Julie's journey to lose her jelly belly on SS

JulesK81

:DHi there :wave_cry:

My name is Julie, I am a 28 (almost 29) year old housewife with two kiddies.

To cut a very long story short, after having two kiddies within ten months, my body is wrecked. I have tried every diet under the sun and cannot shift the six stone I put on.

I am unhappy, desperately unhappy, with my size - I long to be able to go shopping again - and enjoy! I want to be able to chase my 2 year old girl without getting out of breath and to walk up the stairs without my knees creeking.

Weigh in tonight with my CDC puts me at 16 stone 5. I start sole source tomorrow (Wed) and will have my weigh in Wednesday mornings.

Crikey, I am nervous, excited, worried... sceptical! Seriously, can I lose weight??? Can I survive on just over 400 cals a day? Jeez, I am dreading the feeling ill thing but it will be so so so worth it.

My husband is away until next Monday - I figured it'd be easier to start it without him here so I didn't have to cook him an evening meal!

My target outfit is my wedding dress - it is a size 12 but was taken in to pretty much a 10. Get back into my dress means I can renew my vows :D

I will write in here most days as it'll be the best way to get out all my frustration of wanting to eat. I bloody love eating!!!! But I love being slim more.

Thanks everyone for reading - sorry if I bore you, I do talk a lot of rubbish, which means I probably write it too!!!

GOALS:
Get through day one
Get into ketosis
Get through week one and first weigh in
Get into the 15 stones
Ideally lose 21lb by Christmas...

Hi - thanks Shanny - you look fab in your pic!

Well, morning one and already I have had to resist licking the lid of a yoghurt that my daughter had after her wheetabix!!!

I haven't eaten since yesterday lunch time, so am hoping I will get into ketosis quickly.

Will have my chocolate shake once I get back from taking Kayla to preschool and will then have porridge this afternoon, probably about 2.30.

I am actually doing this!! It is crazy - a new me will finally emerge and I am so excited!

HI Julie nice to meet you :)
You sound very positive , which I feel is the single thing which, will make you succeed in doing CD :) stay positive , see it as a way to a new you , when you feel hungry drink water .. and just remeber that after the first week it gets sooooo much easier and then the time will fly by and before you know it you will be in your wedding dress :)

Hi - thanks Shanny - you look fab in your pic!

Well, morning one and already I have had to resist licking the lid of a yoghurt that my daughter had after her wheetabix!!!

I haven't eaten since yesterday lunch time, so am hoping I will get into ketosis quickly.

Will have my chocolate shake once I get back from taking Kayla to preschool and will then have porridge this afternoon, probably about 2.30.

I am actually doing this!! It is crazy - a new me will finally emerge and I am so excited!
Thank you jules its all down to CD lol its the best and its good to read you are excited.x

I am positive - trying to be! Just had to resist more food in the supermarket... it is everywhere!

Am tucking into a chocolate tetra, **** me it is sweeeeeeeet! Honestly, I almost feel sick! Woohoo, not through one meal yet and already I feel naff. LOL, who cares, bring on ketosis and the fat burning.

I an so inpsired by all you fab people - you all look amazing!!! The thought of being a size 10/12 again is enough right now to push me through - and to be able to play with my little girl in the adventure play without worrying about getting my bum stuck!!

Hi Julie :) welcome! Everyone is lovely here and the diet is so much easier with their support. This diet is the best thing I have ever done and hopefully it will be the same for you!
Keep us updated on how you're getting on!

Hi Julie,

Just wanted to say hello and wish you good luck for your journey.

I'm loving your goals and am sure that you wil be hitting them in no time at all :)

x

Thanks guys, really appreciete it your support. I am so pleased I joined this forum, such lovely people!

It is now 3.15am here - my little boy woke me up at 1am and hasn't been back to sleep since. So has given me time to reflect inbetween dozing!!

Day one was brilliant really. I don't particularly like the chocolate tetra (too sweet) and the apple porrdge is just rank - never having again, only ate half of it! BUT my 'dinner' tonight was lush - butterscotch shake!!! Yay I have found something I actually like!

