JUDDD Questions and Answers

Hey debs and welcome to JUDDD :D. Glad you're first down day has gone well. I started with a down day too, the first few ones I did feel quite hungry but they are definitely getting easier. 3 weeks in I find my tummy doesn't start feeling hungry until just before bed so then I can just sleep through it... when I first started it was within a couple of hours of waking up x

I am so hungry today ,really really hungry ,sick hungry :(does anyone find this after two up days

Hay i dont think theres a happy medium at the start of this healthy eating plan..on the DD's i feel realy hungry.and on the UD i feel sick and im to full lol Im on a DD tomose as im doing DD then a UD..good luck all xx

Cholesterol

Can anyone tell me how JUDDD has affected their cholesterol levels? I have been working hard to lower mine and had been really successful but after a week on JUDDD I have had a routine blood test which shows my levels are way up again. :( Probably more to do with what I was eating before but a bit worrying. I have 6 months to get it down (I don't want to take statins) and I intend to really tighten up on my saturated fat intake. I know the JUDDD way of eating is supposed to improve levels but I suppose there can always be exceptions :cry: Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I've only ever had my cholesterol tested once and it was quite high, I then spent a week drinking the yogurt drinks with plant sterols (sp?) in them and got retested and it had gone down, hope that helps at all x

Yes, I used those originally to help get it down but stopped as they were quite expensive. Perhaps I'll go back on them, thanks for the reminder. (Brilliant first week weight loss by the way!!)

Can anyone tell me how JUDDD has affected their cholesterol levels? I have been working hard to lower mine and had been really successful but after a week on JUDDD I have had a routine blood test which shows my levels are way up again. :( Probably more to do with what I was eating before but a bit worrying. I have 6 months to get it down (I don't want to take statins) and I intend to really tighten up on my saturated fat intake. I know the JUDDD way of eating is supposed to improve levels but I suppose there can always be exceptions :cry: Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Mine came down to normal after about 3 months of JUDDD. You could not tell what effect any diet was having on your i health in less than a few weeks and certainly not after a week! Eat healthily & it will come down!

:)Hey there!:wave_cry:
Just wanted bit of help and clarification!!:D
have tried MANY diets and my weight is the Bain of my life!
have been doing Primal blueprint last few months and enjoying it but do mentally struggle with the fat side of things especially when it's been drummed into you to eat low fat!! So have therefore done a bit of intermittent fasting,love the sound of JUDDD and want to give it a try!
Couple of questions,

do you think I would be best off buying the book,do I need to or is it more science?
is it best to do alternate days?especially within first two weeks? Would it limit my weight loss if I didn't?
the only day for me I definitely would want a UP day is a saturday(know will consume alcohol calories!!) just worried wil get confused changing week to week
really doesn't matter what your calories are made up of on UD?
I put in 20% weight loss and cals it gave were:DD 479 UP 2395, does it matter if u don't quite eat the up so long as you eat a substantial amount,don't want to over eat!!
And is it right to never do two DDtogether? Better off making it a ID?
how do people find maintenance?
thanks people know there are a lot just really like the sound of this and want it to work!

Thanks Jilly, that was what I was hoping. I know it takes a while for your body to show lowered cholesterol levels and I have 6 months before my next blood test. In the meantime I am trying to keep my saturated fats as low as possible and eating plenty of the foods that help.

Thanks I had wondered about this plan.

This may have been addressed already but can you eat at any time of the day on an ud and dd?

Back