JUDDD Questions and Answers

miss jelly tot

CWP Consultant
I thought it may be good to have a seperate thread for Questions and Answers. After reading the book I thought I would pass some info on too.

Q: What is the induction phase?

A: This is the first 2 weeks of the diet where you should limit yourself to no more than 500 calories on a down day. It is recommended to have prepacked diet shakes and bars (like slimfast or CD packs) so your calorie intake are exact and not estimated.

Q: How low can I go on the Down Day?

A: To be most effective eating nothing every other day would maximize the results. Except no one wants to do that, so an estimated 20% of normal calorie intake would be tolerable in terms of hunger control. Some people find this too low and prefer 30-35%

Q: How much should I eat on the Up Day?

A: There is no required calories to eat to make this diet work. The point of an up day is to reduce stress, diet fatigue and to increase freedom from the anxiety of restricting food every day. You can eat until you are full but do not over eat. The calorie counter (on the JUDDD website) is to estimate the number of calories to eat on the down day. You do not have to consume all the estimated calories on the up day.

Q: Can I do Down Days Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so my weekends are Up Days?

A: Yes many people find this easier. You can also make Sunday an 'in-between' day and restrict your calories to some extent but not as much as a down day.

Q: What should I do if I blow it on an Up Day?

A: Don't panic. You have 2 choices, to either turn the down day to an up day or make it an 'in-between' day. The worse thing to do is think that you can pig out since you have already blown it.

Q: Does the diet cause Ketosis?

A: If your intake is below 25% there maybe an increase of Ketones, although the diet does not cause Ketosis like Atkins or the Cambridge/Lighter life diet does.

Q: Can I exercise?

A: Yes exercise frequently, especially on up days

Q: When should I weigh myself?

A: Once a week after a down day.

Great idea for a thread Jelly especially with all the newbies joining us, although us 'oldies' haven't been here long either lol!

You need more posts for full privileges. Think it's 20 for an avatar and 50 for more signature space so you can get your ticker on. So keep posting, you can always go and play the word games on the chit-chat forum, great way of getting your posts up :) Have fun x

Yes I have just been through this. You need 20 for an avatar (the pic or graphic under your name) but you can add a ticker to your signature now I think. Go make one at tickerfactory.com and insert the code into your signature. Update it (you need to set a password when you make it) at the ticker site when you drop weight. I think that's how it works (that's what I did if I recall correctly.)

You need more posts for full privileges. Think it's 20 for an avatar and 50 for more signature space so you can get your ticker on. So keep posting, you can always go and play the word games on the chit-chat forum, great way of getting your posts up :) Have fun x
do you mean asking questions or making comments or do I need to start a new topic and how do I know when I have reached 20?

I think any post counts. You are at 16 now - look under your name as it is displayed when you post.

:8855:Tell you what though, it would prob taste better than some of the low fat food i've eaten!

LOL! I agree, that's why I don't regret for one moment having only a shortbread biscuit and 6 matchmakers on a DD!! Tasted better than any soup or salad or low fat meal, that's for sure.

help , it didn't work!

Just click on it in your signature and it will take you to the ticker website.
So, I went to edit signature and clicked on it and it didn't work. Am I doing it right?:confused:

You're ticker isn't working (you can't click on it), I don't think you could've pasted the whole code from the tickerfactory website. I think you might have to delet that one and make another new one I'm afraid :(

You're ticker isn't working (you can't click on it), I don't think you could've pasted the whole code from the tickerfactory website. I think you might have to delet that one and make another new one I'm afraid :(

Thanks stirky, I will try that.;)

Hi all, sorry if this is in the wrong place!!! I am currently doing a vlcd but have never heard of juddd....what kind of success are you all having? Is it quick and steady weight loss? would love to know more about this from people who have actually done it ( as opposed to just reading the official site!)

xx

Back