Judy's Jolly Journey (restarts at post 295)

Got a day off today so having a lazy morning. Had my fruit and yoghurt for brekkie but now a little peckish. May have some ham and cottage cheese in a few minutes.

Lunch needs prepping then I'm off to take my little sis shopping. She has problems with her shoulders, neck and back which badly effects her arms, and is struggling to drive at the moment. I am taking her to work for the rest of the week as well as we work in the same building. Hopefully she'll be seeing the doc again this week for some better pain killers :fingerscrossed:

Right better get something done. Catch you soon, JJ x

Morning JJ

Im back :sign0151:...
You sound super organised this week :clap:
oooohh were the fish n chips as tasty as you remembered? when we lived in suffolk there was a little old fashioned chippy that fried in beef dripping :drool: and my god did they do the best fish n chips I have ever had.. we only went about 6 times in 3 years -but they were divine. At least out here I don't have those sorts of temptations ;)...
Anyway -hope you have a good day!!!

Crikey JJ, planning your whole week - that's super organised! :happy096:

Sorry to hear that the mango chicken wasn't as nice as it looked - I'd been planning on trying that as a weekend treat - it looked soooo good in the SW mag!

Hi ladies. Thanks for the comments but inspite of being super organised life threw me a curve ball this morning.

I had to leave the house earlier than usual to pick up my sis and her husband, as she still shouldn't drive. BIL remembered at the last minute that he had to catch an early train, so it was a mad scramble and I didn't get breakfast. Instead I grabbed some fruit and a yoghurt and had these at work. Then decided to pick up some ham and laughing cows to add to my lunchtime salad, so today will revert to Red instead of an Extra Easy. At least I can be flexible when necessary AND it means I get another HEB :giggle:May have potatoes with dinner or a fibre plus bar tonight - may have both and syn one :sign0151:
So my revised menu is:
Tuesday – Red
Milk (HEA)

Fruit and yoghurt
Soup (all superfree veg and a touch of tabasco for kick - yum)
Ham Cheese (HEA) Lettuce Cucumber Beetroot Tomato Spring onion Fat free vinaigrette
Activia lemon (2.5) Fruit
2 Asda hot & spicy chicken breast fillets Salad as above Yoghurt
2 Alpen light (HEB) Crisps (6)

That totals 2 A & 1 B and 8.5 syns so far.

Sorry to hear that the mango chicken wasn't as nice as it looked - I'd been planning on trying that as a weekend treat - it looked soooo good in the SW mag!

I was really disappointed with the chicken as I was looking forward to it:cry:Not sure if scaling down the recipe was the problem so I may try it again, make all 4 portions and freeze the spares. Let me know what you think if you give it a try :D

Morning JJ

Im back :sign0151:...
You sound super organised this week :clap:
oooohh were the fish n chips as tasty as you remembered? when we lived in suffolk there was a little old fashioned chippy that fried in beef dripping :drool: and my god did they do the best fish n chips I have ever had.. we only went about 6 times in 3 years -but they were divine. At least out here I don't have those sorts of temptations ;)...
Anyway -hope you have a good day!!!

The fish and chips were divine :drool: I've never had them done in beef dripping but there was a chippy near us in London which was run by a greek family and they used (extra virgin?) olive oil :eek: Now they were the best :p

Sorry I haven't posted on your diary lately but wanted to say congratulations on the inches lost :wow:Can't wait to see this months progress picture :D

Last edited:
Bad bad girl

Well the last few days have been a disaster :eek:

I've got an infection in the gum above a back tooth which has caused awful pain for the last few days. Due to this I've been doing some comfort eating:break_diet: In turn this led to a 2.5 lb gain on the scales last night :eek: I was a little surprised as I didn't think I'd been that naughty, but goes to show how easily I could undo all the work I've put in so far :eek:

Today I've been better but had a green day as needed some comfort foods. Menu has been:
Milk for drinks (HEA)
Banana and yoghurt
Mediterranean veg couscous (Ainsley Harriot - 0.5 syn)
Activia peach (2.5)
Jacket potato, chick pea dahl and cheese (HEA)
2 alpen lights (HEB)
Strawberries, pineapple and mango

That's 2 As, 1 B and 3 syns so far. Will use rest of milk for an options drink before bed (2 syns) but need another B somewhere. Might have a fibre plus bar :rolleyes:

Perhaps I should have more green days as I've enjoyed today's meals inspite of the tooth ache. I used to have mainly green and although it slows down my weight losses it may be better for winter.

Going to have my antibiotics and painkillers, then my drink and bed. I'll be back and hopefully a bit brighter tomorrow. Good night :zz:

Didn't have my 2nd HEB yesterday as I just couldn't face it. Today is a bit better but still in a fair amount of pain and feeling sorry for myself.

Todays menu is:
Friday – Green
Milk (HEA)
Strawberries, Mango, Pineapple, Banana and Yoghurt
Rice Chick Pea Dahl Cheese (HEA)
Activia lemon (2.5)
Chicken (HEB) Potato wedges Steamed veg Gravy (2)
Soup (Home made Mushroom & other veg)
Fibre plus bar (5.5)
2 Alpen light (HEB)

That is 2 A and Bs and 10 syns, which isn't bad. May use a tea spoon of oil for the wedges which would be another 2 syns, but I'll see how I feel later.

