JUDDD to finally get to goal

Hey Jo, here to follow. You're doing great so far, this diet really seems to suit you. I'm currently trying to get back into the habit of fasting but really struggling at the moment! x

Thanks for your message! I'm feeling so positive about it, and still can't quite believe something that feels so natural / easy / painless works!

Hows fasting going for you?

Very annoyingly, I got a STS on the scales. But given I had a huge clean and clear out yesterday, burned 3500 calories and am in horrendous achy pain today,and I lost a further half cm off both my waist and hips, I'm assuming its water retention..

I'll try to stay strong and not lose the faith, especially as I've got the second of two back to back fasts today due to plans this week that make it necessary to do two in a row. Im not enjoying it!!

I said the other day to my husband its the size / shape of my body now that matters now rather than my weight and I need to remind myself of that, even though I'm a bit miffed about the STS. Im debating whether to weigh again tomorrow to see if the scales go down but don't know if thats a good idea as if not, I'll be even more miffed!

As you were so achy it'll def be water retention - I think it's quite common to temporarily see a weight increase after heavy exercise. And as you say the inch loss is what actually counts! So well done on that!! :) Good luck with the back to back fasts! X

Weighed this morning and down 2 lbs although obv that could be 2 fasts in a row so I can't rely on it..

Still, makes me a feel a bit better and putting scales away til next week. Id really like to be 12 stone 4 something but that'd require a 2.5lb loss (though over 3 weeks so not unreasonable) so we'll see.. Especially as I'm starting a Pilates DVD this week so might get some water retention from that..

Just need to focus on how stuff fits and how I look..

Fast day two today. Had an indulgent up day planned yesterday for family thing but ended up at 2200 which means cals saved for Friday pizza whoop!

Feel slimmer today and I found two jumpers that were way too tight across my shoulders and back during my clear out that now fit perfectly!

Pilates legs and back tonight - bracing myself for the pain!

So as yesterday was my last fast for the week and I'll be having a high day Saturday and am supposed to weigh after a fast, I weighed this morning as my weekly weigh in rather than using Sunday (though I'll go back to Sunday next time ie Sunday 4th).

I weighed in at 173.2 So that's a further 2.2lbs off in 3 weeks which included a high week where I didn't really expect to lose anything. I can definitely see and feel it and can already see the impact Pilates is having after only a week of doing it. Given I had a high cal burn yesterday (3000) after tons of walking and late evening Pilates session I've even more pleased with that weigh in as I know I'll be retaining a bit of water.

So my total over 6 weeks (with one week basically a maintain week) is 7.2lbs. Totally thrilled with that given I'm now a healthy weight and its feeling relatively easy.

It also means it's really reasonable to think I can lose a further 4.3 lbs over the next 4 weeks which will bring me to 12st 0lbs something at 24th Dec. I'll then give myself a week to just maintain ( so maybe 2 fast days that week to offset Christmas excess).

Then starting again on 1st January hoping to lose a further half stone or maybe 10lbs depending on how I look.

Super happy today

It's great that you're noticing a real difference! I love it when clothes that were too small start to fit :) You're doing really well - this fasting really seems to suit you x

Scales only 0.2lbs off on Sunday but another half cm off waist and hips and my legs are noticeably slimmer (wish I'd been measuring now!) so I'm assuming the scales just aren't playing and happily ignoring them!

Went shopping Friday, in a size 12 in every single place I tried (so not just vanity sizing or stretchy jeans!!) and I felt phenomenal when I got home having spent far too much :) A size 12 is perfect for my height and shape so feel I've achieved a big goal there.

Tried on a new dress I'd bought for my work party and my husband said while he always thinks I'm pretty and look gorgeous it was the first time in ages he'd looked at me and thought I was so stunning I shouldn't be going out like that without him!!! I was so chuffed :D

So f*** the scales, I feel and look great!

Oh wow, amazingly well done on all the body changes :D Much better than a good scale result and I'm so happy you're now at a dress size that feels right for you. When is your work party? I bet you'll look stunning & have an amazing time xx

Just back to say I'm still going, still seem to be losing weight (though slowly!) and feeling great about the diet still :) I only lost 0.2lbs between week 6 and 7 but lost a further 1.6lbs between week 7 and 8 and a sneak peek at the scales suggests I've lost a further 0.8lbs. I'm perfectly happy with that as one of those weeks was a 2 day fast week rather than 3 and a total of 2.6lbs over three is more or less what I'd expect.

Also been doing pilates 4/5 times a week to tone up for several weeks and look noticeably different for that so that's all good too.

As long as you're happy with slow ish losses and to pay attention to how you feel rather than a number on the scales this diet is fantastic. I'm really looking forward to measuring myself on Sunday as I haven't measured in 2/3 weeks and the size 12s I bought two weeks ago feel looser already so I reckon I'll have a good result.

Last two weeks of the New Year I'm doing two fasts a week. Was planning on a 3 fast week followed by a 1 fast week but I've got social stuff next week and would have to do three back to back which I'm not up for at all because going into ketosis is utter hell, and also thinking two is nicely manageable but keeps me going.

If I weigh at 12st 2 something on Sunday I can def be at 12st 1 something two weeks later and that gives me a BMI of 24 going into the New Year which I'm thrilled with. If I can lose a further 7 lbs before my Birthday (late Feb) and be a BMI of 23 I will be utterly delighted.

