Judy's Jolly Journey (restarts at post 295)

Hi Judy, just trawling through the diary section and noticed your thread title 'cos that's just the sort of thing I would say. We need to get a bit more confidence about ourselves as I think that's sometimes half the problem. Also I noticed a remark about your trying situation and it rather brought home my own feelings when my children were young as there is always that feeling that it's perhaps not the right time because of other commitments. What I mean is - I used to think well if only I didn't have to cater for a family it would be so much easier. The situations can change and I still could find an excuse for it being not the right time! Now I live on my own and have done for years and I don't have anything to get in the way except that I get bored and there's nothing more comforting than a nice thick slice of toast oozing with butter!!
I've started my own diary on here and have found it to be a great help. So it's NOT boring and I found it quite enthusing. Keep up the good work.:)

Thanks Emmaline. I know what you mean about eating out of boredom. I did that a lot after I seperated from my husband. I've now got a better handle on things and try to keep busy so my hands can't stray to food.

Had a very busy week so not been round much for which I apologise. Work is hectic and I'm sneaking on here now just to get away from it for 5 minutes ;)

Had a funny few days eating wise as well. I've stuck to plan, no major binges or anything, but definitely not as organised as usual. I've eaten all my snacks and HEs early in the day and gone a long time between meals. I'm not sure if it's me being lazy and not sticking properly to my plans; or if * week messes with my head and makes me even more ditsy than usual :p Need to reign it in though.

I'm going out for a meal tonight for BILs birthday. Was supposed to be tomorrow AFTER weigh in. Due to my niece going in to hospital tomorrow to have her tonsils and adenoids done, we are going tonight instead. Luckily its a carvery so won't be too bad. I am not expecting a loss tomorrow anyway as I'm definitely carrying some water this week. Hands and feet really puffy today.

Well enough of me moaning. I'll speak to you soon. Good luck all, JJ xx

Hi JJ, hope all is well with you!

I was ecstatic when my husband finally left - but I still comfort ate my way through the winter! (Think it was more that I was providing comfort foods for DS - we had a lot of saturday night 'pizza and tv' nights!!!) It was only when it got to summer and I realised that none of my summer clothes fitted that I decided to do something about it!

Hi Spanx - Hope you are well?

I haven't posted today's menu and I'm sure you are all dying to know what's going on my plate :rolleyes:

Tuesday (Red)
B - Bacon and egg
L - Ham and cheese salad (HEA) with beetroot, fruit and yoghurt
D - Carvery at local golf course's restaurant (BILs birthday) about 5 syns for gravy and any oil
Snacks - 2 Alpen light (HEB), fruit and yoghurt
Drinks - Milk (HEA), coffee, water, diet coke

My other HEB will be a couple of potatoes at the carvery. I am having a mountain of veg (no peas :cry:) and a little gravy, so should have no room for dessert :D Syns shouldn't be too bad.

Right back to work. These invoices aren't paying themselves......:p

Hi JJ!
I hope you do get a loss at weigh in tomorrow because you have still been sticking to plan. But like you say if its * week and you're retaining water at least you'll know why you haven't lost.
How are you finding doing the red days?

Evening JJ

Hope you have a good night out - I hate having to "pay" for peas too -and sweetcorn ... but its amazing how many you get for a heB -but they really can't compare to a fibre plus bar can they :p
I have had an odd couple of weeks too -although mine is because hubby is off work -so we have got loads of exercise done but I haven't eaten as "little n often" as I like...although hubby reckons I take organised to a whole new level because today I took a pack of ham out of the freezer when we went golfing and it was nicely defrosted by the time we got back to the car :sign0151:. SO I had something I could eat to tide me over until we got back ;)
Its so strange how things can throw you out of your usual routine isn't it ..
Anyway -have a lovely evening and :cross: for tomorrow

Well I was right - * week has given me a 1.5 lb gain. Next week should see that gone, so I'm not concerned.
On way to hospital now to see my niece so speak later x

Well I was right - * week has given me a 1.5 lb gain. Next week should see that gone, so I'm not concerned.
On way to hospital now to see my niece so speak later x

Oh well!
Least you know its * week.
Good luck for the week ahead and to getting rid of that 1.5lbs!!

Ok I have a confession. On the way home last night I was tired and hungry and really fed up. I had to go to the shop for milk and bought chocolate as well! Then I bought chips from next door......
Not sure what came over me but I'm suffering for it today. Feel really big and uncomfortable. Still it's my own fault.
I'm back on track today but feel quite ashamed of myself.

Woo-hoo JJ

nothing to be ashamed about there Mrs..... and just remember how you feel now all yukky and podged -then next time your feet try to take you in the chippy -think of it and you won't want to go in ;)!!!
Im sure you will whip that itty bitty * week gain off in no time - hope you are feeling better soon -bet you will be all better and lighter again by tomorrow :D

Thanks my lovely. I felt rough as a badger's bum all day yesterday. Serves me right :eek:

Today I've been shopping after work and bought loads of things for a mass cook tonight and tomorrow. I am doing pork, mushrooms and onions in gravy, several shepherds pies, chilli, bolognese, sweet and sour pork, buffalo chicken and some stuffed breasts. This lot is to go in the freezer for lunches and dinners for the next couple of weeks. I've got some bacon, fish and bread already in there and the makings of a quiche for this weekend. That should see me sorted and keep me busy so I don't sit around mindlessly munching :D

Right off to put it all in the fridge and give the kitchen a clean before I get started on the prep work :(

Have a good evening all, JJ x

Awww JJ! Don't be too hard on yourself! We all have the occaisional slip up - we wouldn't be human if we didn't!! :gen126:
Like Capricorn said just remember how crap it made you feel to try and prevent it happening again.