Rice should be done now so off to have lunch.

Afternoon JJ

PAH -You will soon whip that itty bit of a gain off once you are better..;)
Can't stand tooth ache -it makes everything hurt doesn't it!! hope the meds kick in soon,,,

Im planning more green days, as you say when winter kicks in its going to be much easier to satisfy the appetite on green... tatties n onions, hash *with dumplings* :drool:
Have you tried the "12 speed soup" yet? I have just made my first batch (although I have tweaked it to use what I had in true MSE style ;)) and god its nice -and definitely a goer for winter. Im gonna make my next lot using dried bean/lentis -will be even cheaper then :p
Hope you are pain free soon... take care

Thanks my lovely. Tooth is still extremely painful and I'm feeling very sorry for myself :cry:

On the plus side eating is going fairly well :) Didn't have chicken last night as when I opened the pack it was off :eek: Took it back though and got a different type. Ended up having one of my chilli meals out of the freezer. These are portioned to work out at a HEB on green days so had it with left over rice from lunch.

I have made a variation of the speed soup and it was yummy. I've now got a mushroom and veg soup in the fridge to have for the next few days.

Today I'm back to a red day and looking forward to the dinner I have planned.

Menu is:
Saturday – Red
Milk (HEA)
Strawberries, Mango, Passion fruit, Banana and Yoghurt
Soup and Ham Salad Roll (HEB)
More fruit and yoghurt
Chicken Parmigiana (2.5 and HEA) Lettuce Cucumber Beetroot Spring onion Salad cream (2) Fromage frais with options (3)
2 Alpen light (HEB)

2 A & B and 7.5 syns

Last edited:
Hi JJ, sorry to hear about your toothache! Well done for staying largely on plan while you're in pain - I might have headed straight for the ice cream! x

Thanks Spanx. Earlier in the week I wasn't very good but Wednesday's gain pulled me up quick. Since then I've had stuff which is easy to eat, but can't have anything too hot, cold or sweet, as this is making the pain worse. Ice cream is normally one of my comfort foods though :p Oooo I want some Ben and Jerry's cookie dough (inspite of the pain) :17729:
Good job there's none in the house :p

Aftenoon all. Feeling brighter today. Although tooth is still throbbing I can cope with the pain.

Today I am having a green day again, so the menu looks like this:
Sunday - Green
Milk (HEA)
Yoghurt Fruit
Soup
Plum Chicken (HEB and 3) Roast potatoes 1 tsp olive oil (2) Veg pack (steamed) Yoghurt
2 Alpen light (HEB)
Cheese (HEA) and onion omelette
Fibre plus bar (5.5) or Curly wurly (6)

That is 2 A & Bs and 10.5 or 11 syns, which is quite enough.

Off to Tesco now to get some chocolates for presents and use my £10 off voucher. Also need some bread rolls for DD's lunches this week.

See you later, JJ x

Glad you are feeling a bit better JJ - nagging toothache and earache must be two of the worst to put up with!

Plum chicken sounds nice - how do you make it? x

Thoroughly enjoyed my chicken. It is simply a fillet marinated in plum sauce. I bought the sauce from a local oriental supermarket. It syns out at 1.5 per tbsp which isn't bad. I had it with steamed veg roasted potato wedges red pepper and onion.
Having a yoghurt and fruit now and got a curly wurly for later. It's in the freezer chilling then I can smash it and enjoy each little piece:D

I won't have time in the morning so posting my meal plan now.

Monday– Red
Milk (HEA)
Yoghurt Fruit
Soup and Ham Salad Roll (HEB)
Strawberries and Yoghurt
Chicken Parmigiana (2.5 and HEA) Lettuce Cucumber Onion Tomato Salad cream (2)
Curly Wurly (6)
2 Alpen light (HEB)

That will use 2 A & Bs and 10.5 syns.

I've changed things around from the list posted earlier. The chicken wants eating - it's no hardship as it was scrumptious - and my original Monday plan has moved to later in the week :D

Have a good week everyone and good luck for weigh ins.

This is my Tuesday menu:
Tuesday – Green
Milk (HEA)
Soup
Rice Chick Pea Dahl Activia (2.5)
Yoghurt Fruit
Cheese (HEA) and potato pie (2) Baked beans
Curly Wurly (6)
2 Alpen light (HEB)

That will use 2 As & Bs and 10.5 syns

I stuck to today's Red plan very well. Aiming for 100% again tomorrow :D and really looking forward to dinner :drool: I hope it's as nice as it sounds ;)

Hi folks

I'm off to group in a few minutes and the scales better be kind :scale:

Yesterday have been good days again so I'm confident of a loss - not a huge one, but you never know :innocent0001:

I'll update later with the damage.

Take care all, JJ x

ooohh Im loitering..waiting for results :cross:

The last few days haven't been good :break_diet: I've felt very sorry for myself and stuffed my face with anything I could find :cry:

Rather than drag down you lovely people who read my ramblings, I decided the best thing to do was to get myself sorted out - get my head back in the game and pick up again on Monday.

So that is my plan. Hopefully with a target to aim to I can turn this around.

I'll be back when I can be more positive :wave_cry: Take care all xx

Back