Julie is here!!

had another bad day yesterday. life seems to be falling apart atm. had a big row with my other half and ended up kicking him out. not sure if i will take him back or not. going to see how things go for now. but on a good note as i am now depressed i dont eat so the weight should fall off lol.
still tired and dizzy but starting to feel a bit better than i was! day 5 of no ciggies today. so glad i didnt cave in yesterday.
going to force a slim fast shake down for brekie and will have one for dinner. the thought of food atm makes me feel sick!

Sorry you feel so bad atm but surely it will get better. What you are doing will be better in the long run for both you and the kids, stick with it and hope that all gets better soon x

hey forty, so sorry to hear your not feeling great atm. make sure you keep your chin up and do whats best for you and the kids. make sure you eat, you dont want to be ill on top of it all.
were all here for support
x

Wow missy, you remind me a little of me in that it's either all or nothing going on! I hope you're ok though and well done you on no ciggies, almost a week has gone by now. Hopefully the dizziness etc will soon start to get better as it leaves your body day by day. Please try to keep necking the shakes if nothing else as they've got vital vitamins etc in them so even if you don't feel up to food they will help to keep you sustained to a certain degree without having to eat as such. Not sure what the weather is like where you are but it's scorchio down in Lincs so i've been necking the sugar free squash like it's about to run out or something recently!! I guess it's all good though and it's essential to keep hydrated. My family say that the heat makes them less hungry and not want to eat. I wish i had that happen!! My appetite is still the damn same! LOL. Sending hugs matey, keep muckin in there :)

morning all. my little'un had me up at 5am so i am going to be a zombie for the rest of the day.
had a look on the scales today and they are the same as when i weighed in on tuesday. shouldnt expect a change really as ive been all over the place this week and stopping smoking lowers the metabolism. i said would be happy with a sts but would love to see a loss.
going to try and get some exercise in as i have also been slacking on that!
:character00116:

not too bad. still dont feel like eating so will have a third shake around 6pm. just trying to get my head around everything that has happened lately. fell asleep for over an hour this afternoon. got to snap out of it in a min as need to bath and bath the little'uns. i so cant be bothered to do anything. said i was going to exercise but i havnt done a thing today other than normal sorting the kids out stuff! :(

I imagine that kids can be fairly tiring though?? I don't have any so i'm no expert but they sure look to be tiring at times! And don't you be worrying about your lil nap this afternoon hun, i love an afternoon nap and lets be honest, sometimes you've just gotta grab it when you can at times when we've got our minds on so many things. Well done on making sure you're at least necking the shakes, you can then be safe in the knowledge you've at least had a fair few vitamins n minerals.

the kids do have me running around after them but its not exactly hard work! still think its the nicotine withdrawal thats making me so tired and dizzy and its also made my weightloss come to a stand still. weigh in tomorrow and i havnt lost an ounce. its odd as im not eating other than the shakes (will try food today and see how i feel) but i havnt exercised either and most of the time i am doing nowt but lazing about feeling sorry for myself!
i need a kick up the back side to be able to get on with things.

yesterday was a better day. i managed to eat properly. done a delicious stir fry and eat most of it.
didnt get any exercise done but i was running about fuelled on anger!
wasnt expecting to see a good change on the scales as its been one week today since giving up smoking and had a very stresfull week with no exercise but hey, ive managed to lose another 2lbs :D so i am very happy with that. i think i have over come the sleeping all the time and now gone into the insomnia mode as couldnt sleep last night and have been up since 4.30am this morning!
its very odd that yesterday morning when i weighed myself i was the same weight as i was last tuesday but in the space of around 20 hours i have lost 2lbs!!

Why do we drive ourselves mad keep getting on the scales, I know weight can vary loads each day , up and down, and I know we should only weigh once a week, so why is it I have to get on them every morning? I have tried putting the scales into the cupboard but just get them out again. Anyway have a good day, I expect you are having a wee dose on the sofa by now !!!

when i first started dieting back in march/april i used to weigh myself at least 3 times a day. managed to get it down to every other day but last week because i have been so stressed and given up smoking i am back to weighing every day. need to be extra careful as i know stopping smoking can add pounds on!
as for having a snooze lol no chance. just been to my daughters nursery school sports day. she did brilliant. she won 2 out of the 4 races she did. am very proud of her. :D
was expecting them to do a parents race but it didnt happen. oh well, at least i didnt have to embaress myself :D

Sometimes if our bodies aren't getting enough food as they're used to, maybe especially so since you quit smoking, they go into starvation mode and store everything that goes in. So maybe that's what was happening when you were just on the shakes and now your body knows it's getting food again it's happy to start losing again? :) My logic anyways, i had that happen a few times when i did CD last year.

WELL DONE ON YOUR WI!!!!!!! Congrats hun

thanks claire. i have noticed in the past when i dont eat i dont lose weight. its odd how it all works out isnt it?!
done myself a salad for tea tonight and i couldnt eat it. but i have had 2 shakes and fruit so no all bad!

Yeah it's strange isn't it hun. Just try to eat little n often if you're not feeling up to it. Maybe try a multivit too to ensure you're getting all your vits etc you need. Hugs hun x

morning all. had a very bad night sleep. my little'un decided to keep me awake between 12.30 and 4.35am. the problem is that i started to feel hungry around 2am so i had some left over stir fry. was good that i ate but not good being it the middle of the night. feel so tired now. its typical that he is still sleeping but i am awake as have to do the nursery run.
ive got a pub crawl party to go to on friday and dont know if i should go. its my friend but my ex was comming too and i dont want to go along and play the singlton as will be all couples. will also need a new outfit if i do go and i havnt got the heart or energy to go shopping. im 75% certain i wont go.
i think my tast buds have changed since i stopped smoking. i used to like all the slim fast shakes but now i am disliking all of them. had the forrest one yesterday and it was YUK. the only shake i like atm is the cafe latte one but i have run out and its never in the normal supermarkets. my nearest boots is miles away in town so cant get hold of it. boooo

still got loads of the strawberry left and im hoping to bulk buy if they go on offer again!
i had a blow out last night. was in a couldnt be bothered to cook mood so had chip shop. i had cod in batter and a savoloy. (dont really like chips) also had loads of tar tar sauce! going to be extra good today to try and make up for it! :(

Back