July Starters!~! Time to rock and roll!!

Hi folks, I'm a July starter too. Started on 20th July and had my first weigh in on the 27th. I've lost 7lb. Trying not to be a bit disappointed with that, as the other two ladies lost 10lb and 11lbs. Especially as I stuck to it rigidly and they had milk in their tea/coffee lol.

Look forward to chatting to you all!

Hey Debbi, don't let their weightloss get you down. 7lbs in 1 week is amazing!! x

Welcome Debbi, I'm Debra and I started on the same day and I lost 8 in the first week. Don't compare your losses to others. Just sit back and think about it, that is half a stone gone, that's huge. That's a pound a day!
Celebrate every loss, I put up a ticker and its great to see it finally moving. If some weeks it will just moves a bit, it is still moving in the right direction. You will get to goal, some weeks it will be a leap and some weeks a little step, but keep going to get there.
btw I also stuck to it 100%, no milk in my tea and that is a big ask for me, but it is do-able. I keep picturing me in the clothes that are sitting in my closet. My first goal is to get back into my mid calf wellingtons, my final goal is to get knee high wellingtons lol. Wierd goal I know but just shows everybody follows their own journey.

Aw thanks guys...I know I'm just being daft :) I've stuck to the programme no problem. My only struggle is the milk in tea and coffee. I've topped up with cold water instead of milk and it seems to make a difference. Other than that, its been really easy. I like not having to think about what I'm going to eat.

Oh btw, I've got the ticker, I just dont know how to post it. Can someone tell me please? Also, I tried to put my weight info on, but there was a problem with inputting my height...any ideas?

Thanks guys...I know I'm going to love this board xx

Hi,
At the top of the page there is a link to tutorials and there is an excellent explanation there for the ticker.
I'm 5'5" so I had to put 65 inches in the stats for height. Took me ages to get it to save and display.

Hi,
At the top of the page there is a link to tutorials and there is an excellent explanation there for the ticker.
I'm 5'5" so I had to put 65 inches in the stats for height. Took me ages to get it to save and display.

Doh! I'm 5'5" as well, so I can just copy yours. Thanks Debra :D

Hi Deb :) Welcome!!

I too miss my milk in coffee - so what I do is use 1 vanilla pack split three ways (roughly) and have 3 frothy white coffees every day that I feel I am missing it too much. It really helps! Have you tried this yet? :)

Thank you!

I love the vanilla pack with a spoonful of coffee in it. I hadnt thought about splitting into 3. I dont know if I could manage that. I mean, I have breakfast at 7, lunch at 12.30, dinner at 5.30 then supper at 9. I guess you dont have supper but have 3 'lattes' throughout the day? Hmmm, will have to think about doing that. I have been enjoying a bar at 9 with a cuppa or a 'latte'.

Yeah I could not split up my packs this way until I was really well in to Ketosis. Once you are, and for me to really be imbedded in it takes about 3 weeks. I know I am in it after 4 or 5 days, but really feel the full amazing effects after about 3 weeks.

Then, as I am now, I pretty much save all of my packs for evening. At least 3. Sometimes I have a bar at about 11 with black coffee other times I skip it and have all 4 at night. Makes for a lot of variety and leaves me an allowance easily for my coffees. :D

In time we all find a way that works best for us - no right or wrong! But it is nice if you are a coffee fiend like I am!!! lol

x

Funny my llc said it didnt matter when you had the packs and that you could have them all at the same time if you wanted. I just couldnt imagine that happening...too worried about being really hungry lol.

I look forward to being in full ketosis.

Hurrah! My next door neighbour just told DD that she sees a big difference in me. She didnt want to say anything to me earlier when we were chatting in the street as my aunt was there and she knows that I havent told the family. NN (nice neighbour) has been really supportive. One of her colleagues has lost loads with LL, so she didnt react with horror!!

Blonde Logic, can I ask you...I think you said in another thread that exercise can be counter productive. Do you think it depends on the individual? I'm really scared of being left with lots of loose skin :eek:

Deb, great you have so much support from NN. My supervisor has lost on Cambridge Diet so she is really supportive of me doing LL. So nice to have some support instead of having to explain, 'yes its healthy', 'yes I do need to do this', 'no I thank you I can't have...a chocolate, a biscuit, a piece of bread, etc', 'no I'm not hungry and I don't feel weak or tired'.
Did you get the car?

Hi Debbie :)

Light exercise is said to be fine - what you need to be careful of is aggressive exercise. If you start doing real calorie burning exercises the body when in ketosis sees this as a perceived "drought" and stops burning fat - saving it as reserves to get the body through the perceived drought - if that makes sense. So it stops burning fat. Which is a bad thing.

Toning exercise is said to be fine....just not to o verdue it excessively.

If you were very active before LL you have more leeway with this as yourbody is already somewhat used to it, but otherwise, keep it to a moderate level.

I hope that helps. :)
x

Deb, great you have so much support from NN. My supervisor has lost on Cambridge Diet so she is really supportive of me doing LL. So nice to have some support instead of having to explain, 'yes its healthy', 'yes I do need to do this', 'no I thank you I can't have...a chocolate, a biscuit, a piece of bread, etc', 'no I'm not hungry and I don't feel weak or tired'.
Did you get the car?

I know...I've been very selected about who I've told. Something I probably need to work on. And yes, I picked up the car yesterday. DD nearly passed out with excitement...who says treats need to be food based :D

Hi Debbie :)

Light exercise is said to be fine - what you need to be careful of is aggressive exercise. If you start doing real calorie burning exercises the body when in ketosis sees this as a perceived "drought" and stops burning fat - saving it as reserves to get the body through the perceived drought - if that makes sense. So it stops burning fat. Which is a bad thing.

Toning exercise is said to be fine....just not to o verdue it excessively.

If you were very active before LL you have more leeway with this as yourbody is already somewhat used to it, but otherwise, keep it to a moderate level.

I hope that helps. :)
x

It does thanks. I've started doing bodybalance, which is a toning type class and also legs, bums and tums. However, legs, bums and tums ended up being very energetic last night. Worried that I'm doing the wrong thing. I'm starting bodypump tonight, which is also toning. Did you have loose skin at all?

Mornign peeps!@! Well - we made it through July! First month I've shed 22 pounds already!!

That is absolutely fantastic. Well done!!!

I just realised I am 1/3 of the way done!!!! Almost to the peak, then its all downhill from there!!! Roll on!!!!!!! :D
Wow BL, that is incredible. What a huge loss for one month, and you are well on your way...:woohoo:

How excited are you about tomorrow's weigh in eatlikeabird? I'm very excited.

Also, the local MP is visiting my work tomorrow and there will be photos taken :wave_cry: And a press release. And the photos in the local paper. I dont suppose I'll wake up 3 stones lighter? :argh:

Back