't know of anyone on this forum who has upped their DD allowance after 2 weeks, the DD s become easier the longer you do them , I don't know what else to say really as even when I get to goal I am going to keep my DD s as they are just decrease the amount of them. If you want to increase them then I would suggest slowly increasing them until you find the limit at which you still lose weight, does that make sense ?

Hey guys, have been looking at this diet for some time, it seems pretty promising. I've started that I want to give it a try after a few months of weightwatchers since I already pruchased 3 months of it. I just really would like to use it as a means of getting down to my last few pounds in order to reach my goals. One question I have in mind is what foods do you recommend eating on a DD?

Oooooh anything you like really, its all trial and error, some like diet shakes some eat lots of low cals foods, like veg, yogs, fruits etc, you may find eating more often easier or you may find waiting till later in the day helps. You really can have what you like as long as its within limits x

I usually find meal replacement shakes are good for me... When I start eating food I find the mental hunger triggers. But everyone's different.

Stuff like lowfat yoghurts, porridge, non sugar cereals (think plain bran, rice crispies, all bran), fully skimmed milk, ryvita, slim a soups, salad, veg, lean protein, sugar free jelly are good... Try to look out for anything that's below 100 calories when shopping, that kind of stuff is handy to have around for DD.

Oh and sugar free fizzy is a godsend when you're hungry.

Ooh thanks a lot guys! I had the impression that DDs restrict carbs as well as calories. I think I'll go for meal replacements, soups, fruits and jelly - sounds good. I've cancelled my WW subscription and I'm getting a refund - Still just gonna follow it through til my next WI (Wednesday) then Thursday I'll be on this :) You guys seem to have had great results from it!

You can have whatever you want on your UP days, you are not 'dieting' on your UP days just eating normally x

For those of you who exercise, do you change your actvity level on the calculator?

Hi, I've been lurking on here since watching that Horizon programme about fasting last week. Today is my second fast day (first was Wednesday), sticking to 500 cals, which I had in a single meal at lunchtime - not quite JUDDD, as I had two UD's together. Can I just ask:

1) do people following JUDDD literally do alternate UD/DD's? It would seem not, as I've seen people talking about doing DD's on Mon/Wed/Fri.

2) Those of you who are at the weight you want and maintaining - how many DD's do you do per week, and how many cals do you have?

I guess it's the kind if thing that you can take a break from (if you want to) when you go on holiday, and then come back to again...

Barbara

Hi, I've been lurking on here since watching that Horizon programme about fasting last week. Today is my second fast day (first was Wednesday), sticking to 500 cals, which I had in a single meal at lunchtime - not quite JUDDD, as I had two UD's together. Can I just ask:

1) do people following JUDDD literally do alternate UD/DD's? It would seem not, as I've seen people talking about doing DD's on Mon/Wed/Fri.

2) Those of you who are at the weight you want and maintaining - how many DD's do you do per week, and how many cals do you have?

I guess it's the kind if thing that you can take a break from (if you want to) when you go on holiday, and then come back to again...

Barbara
Hi Barbara and welcome, you can do UP/DD strictly alternate if you want to or you can have a break and do 2 UPs together, I personally do set MWF as DD and the ret UP which of course means Sat and Sun are UPs, 2 UPs together are perfectly acceptable 2 DD s on Juddd is not recommended as you are trying to train your body not to go into starvation mode.
As for maintenence I am not sure we have any maintainers here at present , sorry if I am wrong, my plan for maintenence would be to decrease to 2 DD 's a week and keep cals as they are, I do 500/2000 but do not count religiously on my weekday ups normally anyway and my weekend ups are totally unrestricted, I think the official plan is to increase your DD cals upwards until you reach a level as to where you don't gain and then your UP days would be normal non diet days, hope this helps a bit

Thank you, that's broadly what I thought but it's good to have it confirmed.

I set at out the start of this year to get control of my weight once and for all, because it was diminishing my quality of life so much it had become intolerable. But with a long history of yo-yo dieting followed by regain with a vengeance, I knew I needed a permanent lifestyle change, and that's really what I've been working on. Finding slimpods made it a lot easier as they have dealt with my cravings and pretty much stopped me binge eating. Weight loss has been steady, but of course not as quick now as at the start, so it's good to have another tool in the box. When I get to a comfortable weight I'm going to stay there for ever - and I daresay a fast day or two a week will help.

Barbara

Back