Not been hungry today at all, no headaches, etc, which cos I haven't really eaten since Tuesday lunch time surprised me. I have had the odd shakey moment/lightheadedness and I did feel a bit queasy after the tetra but nothing more. Hoping it continues like this!

Got a yukky taste in my mouth already so am hoping to be in very early stages of ketosis, although unlikely at this stage I guess!!

Weighed myself, very happy with day one!!! What I lose in 14 days on a normal healthy eating diet I have lost in a day!

I am so so excited about being slim again - bit worried about if I am gonna have loose skin, etc, but then I would much rather have that and look good fully clothed, rather than just look bloody horrible full stop!!!

Thanks again guys - by the way, I know I don't post in anyone's diaries yet offering support, but I just wanted to say that I do lurk and have read many of them - you are ALL a huge inspiration, so well done!

Hi sugar!

Welcome to the forum!

Well done for getting this far, alot of people don't get to where you are so that's an achievement in itself!

What a gorgeous goal! Me and hubby are renewing our vows next year ad we missed our frat wedding anniversary (Sunday just gone) as he is in afghan, so we are celebration by going to Gretna green to get married again! Won't e wearing my wedding dress As I was 7 months pregnant so while yours was getting taken in - mine was being let out!!

Enjoy your Cambridge journey hun it really makes a difference to smile through each day, keep your goal in mind and don't give up - no matter what xxxxx

Lauren - I have been reading your diary! You amaze me how you can do this diet with your hubby away - but what a great incentive, him seeing a new you when he comes home.

I am struggling now, the vanilla shake was so yummy but I am now getting the symptoms of going into ketosis - light headache, just feel generally weak and tired, bit shakey... just weird. It is a horrible feeling actually and the thought of not eating is so daunting! But I also feel rubbish through having no sleep last night, so that won't be helping things.

I can't believe weigh in is still six days away - it seems like a lifetime. It is all I can think about.

Must get through this... and I will!

Morning all! So it is the start of day three - still 100% and feeling raring to go!

I weighed myself this morning and 6lb has gone in two days - not sure how this compares to others??? Is this the norm? I am wanting a monster loss next Wednesday cos I miss eating (although I don't feel hungry at all, weird!).

So, I am freezing cold, have a weird taste in my mouth and feel a little lightheaded - hoping this is the onset of the BIG K!

Had the toffee and walnut shake for dinner last night - was yummy but I would prefer a little more toffee and a little less walnut! I actually struggle to drink all the shake - and I never finish it within 15 mins. It is so rich and filling that I just cannot do it! I get the majority of it down in that time though.

Wondering how much weight I can lose before Christmas, picturing myself looking and feeling fab. Bit worried about the whole eating thing with everything we have got coming up but will talk to my CDC about it all nearer the time. SHe said I could still eat if I wanted, but just sticking to protein and veg. That is fine, but I make the BEST roasties in the world - how will I resist those??

Hubby home on Monday, yay! But worried about telling him but I am sure once he sees I can actually do this and am happy, he will support me. I didn't want him watching over me for the first few days which is why I started with him in South Africa. By all accounts, he is having a blast out there - he was woken by a hippo at his window in the early hours of this morning! And he is now off to spend a well-earned day in Kruger National Park. Jealous - much!

I will be posting before pix at some point and making a proper list of goals etc - can anyone tell me how to edit all the info in the sidebar like weight, BMI, etc??? I try to get into my account to do it but it won't let me!

Good luck everyone - keep up the good work. God, why didn't I discover this diet sooner?!?!?

Hi Julie,
I just wanted to add my two pence worth and say you've made the best decision in choosing CD.
Once this first week is out of the way, time really does fly by and before you know it, 6 months will have flown by and you'll be back in that wedding dress.
You've done brilliantly already, day 3 tends to be a difficult one so get through today and i'm sure it will be plain sailing for you.
It sounds like you've got your head in the right place, just keep your targets at the forefront of your mind. :D

Hi Jules, and well done so far honey.