I. LOVE. THIS. DIET.

Its not even a diet, its a lifestyle. It keeps my binges in check, it stops my moods jumping all over the place and it makes me feel gorgeous and happy and stable. Who could ever ask for more than that?!

Up about 0.2lbs this week but stuck to plan faithfully so I know its down to my totm! Aiming for a 1lb deficit this week so I'd hope to be down to my 12st 1 something next week. Fingers crossed! Even if not I'm positive and as long as I stick to my plans thats all that matters.

Finished the year (24 December as I've had a week maintaining) on 169.6lbs :) So exactly what I wanted. Love that I'm seeing the New Year slim and happy!

We booked yesterday to go on hol on 1 March so I've got 8 weeks to lose 8 lbs to get down to 11st 7lbs. Def doable. Also planning on doing Pilates 4 times a week so I'm nice and toned when we go.

Not really much else to say except I'm very happy and will try and update here once a week for the next 8 weeks.

Yay that's fantastic that you finished the year where you wanted to be :) Well done you! And a holiday is a great incentive for getting 2017 off to a good start. Where are you off to? X

Good fast day yesterday and great controlled (but yummy and filling) up day today.

Already feel much better and less bloated for restarting the plan properly. One day at a time! Second fast day tomorrow followed by two up days and a third fast Saturday which I always find super easy as Saturdays are my lazy lie in / household job days.

3 days down of 8 weeks! It really does fly by and as I always remind myself, the days will pass whether I'm on plan or not and I would much rather look back in 8 weeks having achieved a goal rather than saying ahh well I'll start Monday..

Thinking after my 3 weeks hol (post 8 weeks on 4:3) I'll do 2 weeks of 4:3 to shift any hol gain and then start 5:2 as of 1 April to get down to my final goal of 22.5 BMI. Then mid May I'll move to 6:1 to maintain! Amazing (and a bit scary) to think I've finally found something I can consistently stick to that works for me. Yes it is slow, but it's not a race, and every week is still progress.

It's great to see how motivated you are, you're doing so well and think how great you'll feel if you carry on like this to your holiday :)

What do you tend to eat on your fasting days? Do you spread out your calories across several mini meals during the day, or save most of them for the evening (as I do)? X

It's great to see how motivated you are, you're doing so well and think how great you'll feel if you carry on like this to your holiday :)

What do you tend to eat on your fasting days? Do you spread out your calories across several mini meals during the day, or save most of them for the evening (as I do)? X

I had a hungry day today but still had no doubt I'd finish my fast day! 4 days down of 56 til hols! Whoop!

I have three slim and save shakes. One before work (830ish), one after (6ish) and one at 10pm before bed so I don't go to bed hungry. Total 400 calories. I was having a small portion of cooked chicken at lunch but found that actually made me hungrier and I prefer to go through my work day without food and just nail my water!

There don't seem to be many diaries in the JUDDD forum.. do you think others are fasting but just posting elsewhere?? How are you getting on?

I've never tried a meal replacement shake before, do you find them quite filling? I think I'd miss real food though, I like to save my calories for a proper evening meal.

Yeah there don't seem to be many fasting diaries, although I was kind of expecting more to pop up now we're into January. I'm getting on ok thanks, although it's early days - had my first successful fast day in ages yesterday :) The first half of last year I got on really well with fasting and lost over 1.5 stone. I know it's not a huge amount as my losses are always pretty slow but I found it quite easy to do. Then I guess I lost motivation, not sure why, maybe just diet fatigue... then Christmas happened... but now I'm back! Xx

I've never tried a meal replacement shake before, do you find them quite filling? I think I'd miss real food though, I like to save my calories for a proper evening meal.

Yeah there don't seem to be many fasting diaries, although I was kind of expecting more to pop up now we're into January. I'm getting on ok thanks, although it's early days - had my first successful fast day in ages yesterday :) The first half of last year I got on really well with fasting and lost over 1.5 stone. I know it's not a huge amount as my losses are always pretty slow but I found it quite easy to do. Then I guess I lost motivation, not sure why, maybe just diet fatigue... then Christmas happened... but now I'm back! Xx

I don't know about filling but I'm not usually hungry on them. I guess because I've done Cambridge for weeks in the past before I've got my head around no actual food, and in fact, if I have any actual food at all, I really struggle.

Glad to hear you're smashing the fasting again! That much weight is still fantastic! I've only lost about 11lbs over 10 weeks but that was with 5:2 several weeks and I'd much rather lose 11lbs slowly and keep it off then lose that in three/four weeks and then spend the next six weeks re gaining and having half hearted fast days and then eventually gaining all the loss (which has been my pattern before!).

Ok, so I'm finishing the week on 1 lb deficit rather than 1.5 lb. Half of that is down to extra food (though I still did 3 fast days) and half is down to burning a lot less cals than normal last weekend due to extreme laziness before going back to work. Not too concerned by the smaller deficit as it's eased me back in nicely without feeling too pressured.

However, did just realise that my year end weigh in was 24 Dec and I spent the following week eating A LOT so I probably did have a gain without realising. Based on a quick peek this morning (although official is tomorrow after a fast) I prob am a lb up so I must've gained actual weight that week.

That's fine though, as I had a GREAT week eating (!!) and I've still got 7 weeks to get down to 11st 8 lbs (BMI 23) before holds which is more than doable. Will see how the scales look tomorrow.

Back