Julz journey to a thinner me!

Julz journey to a thinner me

Thank you for your logic Hannah and LadyT, this is a bizarre journey, sometimes it seems rationale has gone out of my head altogether. I know I know what I should be doing, and what I should be thinking, but sometimes, I just don't know.!:confused:
I think the hardest part for me at the moment, is the speed at which my emotions change, and how quickly I can be not thinking about food and then suddenly its everywhere, on tv, in my head, thoughts............ I don't think I am craving the food, just thinking about it????????/:confused:

LL is all consuming, walked over to the shops yesterday to buy a gift for my friend who's birthday it is today, walking around I decided to look at smaller clothes and dream, set goals etc which I quite enjoyed. Then found myself suddenly aware that this is ALL I'm thinking about, every waking moment, I need to get a life!:sigh:

Day 31
Slept a bit better last night, room still spinning when I move, but the tablets are helping. Headache, earache and toothache, taken paracetamol so should ease up. Had a lie in, bliss.

Given myself a kick up the back side, and feel a little different today,n going to try (need to, want to, must do) some homework for the course I am taking, have been struggling to get focussed on it, not sure why as I was so keen at the start and I know I can achieve it.

Still not going to the loo (no 2) often enough, twice a week, so took dulco in the hope of an improvement, feeling bloated and gassy. Drinking lots of sparkling water with fruits of the forest which is lovely, I'm sure that's not helping the noisy belly, but sparkling is easier to get down.

Decided not feeling well enough to go to my friend's 50th birthday meal tonight, each time I move out of my chair, or move my head even, the room swims and the nausea starts again.

Be back later with an update of how its gone today, looking forward to WI tomorrow, I think! The group session as well, I have filled in my book.

Jx

Later day 31
Feeling a bit better, didn't do any homework, just sat for most of the day.
No cravings, or anything today which is great. Have had a headache most of the day, think it is linked to my ear infection, 3 more days of antibiotics.
Strangely I feel really bloated and hope that I have lost something at tomorrow's weigh in, I'm not sure at all. I have been 100%, so logically should have lost, not sure what affect the medication will have.............

Sorted out birthday gift for my daughter in law, afternoon tea at The Ritz, London. It will be at the end of November, so by then I will be off LLT and maybe on maintenance, so will be able to enjoy, will make smart choices either way.
I could be a size 12 or dare I say a 10 by then? Wow, that would be great. Holiday in September is my main goal, to be able to look slim in summer dresses rather than have to cover up, that will be a result.

Off to bed now as I am still really tired, had hoped to be able to start exercising this week, but will wait another week, don't want to push it while my head is still wobbly!:sigh:

Good luck to all for WI
Jx

Sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly. Hard to find the motivation to do anything when your head is banging. Illness and antibiotics can slow weight loss, so dont be put out if you dont loose as much as expected. Body can play tricks and hold on to water.

Heal well. xx

Thanks Clara, it was a disappointing 2lbs at WI today, it does make sense about the water retention, I have felt bloated all week and have hardly moved out of my chair for fear of falling over! The tablets are kicking in and I am on the mend.

Good luck everyone this week, may we all be 100%
Jx

Hey, 2lbs is still a good loss, I have had a number of 2lb weeks they soon add up.

Glad you are feeling a little better xx

Amen to that sweetie x

Julz... firstly, I've had consistant 2lb losses for pretty much my whole LL journey and to be honest... initially was down about it as had a goal date in mind and clearly wasn't gonna make it... but I re-evaluated, was reminded by all the fab peeps on here how a loss is a loss!... :) and now here I am, 60lbs down and on my last stretch!... So don't feel down hunny... it's going in the right direction and does add up, trust me! ;)

Also, you mention about feeling bloated... It's a possibility that the water flavourings are responsible for this hun... They contain quite a lot of fruit fibre which can make you gassy and gurgley, and ultimately bloated! They didn't agree with me at all so no longer use them... It's tough as don't like water on it's own, but it's preferable to the side effects from the water flavourings, so I cut them out!

It might be worth trying 3 days without them, as this would be long enough to see any improvments/changes as a result I reckon... Just a suggestion, but have mentioned it to a few people on here in the past who complained of bloating in the same way... and turned out it was the culprit for them too...

Hope that helps anyway... and hope you're feeling better soon! :D

xx

Day 35
Stopped the water flavourings today, thanks Pinkie :D, no burbling tummy and def not so bloated, which has surprised me that it would take longer, no more flavourings for me!

Average sort of day today, decided that I will get a Wii fit at the weekend, there are some good deals on at the moment for preowned ones, hope this will spur me on to exercise, at the moment I am walking in and out to work, but have slowed down due to vertigo. One more day of antibiotics, swimmy head is a bit better, not happening so much when I go to bed, but not gone completely.

