Judy's Jolly Journey (restarts at post 295)

It's weigh in for me today and despite it not being a perfect week I will be disappointed if I don't lose. On the whole I've been more good than naughty so hopefully it will show. Keep your fingers crossed for me :cross:

So today is a green day and looks like this.
250 mls semi skimmed milk (A)
Banana and apple
Lettuce, peppers, red onion, cucumber, and egg with cheese (A) and salad cream (2)
Crisps (6) :eek:
Baked potato, baked beans and laughing cow (B)
Strawberries, mango, pineapple and yoghurt
Hi fi bar (B)

Looks a lot doesn't it :p

I'll post later with the results from weigh in.

Last edited:
Well that sucks - I gained 1.5 :eek:

I didn't think I'd done badly so a bit flummoxed! This week not likely to be good as got 2 nights out and 2 days in a hotel for work :sigh:

Oh well just have to do what I can.

Last edited:
I'm out at a birthday meal for myself and 2 friends tonight. Going to try and choose sensibly as menu does have a few bits which could be SW friendly.

I missed breakfast again today - just had a banana :eek: Really must get up in time to eat something before work.

Lunch has been lettuce, peppers, onion, sweetcorn, beetroot, cheese (A) and egg with salad cream (2) followed by a bag of crisps (6) :eek:

Now I'm supposed to be avoiding them as much as possible but I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew by trying to give them up completely along with chocolate and takeaways :rolleyes: If I can get through the month without having a pack each day it will be an improvement on last month ;)

OK back to work :cool:

The last few days have not been good :eek:

I knew they would be difficult as I've been out and about and not at home to eat much - BUT they have really been horrendous :eek:

I won't go into detail but chocolate and crisps have figured heavily, as has bread :sigh: I'm away for 2 days with work tomorrow and Tuesday and that will be hotel food so I'm expecting another gain this week :(

Oh well I'll just have to knuckle down once I'm back!

Hope everyone is having a better week than me ;)

Sorry I haven't been around much but in spite of the rough week and various temptations, I managed to maintain at this weeks weigh in. It may catch up with me next time but here’s hoping I’m strong enough to survive.

I’m away for work again next week and will miss my weigh in. I’ll try to get to another group but I’ll have to see where they are and at what times. Hopefully there will be one that I can get to.

Today is a red day and looks like this:
Milk (HEA)
Porridge (HEB)
Strawberries

Hifi bar (HEB)
Banana

Chicken (2.5)
Salad
Beetroot
Salad cream (2)

Yoghurt
Strawberries

Pork steak
Salad
Beetroot
Salad cream (2)

Crisps (6)

My other HEA may be more milk for a milky drink at bedtime, but I’ll see how the day goes.

I was surprised at the chicken. I bought the So Juicy sweet and sour to try thinking it wouldn’t be bad. However it is 4.5 syns on all plans! If that is divided by the number of chicken pieces used it isn’t that many, but I didn’t think it would be more than 2 as it’s only flavourings and spices. Just goes to show you shouldn’t assume.

I should end the day on 12.5 syns so not too bad at all.

Last edited:
Been out for lunch today - a full roast dinner with loads of veggies (and a large Yorkshire pud:p)

I won't want much else today but will have to have something. I'll report back later.

I didn't report back last night as I fell asleep early :confused:

Evening was looking ok when I got home until I spotted the biscuits in the cupboard. My resolve to "just have one" quickly went out the window and I ended up eating half a packet :eek: :break_diet:

Oh well, back on the wagon today :p

My red day will be:
Yoghurt and banana

Salad, beetroot and salad cream (2)
Chicken

Yoghurt and crisps (5)

Mixed grill with new potatoes and salad (courtesy of the parents)

As Mum is doing SW also, the mixed grill will be lean meat done on the George Foreman, but with sausages and black pudding for my Dad and brother. I'm really looking forward to it :D

Morning all

Been away with work and food not been brilliant – nothing horrendous - just not SW ;)

Back to my normal Red plan today.

Milk (HEA)
Banana, yoghurt (2) and hi-fi bar (HEB)
Bag of S & V squares (5)
Chicken, mixed salad, beetroot and salad cream (2)
Yoghurt
Fruit salad
Fish, new potatoes (HEB), mixed salad and salad cream (2)
SF jelly and fruit (1)

That’s 12 syns which should be enough for today and leaves me an HEA in case I want more milk :D

Really must get my b*m back to the gym - not been in 3 weeks :eek:. I’ve been really tired after work and then travelling a lot so really haven’t felt up to it. I start 2 weeks leave after Friday so I should be able to get a few sessions in then – depends on the imminent arrival of my grand-daughter and how well my daughter is afterwards.

I’ve also got a funeral Monday and a day of hospital appointments with my youngest son on Tuesday. Did I say I was on leave? :confused:

Seem to start all my posts with an apology followed by an excuse for why I haven't stuck to my plan :eek: So you won't be surprised to hear I haven't been too good again :rolleyes:
I always start the day with good intentions then somewhere during the day I throw in the towel and give in to temptation:confused:
I'm going to try again with an August challenge as detailed in my signature. Wish me luck :cross:

So I'm back again with another apology for not posting. We've had a busy few days as I'm off work so eating hasn't been brilliant. It's not been horrendous but you know the drill.

Went to Meadowhall on Sunday and succumbed to hot chocolate and millionaires shortbread in Fancie :eek: I've tried to be reasonably good since then to try to make up for it, but we'll see how it goes at weigh in tonight. Wish me luck :D

Back