Just a quick bit of advice though, you should really drink all of your shakes as they give you the total nutrients etc you need for the day. If you are struggling, split the powder in half and only mix up half at a time and have 6 halves throughout the day x x

Well done on the 6lbs loss so far, you are really rocking and rolling x

Thanks ladies!

Yeah I have been told day 3 is the worst soI am making sure my head is in good place! My little boy is with his nanny until this afternoon and my little girl is off to preschool in the afternoon, so it helps not to have them both all day!

Cheryl, I do drink all the shake, I just never finish it in 15 minutes - that is a good idea actually to have 6 small 'meals' a day. I might try that, thanks! I have just seen you have lost 8 stone, amazing!!! Do you want to lose much more? How much was with Cambridge? God you are all so fab on here, I know it isn't easy but you make it look that way!

Now tucking into my vanilla shake, I call it my little bit of McDonalds!

I thought I had replied earlier but it has disappeared so am sorry if anything is repeated...

OK, so halfway into day three and you guys are so right, it HAS been the toughest. I am still not hungry, but I WANT to eat. I miss not doing it, but it just shows how much of a comfort I used to get from it. BAD JULIE - no more comfort eating.

I feel much weaker today - still OK, but just generally lacking in energy and feeling a bit lightheaded. However, I have just tested and I am well and truly in ketosis level 4 on the side of the pot (very dark pink but not dehydrated, yay!). I cannot tell you how happy I am cos now I can just picture a million little monsters eating my fat 24 hours a day.

Cheryl - I may try six smaller meals. I do drink them all, but it just takes me longer than the 15 minutes. It's amazing though, they are SO filling! I have noticed you have lost eight stone - a massive well done!

Do you know what, I am actually doing this and it isn't that bad. For all of us who struggle with weight - this just shows it IS mind over matter and a majority of us eat for reasons other than hunger. I know I do. But I really feel like this diet is already helping me break these bad habits. I actually think that this could be the best thing I have ever done. Moreso than losing weight ten years ago, as I never really retrained my brain. But then I maintained that loss until children, so I guess you could argue otherwise!

I am so excited about weigh in next week - just generally feel really excited for the first time in a long time. I am so pleased I started the week hubby is away. It gives me something to focus on while he isn't here (I hate him being gone!) and it is easier without having to cook him meals.

Although, I cooked my little girl steak pie, mash and 3 veg for her dinner at lunch time - I LOVE HOMEMADE PIE! I really struggled and it took all my might not to have any, but gosh I am SO proud now that I didn't. So proud!

For the first time since I bought my dress three years ago, I can see myself getting back into it. It is my 30th next year and I joked to hubby that we can renew our vows then if I can get back into it. Now it looks like it might happen. Yay me!

So now for my choc orange shake for 'lunch' and then off to do the housework... keeping busy and before I know it, I'll be a size 10 and GORGEOUS!

Well I am buzzing, 110% buzzing! I checked my tiddle and I have ketones - 0.4 so I am well and truly in ketosis!! I made it!! And I am now actually starting to feel really quite good - no symptoms apart from a bit of yukky breath and I feel alive.

I am so excited about what can happen on this diet. I am hoping my husband is going to get the old me back - the happy, confident me that hasn't been here for such a long, long time.

Choc orange I am in love with, delish! Just had leek and potato soup but not a huge fan - only managed half of it. Just couldn't stomach it. I seem to prefer the cold shakes to hot soups and porridge. So I will stick to what I like and look forward to week three and some yummy bars!

Just watching a rerun of the X Factor so I can watch Olly Murs - very sad for a married mummy of two, but I cannot get enough of him!

I cannot wait until my first weigh in - I hope I wll make hubby so proud as he and the kids are three reasons I am doing this - but I am the most important one. For the first time in a long time, this is for ME. And for me and my loved ones, I WILL DO THIS!

You're doing brilliantly.
You're more or less through the worst day and seem so positive.
Keep this attitude up and you'll be there in no time. :D

Hello jules,

Its me (valentine) - hello! Will reply properly elsewhere (he-he), but loving the diary!

Xxx

Back