July's Exercise Challenge

StephCracknell

Silver Member
Morning all, can't believe it's the 1st of July!!! Who's up for the exercise challenge?

I pledge to run 3x a week and to get out on my bike 1x a week (or go walking), anything else is a bonus.

x

Me!

Aqua class twice a week, swimming once a week and 2 miles of walking every week day.

Not sure if I'm going to the baths tonight though, as I have sciatica so not sure what to do :cry:

Morning
A beautiful July morning here in Wirral.:character00238:
I am up for the challenge: Will carry on at the gym - 2 more weeks on my complimentary gym pass also going to walk or cycle a few nights - won't be able to complete the whole month as we go on holiday to the beautiful island of Zakynthos on 27th July but will try really hard until then.:cool:
Irene

My Challenge for July? To get my 5k run to 30 mins! At present I can do it in 32.5 on the treadmill which is a reasonable time but would love to hit the 30 min mark. Plan to run at the Queen Mothers Reservoir 5k in two weeks time, not too sure I will be at 30 mins then but under 35 on run outside would be good.

that's good time Lindam!! I did race for life this weekend (5K) and it took me 40 mins! My husband said it looked like I was in slow motion! LOL

x

Hi all I am going to join too but I am having to start smaller i'm afraid. I will walk for 30mins every week day (during my lunch break) and for 60 mins intense walking at weekend (60mins Saturday and 60mins Sunday). I am also planning to do 100 reps of free weights at home every day to combat bingo wings and 50 tummy crunchs per night.

hi,is it ok if i join in??:)
i pledge to walk every day for 45 minutes.
emma.
xxx

StephCracknell - Run - 3x week, bike/walk 1x
Sophs – Aqua class 2x week, swimming 1x week, 2 miles walking M-F
Irene – Walk/cycle 3 x week
Lindam – Run 5K in 30 mins
30FlirtyGirl – Walk 30 mins M-F, Walk 60 mins Sat & Sun, Free weights & tummy crunches
Red11 – Walk 45 mins every day

Just the usual for me, 5-6 hours martial arts broken down as:

Monday karate (1 hour) kickboxing (1 hour)
Tuesday Rest!
Wednesday karate (1 hour)
Thursday karate (1 hour) kickboxing (1 hour)
Some Friday's Kickboxing (1 hour)

I do nothing on the weekend!

AIM: play golf once a week.

...and if i don't managed golf i will try do 2 sessions at the driving range.

...for my weight 18 holes of golf (3.5hours) burns around 2400 calories!!! GREAT OR WHAT? :D

may throw the odd swim in here and there, but no promises!!!

StephCracknell - Run - 3x week, bike/walk 1x
Sophs – Aqua class 2x week, swimming 1x week, 2 miles walking M-F
Irene – Walk/cycle 3 x week
Lindam – Run 5K in 30 mins
30FlirtyGirl – Walk 30 mins M-F, Walk 60 mins Sat & Sun, Free weights & tummy crunches
Red11 – Walk 45 mins every day
Taz - 5-6 hours martial arts per week
Zenabob2105 - Wii fit 30 mins 4x week
Mod-Karen79 - Golf 1x week or 2 sessions at the driving range

Aim to cycle at least 30 minutes x 2 a week
Walk the dog at least 45minutes 3 x a week and do Air Glider 30 minutes x 3 a week.
That on top of work and housework !!:eek:

OK, mine is 2 gym sessions, 1 swim and 1 walk (2 miles at lunchtime, I normally get a lunchbreak on a Friday & also work in an office near a lake on Fridays so there's no excuse!)

Hi

Quick update on the 5k running goal to be under 30 mins - Tuesday this week I did it in 32.5 - today 31.5, so on target at the moment! Hurrah!

Well done Linda!

I'm on track - went for a walk last night, and gym night before. Will swim tonight, then do one gym session at some point over the weekend.

I am on track to. Did a total of 50 mins moderate walking yesterday and free weights. This morning did tummy crunches and free weights, will be walking at lunch and second set of weights and tummy crunches tonight.

Sounds like we are all doing well - and this is only the first week of the July challenge!! Fantastic...

1 lot of cycling done today.. not bad seeing as though Ive just done 2 x 12.5 hour night shifts, finished at 8 am this morning .. not slept yet .. not looking too pretty tho!!:p

im aiming for 3long gym sessions a week however some weeks i will only manage 2 due to other things going on.

Back