Spent most of yesterday cooking my main meals for the next week. I'm off to tesco later to get some more meat using the £5 off voucher from last weeks paper. Then I've got some more cooking to do. I'm hoping having these in will help me stick to plan for the rest of the week.
There are now no crisps, biscuits or chocolate in the house and I'm refusing to buy any! If dd wants any she'll have to have them elsewhere.....;)

Afternoon everyone :wavey:

I've been a busy beaver this weekend. Went to Tesco yesterday and Asda today and now my fridge, freezer and cupboards can hold no more :D The idea is to have in everything we need for the month and not keep popping to the shop. I have done a huge cooking session of ready meal type stuff for work days. I also have the makings of loads of other meals for the weekends and days when I finish early and feel like cooking ;) Fingers crossed that all I will need is fresh fruit, veg, milk and yoghurts - who wants a bet on my succeeding? :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

I've had to play an interesting game of jenga to fit all the food in, so if anyone moves anything there could be a landslide :p I've warned DD to take care when opening any doors in the house as I will not take her to A & E if she gets hurt :Na_Na_Na_Na:

Todays menu has been:
B - fruit and yoghurt
L - bolognese, potatoes (HEB), cheese (HEA)
D - Syn free quiche with bbq sauce (1) and salad, yoghurt (2.5)
Snacks - Fibre plus (HEB) and crisps (6)
Other HEA is milk for my drinks and I will have had 9.5 syns.

I said I wasn't having crisps this week but when sorting out the stores I found a multi pack in the back of the hall cupboard :confused: As I'm the only one likes them I will just have to eat them :rolleyes: - oh the things I do for my family :rotflmao:

Well that turned into an essay. I'm off out for a while so speak to you soon, JJ x

Last edited:
Afternoon JJ

Core blimey -you have been a busy bee haven't you :clap:... Sounds like you are all set for the month :p
I always describe my freezers as jenga too :giggle:and the fridge is like Kerplunk ..its a case of see if you can get what you want out without having an avalanche on your tootsies :rotflmao: -I have learnt to stand well back when I open the door ;)
Hope you are having a good week Mrs and keep up the great work...

Good evening my lovelies. Hope all is well in your worlds?

I feel quite good knowing I've had a productive cooking session - and a house full of scrummy food is never a bad thing :p

Today has been a pretty good day. Stuck to plan at work and managed to increase my water intake, only by 1 extra cup but it's a start ;)

Todays menu has been:
B - Bacon and eggs with bbq sauce (1)
L - Bolognese with cheese (HEA), yoghurt
D - Meatloaf, roast potato (HEB), oil (1), salad
Snacks - Alpen light (HEB), melon, strawberries, banana, yoghurt, crisps (6)

Other HEA is milk for my coffee and I still have 7 syns if I want them :D Might have a zesty lemon Activia for 2.5 or even a fibre plus at 5.5. Then again I could be extra good and have neither - ooooo decisions :rolleyes:

For the first time today I've paid attention to what time I've eaten and I think I'm going too long between meals. This could be why I feel like snacking more than normal lately.

I had breakfast at 7.30, lunch at 12.30 and dinner is on now - should be done for 9. I then had an alpen light mid morning, another about 3pm and some fruit and yoghurt at 5ish.

I might try having more "meals" through the day instead of just 3. I used to do this to start with and I've slipped back in to the old habits. Perhaps if I go back to this I'll feel fuller and not eat as much in total. Also if I use my syns on more meals instead of snacks it will help. I love crisps but 6 syns would buy me a lot of extra food - I'll have to give this some serious thought.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Trying the new approach today and going well so far. This is my food list (looks a lot doesn't it? :eek:)

Wednesday (Red)
Milk (HEA)
Fruit
Yoghurt
Ham
Laughing Cow light (HEA)
Salad
Fat free vinaigrette
Vegetable soup (all superfree :D)
Activia lemon (2.5)
Chicken
Roast potatoes (HEB)
Veg pack (steamed)
2 Alpen (HEB)
Crisps (6)
Fruit
Yoghurt

I've squigged in another meal mid afternoon, which I am going to have soon. Dinner wil be 9pm again after class. I feel like I've eaten all day so far :eatdrink023: and as tonight is weigh in I'm not sure what effect it will have :confused: Just have to keep my fingers crossed :fingerscrossed: but I think it will work eventually.

I have to make myself eat. I know that probably sounds silly but I have a tendency to skip meals and snack instead. As I ended up at over 20 stone that tactic obviously worked well for me :booboo::rotflmao:

There is a quote someone used a while back which I think is appropriate - "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got" I think that sums up my approach to diets. I always think I know best and I suppose I have to learn to trust Slimming World and work the free foods more into my day - even if I do seem to be constantly stuffing my face :p

Right enough philosophising and back to eating......:rotflmao:

Catch you later, JJ x

Last edited:
Afternoon JJ

I agree with you eating more often :p...

I seem to be munching about every couple of hours -I seem to have fallen into a natural pattern of :-
  • brekkie about 8-ish
  • fruit about 10am
  • lunch about 12-12:30
  • fruit about 2pm
  • activia lemon about 4pm
  • dindins about 6pm
  • and then my snickysnackysnoo about 8pm
  • if I need/want anything after that it will be fruit :giggle:
If I have to go more than a couple of hours without "something" to eat can feel myself getting short tempered and headachey -so i think it might be down to my blood sugars. As it is -now I eat like that as often as possible I don't get that mid afternoon slump *you know..the one that leads to :17729:* :p
Your meal plan todays looks really nice... and you will probably find that because of the soup n yog -when it gets to your evening meal you will want less ;)..... I love roast chicken -its one of my fave things mmmmmm
Pinkies crossed for weigh in later....
have a good evening -catch up with you soon :D

Back