Judy's Jolly Journey (restarts at post 295)

Back to green today as I have the hugest potato to eat up :D So that is lunch with some quorn bolognese and cheese (HEA).
Breakfast was porridge as usual with extra milk (HEB and 6 syns)
Dinner will be chicken and noodle stir fry with plum sauce (HEB and 3)
My usual fruit as snacks and HEA of milk for drinks will finish the day off and use 9 syns.

I'm glad I decided to make my meals simpler as work is hectic at present. I'm trying to finish up all the loose ends and prepare everything for those taking over my different roles. I hadn't realised how much I do until I broke it down :p Boy will the team miss me ;)

Morning all :D

Well I didn't have the stir fry last night. My daughter started to prep it before I got home and thought the chicken "smelt funny" :confused: so she made spaghetti and meatballs instead - she thought it would be similar :rolleyes: So not sure on the syns but it was very nice :p

Today will be red and I am having:
Bacon, egg and tomatoes
Tuna salad
Chicken Parmigiana (4 & HEA), potatoes (HEB) and vegetables
I've got yoghurt, kiwi and tangerines for snacks and I'm going to make a jelly with fromage frais and mixed berries for tonight. If I avoid any snacky stuff when I go shopping I should finish the day on about 7 syns :cool:

Wish me luck :D

Just popping in with todays plan. I will catch up properly later.
Hope you're all having a good Sunday :D

Sunday – Red
Milk (HEA)
Porridge (HEB & 6), banana
Bacon egg and tomatoes
Chicken in diet coke, potato cubes (HEB) and carrots
Fruit, yoghurts, crisps (6)
1 A & B and 12 syns

Let's try again...........

I've spent the last few weeks totally off track and when I eventually went back to group I was back where I started :eek: :cry:Now this is no one's fault but my own and I have thoroughly deserved every last pound, but why do I do it? :sigh:

Anyway I've decided to forgive myself and just start again. I haven't really got much oomph about me at the moment and I'm having to force myself to stick to plan. This week went ok though and I lost 4lbs - even with a 2 day trip to London in there :D I had breakfast provided but I took salad boxes for my other meals along with a limited number of snacks. I even left the biscuits which came with my coffee as I had some crisps I was looking forward to for on the train ;)

Well I haven't got much else to say so I'll post my meal plan for today.

Take care all, JJ x

Thursday:
Milk (HEA)
Bacon and egg on wholemeal roll (HEB)
Ham, egg, beetroot, lettuce, peppers, pickled onions, coleslaw (2) and salad cream (2)
Gammon in cheese sauce (3 & HEA) with egg, beetroot, lettuce, peppers and pickled onions
Fruit and yoghurt
Hifi Bar (HEB)

That's 7 syns used which leaves me a little leeway if I want something this evening.

Morning all. I'm planning an extra easy day today as I've a few fridge bits need using. So today's plan is:

Bacon, egg and beans
Ham with lettuce, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, pickled onions, beetroot, cottage cheese and lf salad cream (2)
Jacket potato with chickpea dahl and salad as above
HEA = milk HEB = hifi bar
Snacks = Fruit and yoghurts

That's only 2 syns so may allow myself a treat tonight :D

I'm off work today and that's always more difficult as I can't avoid the kitchen :p BUT I am intending going out and about to do some errands and keep myself busy. That way I can't eat ;)

Catch you later, JJ x

Hi JJ, I think we all find we have very down days with no oomph but I'm sure you will soon get back into it!

I put on 4lb over xmas time and have only just gotten back to where I was in this last week, annoying isn't it? Still, never mind, happens to the best of us!

Keep up the good work!!..:)

Thanks for posting Emmaline :)

It would be so easy for me not to follow the plan just now although I want to lose weight :confused: I have a wedding coming up in September and I don't want to look huge and spoil the photos :eek:

Also I have a grandbaby due in August and I want to be able to be actively involved in his or her life. If I don't lose some weight I may not be around long enough for the child to know me :cry:

So even though I know all this and I want to do it ---WHY WHY WHY can't I stick to it????

Hopefully with the encouragement of lovely people like you I will get there eventually.

Take care, JJ x

Saturday again - aren't the weeks flying! :eek:

Yesterday's plan didn't last long at all. I had some errands to run before lunch which ended up taking until 4.30 :confused: which means I missed lunch :eek: Ended up having fruit and crisps and my hifi in the car and a meal when I got home. The downside is I missed 1 whole meal - so the menu was:
Bacon, egg and beans
Jacket potato with lolo cheese spread (2), lettuce, cucumber, peppers, pickled onions, beetroot and lf salad cream (2)
HEA = milk HEB = hifi bar
Snacks = Banana, grapes and strawberries, choc spread in fromage frais (4) and crisps (6)

What should have been a relatively low syn day didn't turn out that way :(

Well today is a green day and will be:
Porridge (HEB) with banana and strawberries
Jacket potato, cottage cheese, lettuce, cucumber, peppers, pickled onions, beetroot and lf salad cream (2)
Pea, sweetcorn and ham (HEB) risotto with lettuce, cucumber and peppers
HEA = milk x2
Snacks = Banana, grapes and strawberries, choc spread in fromage frais (4) and crisps (6)

So if all goes to plan I will finish today on 12 syns - wish me luck ;)

Hi JJ - lovely to see you back!

