JUDDD Questions and Answers

Ah, fabby! Thanks x

Amazon have started doing a kindle version- if you put in alternate day diet into the search engine and it will bring up Dr Johnsons book

9 lost : 58 to goal

Its a really simple diet and if you google Dr johnsons UP day Down day diet and go to his webpage it more or less tells you all you need to know should you want to get started, I have downloaded and started to read his book but that was only last week and this is my 19th week on the diet, the book is interesting though, not saying don't buy it but its not necessary if you wanted to get started and we are always happy to help if we can, this is a very friendly forum ;)

I am going to start this diet later today, when I get up :D
I did order the book a couple of weeks ago, but its not here yet :(
I just have a couple of questions, if someone could assist... :)
The induction phase... is that strictly alternate DD/UD for 2 weeks?
Then after 2 weeks, go to 3 DD's a week ?
What is an ID ? (is it an inbetweenie DD/UD?)
Many thanks is advance :D

notsoskinnymarge said:
I am going to start this diet later today, when I get up :D
I did order the book a couple of weeks ago, but its not here yet :(
I just have a couple of questions, if someone could assist... :)
The induction phase... is that strictly alternate DD/UD for 2 weeks?
Then after 2 weeks, go to 3 DD's a week ?
What is an ID ? (is it an inbetweenie DD/UD?)
Many thanks is advance :D

Dr J recommends doing a stricter induction phase where you are doing proper alternate days and staying under your calorie allowance. This is supposed to firmly get your sirt 1 hormone switched on. However from what I've seen few people do this, most start with m, w, f as dd's- as this gives them the wknd off. People still have good loses by going into the m, w, f plan.

Id's are mid calorie days as you thought, around 1000-1200 per day. Mostly used if you've a social event or something and you need to change your days up.

16 lost : 51 to goal

Thanks for replying fizzy fluff :D
I have been okay today, I think. I am going to start a juddd diary in the next few days when I'm on my laptop, and not my phone :). My old Exante one is too long, and I would prefer a clean and shiny new one :D

notsoskinnymarge said:
Thanks for replying fizzy fluff :D
I have been okay today, I think. I am going to start a juddd diary in the next few days when I'm on my laptop, and not my phone :). My old Exante one is too long, and I would prefer a clean and shiny new one :D

Nice new shiny one for a nice new shiny woe! I've been here on and off since April, initially lost 21lbs and then had a wee op so came off and put 10back on. I must say I'm enjoying it, I'm getting results and its not impacting on my life. For instance we were out for dinner on sat and had three courses and it was completely on plan!

16 lost : 51 to goal

Hm, i'm totally hooked on this idea now. I'm about 10lbs off target, on Cambridge, but have to knock it on the head as Hubby is off work, and as a long suffering lorry driver, he doesn't get anything but SSP :(. So, if i have to eat, but i'm used to days of 3 shakes only, why not try Dr. Johnson??! I guess i could go with slimfast or something for the DD's? May even get hubby to try while he's off, as he has a bit of a beer belly :)

Hi welcome both, you don't have to drink shakes on your DD s you can use your cals in any way you choose and that includes the induction phase, he only mentions shakes because he states its easier to keep track of your cals with a pre packaged shake, however nearly all foods are cla counted so its just as easy to keep an eye on those important cals by using any food, using shakes ahas no impact on loss etc its just a suggestion by the good Dr J xx

I've just started first ddd at 5pm .. Have read one of you do it like this bit can't remember! Is it Hannata? Seems a bit more 'doable'... Could someone explain though.. When fasting does it have to be 24hours at least? If I do alternate now then I'll be due a down on thurs 5pm but going out for meal? And hen night sat... Heellpp!? Thanks

How's about this:

DD1: 5pm Sun - 5pm Mon
DD2: 5pm Tue - 5pm Wed
DD3: Fri (midnight to midnight)
DD4: 5pm Sun- 5pm Mon

Then continue every other day, if that's how you want to work it. This gives you 2 UD's which are more like 36 hours than 24, but will accommodate your meal and hen night out while still giving you enough DD's in the week to make a difference. Make sense?

Barbara

I've just had a quick browse through and I was wondering if someone could help me. At the moment I'm on the cambridge shakes and I will be for the next 9 weeks. Im going on holiday for three weeks after that and my worst fear is gaining a lot of weight. Would doing JUDDD help me to maintain or even lose weight while I am on holiday?

Most people who stop VLCD and change to JUDD seem to have an initial gain before losing. If you refeed before attempting JUDD then you should be able to maintain or at least minimise the amount you put on.

Hi there I came to JUDDD from Slim & Save a few weeks ago and did gain initially, although I've since realised that's because I was absolutely stuffing my face on my UP days when I started. I've started being sensible now (eating around 2000cal) on my UP days and I've lost 3lb in 2 weeks.

Even though I did gain initally it was 4.5lb over 3 weeks, which isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. I think if I'd just gone back to normal eating I would have gained a lot more!

Give it a try on your hols. It's possible you will gain but probably will just be a few lb rather than half a stone or more X

Back