Bought some new candles today and have just had a lovely long soak, my priorities are also changing, it seems all about me at the moment and sod everything else! Probably not a bad thing.

Still have earache and bit of a headache but definitely on the mend.

Getting used to the taste of water, :sigh: using Brita filtered water which does not taste so chemically.

Bought some broth on Sunday, quite like it, but will work out expensive, not as bad as the flavourings at £9.20 a pot!

Not thinking about food so much the last day or so which is an improvement.:D

Good luck with WI everyone!
Jx

Aw its good you are on the mend, look after yourself hun :)xx

Good to see you are looking after yourself. Keep it up xx

I'd kill for a 2lb loss hun! It's coming off that'sthe main thing!
Hope you're feeling better now:)

Thanks Clara and Madga, yes I am feeling a lot better and more human, still have a wobbly head some of the time, but on the mend, which is great news, last day of antibiotics tomorrow, hooray!

Day 36
Stayed off the water flavourings again today, definitely not so bloated, and noisy tummy is very quiet!

Feeling quite upbeat today which is great, had a better day at work, hooray! :)Yesterday was quite stressful.
Had another long soak in the bath, with lovely candles, which I enjoyed very much.
Breakfast - yummy vanilla shake
Lunch - half mushroom soup and half a bar
Tea - same
Supper - chilli con carne

Bit disappointed that LLC has run out of shepherds pie and wont have any before the end of the month as it was so popular, but they will be back.

Off to check out other diaries
Jx

Aw glad you are feeling better hunny xx

Day 39

Vertigo/swimmy head much better today, probably 80% gone, finished antibiotics, but still taking the anti swimmy head tablets and disgusting nose spray.

Almost halfway through the initial 100 days, so pleased I have stuck this diet, all others I would have caved in by now, not craving food or jealous of others eating, hope it lasts!:)

Decided yesterday, that I would get up nice and early today and go swimming in the Hydro therapy pool, I have not been since starting LLT and want to start back on exercising. Also, Saturday, (yesterday) I bought a refurbished Wii and WiFit, plan to get on it later when its all charged up. Also bought Lets Dance, while I am getting carried away.............:D

Sunday, got up early and went to the pool, had a lovely long jacuzzi for 20 minutes then into the pool. It was like heaven, water so so warm. Last time I went I managed 20 lengths ( small pool, 13 metre length) in total as well as the exercises for frozen shoulders and knee replacement.

Today I pushed myself and did 60 lengths :D, didn't think I could, broke it down into 10 lengths per stroke, crawl, back stroke and breast stroke. Absolutely amazed I could carry on, before I would have had to stop as out of breath!! Quite chuffed!!

Went back into the jacuzzi for another 20 minutes, note to self, go early every week!!! As I enjoy it so much.

I am still really really tired all the time (30 years) , but have more energy:confused:

Went to WI, lost 3lbs, happy with the loss, up one from last week. Definitely not had enough water today :sigh: as I have been out and about.

At class, got a real boost, one of the other girls, made a comment when I got up that the jeans I had on looked as if I was playing dress up from behind as they are soooooooo baggy from behind! These are my favourite jeans ( change that were favourites....) and the same ones I wore on sign up. It really did make me smile and put a grin on my face :cool:

At class today had a good look through 2 of the LL recipe books, they look good, expensive at £14 each but will get them, its all about portion control and balancing protein which I have to admit I am ignorant of.

Stopped in at my friends house to see their baby, she's gorgeous, it was her Christening last week, which I could not make, but I bought her a pretty little engraved silver bracelet, they gave me to commemorative candles with little sweet dolly's hanging on them, hard to describe but lovely.

Last night I started to read the Becks Diet book, workbook, it all seems to make sense. Must start it properly today.

All in all quite an upbeat day, hope to have another one tomorrow!!

Good luck everyone for this week, stay strong!

You are doing so well lovely!

I know what you mean about sticking to this diet, I never stuck to any others apart from mega years ago I did lose about 3 stone, kept it off for years then I think I spiralled into despair due to my relationship. Just started eating and never really stopped!

Its lovely getting compliments, silly really but sometimes others notice before we do! xx

Thanks LadyT, it was lovely to hear, I already had to put a belt on, but did not realise it showed from behind!
Need to pick a new favourite jeans now, from my wardrobe of many unworn ones!
Have you looked at the LL cookery books? They do seem to have some lovely ideas and easy to do too!
Jx

Hiya, no not seen the cookery books but I do intend on investing in some when I am ready for RTM. It will encourage me to stick to the right portion sizes and also give me options other than I would normally go for, I think I get bored with the same basic meals which then leads me to pic at snacks! xx

Well done that woman. Coped with being poorly, gone swimming, baggy jeans and weight loss. Whoooooooo hooooo! Nice one.

Keep trucking honey. Onwards and downwards x

Back