Don't beat yourself up too much - we all have times when we struggle to stay on plan. I have days where all I want to do is eat junk, even though the rational side of my brain is telling me not to! I don't think we can ever get to the bottom of what makes us tick, especially when it comes to eating, so push through it and I'm sure your motivation will come back soon! x

Hi spanx thanks for dropping by. Hope you're doing well?

My plan was stuck too quite well today. The risotto was nice but a little too salty! I'll use oxo next time not bouillon.
Also I didn't have the crisps so finished the day on 6 syns. Very happy with that.

Night all x

Last edited:
Happy Sunday one and all :D

Today is to be a 'sorting the study' day. I cannot use my home office at present as it has become an annexe of the local dump :eek: Honestly the amount of things I've put in there to sort later is ridiculous - so need to make a start :eek:

Today's Red plan is:
Porridge (HEB) strawberries and banana
Gammon in cheese sauce (2.5), potato (HEB), lettuce, cucumber and peppers
Ham, cottage cheese, lettuce, cucumber, peppers, beetroot, pickled onions and salad cream (2)
HEA = milk x2
Snacks = crisps (6), pineapple, strawberries and yoghurt

So I should finish today on 10.5 syns. Weekly total so far 50.5/105 - with 3 days left

Last edited:
Back to work today - means less opportunities to eat ;) but less chance to post :(
I have brought fruit and yoghurts with me for snacks plus my crisps (can't quite give these up yet :rolleyes:)

Today's green plan is:
Porridge (HEB) with strawberries
Yoghurt and banana
Jacket potato with cottage cheese, lettuce, cucumber, pepper and beetroot
Pineapple and yoghurt
Crisps (6)
Pasta in tomato sauce with onion, peas and sweetcorn, salad as above and cheese (HEA)
Fromage frais with choc spread (4)
Other HEA is milk and HEB will be a hifi bar

Will make 10 syns for today and weekly total so far of 58.5/105. Should have been more but I swapped last night's 6 syn crisp snack for a 4 syn choc and fromage frais pot instead - saved myself 2 whole syns :p

Will catch up with everyone's news this evening.

I'm late posting today due to work. I've been out and busy all day so not eaten well. Food was provided for me hence the limited choice and high syn count. Tomorrow is no better. I am on the 05.20 train to London for a training event and won't be home until after 9 tomorrow evening:eek:

I'm not looking forward to it at all, and the food is likely to be as bad as today! To top it off my class is Wednesday evenings so I can't go and weigh in :( I'll have to be extra good for the next week to make up for it.

I'll be back to post on Thursday so be good without me;)

Well I said I would be back Thursday - just not which Thursday :p

A bout of flu and a very stressful time at work mean I haven't been around to post. I haven't been eating too wonderfully and when I returned to class last night I had gained a 1/2 lb :(

Not bad in the scale of things, but as I existed on lemsip for 4 days I expected better :sigh:

Today is a green day and looks like this so far:
HEA - Milk
Yoghurt and banana
Jacket potato with cheese and egg salad, cottage cheese, coleslaw and salad cream (HEB and 4)
Strawberries

Dinner will probably be vegetable rice but not 100% certain yet as won't be home until late. I have a mugshot snack for later so I'll see what I want after that.

Will update later

July restart

After a really carp few months when I've managed to put back everything I lost I've decided to have another attempt at losing some weight!

I had a health scare a few weeks ago which means I need to watch my diet a bit better - I have gall stones :( As the best treatment is a low fat diet I'm back at slimming world :) I also know that the support I got here really helped me so hope you'll have me back :confused:

Today's original menu so far has been:
porridge with banana and strawberries
Salad with laughing cow cheese, ham and cottage cheese
Strawberries with nutella (4)

Dinner will be pork with salad and new potatoes
Fromage frais and White choc options (2.5)

That will be all healthy extras and 6.5 syns :D

I'll post any updates later, JJ x

Good morning :D
Today is my ?? Birthday and I'm off out to lunch with 15 of my closest family :flirt2:
Not sure what we're eating but will make sensible choices while I'm there as we have banana cake later!!
Breakfast has been fruit so I can stay neutral until I decide what to have for lunch.
I'll catch up later, JJ xx

Today's lunch was lovely. I ended up having chicken and salad with chips which I only ate a few of. Then went to my sisters for cake and really enjoyed every bit.
Ive had strawberries and yoghurt this evening as I didnt fancy another meal :confused:
Not the best day but could have been far worse! Back to normal tomorrow :D

Back