Julz journey to a thinner me! :)

Julz journey to a thinner me :)

Day 76

Started the day with LTT full program again today, which went ok. Strangely over the last couple of days I have been somewhat short of breath when I am in the shower and afterwards, been taking my asthma medication again to see if it helps and also took it tonight. Will monitor in case it does not stop.

My right calf feels as if I have pulled a muscle, its very sore, started a couple of days ago, almost feels like cramp:confused:
Did a brisk walk to work as well, using my pedometer so will record the figures on here as well.

Monday 9300 steps
Tuesday 11700 steps

Had a strange day at work, I am really short tempered with certain people, who take great pleasure in controlling the world! My boss is away and one person in particular is driving me mental! Thinks she can pick and choose when she does things, even though the delay causes major impacts on my role and therefore other people, she is a control freak.
Felt like bopping her on the nose today! I didn't obviously, however, it has gone on for so many years, my boss does not do anything about it, just 'has a word'!

I have been thinking about looking for a new job for some time, one of the things that has held me back is my size, confidence etc. I have started to do something about it, I have joined a local network group last week, and ended up becoming 'Publicity Officer!' I'm off to London in 2 weeks for an induction day, I am hopeful this will lead to something more :cool::)

Seem to have twisted my knee, it's the one I had replaced 18 months ago, hope it settles down. Need to take some anti inflammatory tablets, so will email LLC shortly to check.

Well, off to peep around, and another early night, weather warm, I'm still cold!!!!!

Good luck with everyone's WI this week.
Jx

Oh dear you are in the wars hun, take it easy and no scrapping with your workmates lol xxx

oh dear hope things settle down for you.Take care and try not to overdo things.
cathy

Day 76

Started the day with LTT full program again today, which went ok. Strangely over the last couple of days I have been somewhat short of breath when I am in the shower and afterwards, been taking my asthma medication again to see if it helps and also took it tonight. Will monitor in case it does not stop.

My right calf feels as if I have pulled a muscle, its very sore, started a couple of days ago, almost feels like cramp:confused:
Did a brisk walk to work as well, using my pedometer so will record the figures on here as well.

Monday 9300 steps
Tuesday 11700 steps

Had a strange day at work, I am really short tempered with certain people, who take great pleasure in controlling the world! My boss is away and one person in particular is driving me mental! Thinks she can pick and choose when she does things, even though the delay causes major impacts on my role and therefore other people, she is a control freak.
Felt like bopping her on the nose today! I didn't obviously, however, it has gone on for so many years, my boss does not do anything about it, just 'has a word'!

I have been thinking about looking for a new job for some time, one of the things that has held me back is my size, confidence etc. I have started to do something about it, I have joined a local network group last week, and ended up becoming 'Publicity Officer!' I'm off to London in 2 weeks for an induction day, I am hopeful this will lead to something more :cool::)

Seem to have twisted my knee, it's the one I had replaced 18 months ago, hope it settles down. Need to take some anti inflammatory tablets, so will email LLC shortly to check.

Well, off to peep around, and another early night, weather warm, I'm still cold!!!!!

Good luck with everyone's WI this week.
Jx

So sorry hun, I could have sworn I'd posted in your diary. I was infuriated by what that idiot got ...thats in no way pays for what he did. The law is an ass. We hear of so many people getting away with dangerous driving. I mean we have accidents but thsi was dangerous driving. Cars should be classed as lethal weapons. Makes me soooooooooo mad! :mad:

Sorry to rant ...oopsie!

Well done on the publicity officer hun ...brilliant. Think Clarabow is experiencing issues in teh job dept. Funny how as we lose the weight our confidence grows and we become less tolerant of issues we would normally brush under the carpet lol.

Hope the knee gets better huni

xxxx

Thanks Jules, it is infuriating, I'm going to send a letter this weekend to the Justice Minister and have a rant myself! I'm off to see my friend in Salisbury tomorrow, he and his wife astound me at their positive attitude and resilience.
Knee feeling a little better, I have rested most of the week, just walking and Lateral Thigh Trainer which is non impact.

I agree about the confidence etc, as you say Clara is experiencing similar issues, so updating CV this weekend, and just start dipping my toe in the water. I'm looking forward to the Publicity Officer part! Expanding my network, hopefully it will lead to something else.

Jx

I feel a lot better bout the job front now I have acknowledged what I am going through is crap, that it wont change and that I need to move. Applications the next step now, when two of the jobs I fancy come up.

Siezing the day ladies, siezing the day x

I feel a lot better bout the job front now I have acknowledged what I am going through is crap, that it wont change and that I need to move. Applications the next step now, when two of the jobs I fancy come up.

Siezing the day ladies, siezing the day x

Great news for you Clara, you have had the light bulb moment, and now you can plan! I'm at the stage where I know I need to move job on so many levels, not sure what I want to do, or what I can do, crooked thoughts creep in, not sure I'm up to anything at times and other times flying with confidence :confused::confused:

Grrrrrr my boss has just textd me about work, its 10.20pm!!!!!! Friday!!!!!!!!:mad:

Go and seize the day!!!
Jx

That is harassment ! Switch ur phone off unless ur on call x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Its my personal phone, and no not on call! Liberties being taken! I need to remember all the extras like this!
Been told this week no payrise this year for anyone, even though I was promised one in Januar when I told my boss I was looking for another job and I'm off. That was one if the reasons I stayed!
So back to plan Me! I think its time to bite the bullett ( can't bite any food!) and do it!!
Jx

Bite his head off ! Far more productive. Some people really take the p***. It's good to start the ball rolling to moving on. I think we do look more professional when we are at a smaller size, so it does have an impact on our confidence. As much as I hate to say that.

This to will pass lovely xx

Time to put your foot down Julz. You are not a doormat. You have to get that message out there. Okay, so change your work boundaries. Your boss will be shocked at first, but will then hopefully regard you with renewed respect and remember why he offered you the job.
I know it's easy to suggest what other people should do - only you know your situation - so feel free to ignore me!
Happy job hunting................................

Time to put your foot down Julz. You are not a doormat. You have to get that message out there. Okay, so change your work boundaries. Your boss will be shocked at first, but will then hopefully regard you with renewed respect and remember why he offered you the job.
I know it's easy to suggest what other people should do - only you know your situation - so feel free to ignore me!
Happy job hunting................................

Thanks SB, sometimes I find I get to rock bottom, work wise, then start looking around and it gets a bit better at work, but it's a cycle.
I had some major issues towards the end of last year, which ended in me telling my Director I was looking for a new job, we had 3 meetings altogether, and in the last one I gave her a letter, as I found it difficult to express myself with her responses always working back to her. It was supposed to be about me!
Anyway, there were some more promises made which have not been fulfilled.
This time, it's different, I think it was always a bit like dieting, going in cycles, but with LL it has been different, I am in control, so this time the job hunting is on with a vengeance. One of the major stumbling blocks for me is lack of confidence in what I do, my job role is very mixed and non specific, so I am not sure outside my company what I can do? Am I good enough? Who would want me? etc etc

However, I have recently joined a committee, and have been made Publicity Officer, which was funny when I told my Director, she said 'what you, you don't like doing things like that, are you sure you can do it?' :mad:
Which says a lot really! She bigs me up to clients, Julz this Julz that, loads of responsibilities etc, but not really recognition.
You are right along with a couple of good friends who have been nagging me for the last few years to get a life! Don't let her take advantage...............

Jx

Day 81
Seem to be fast approaching the 100 day mark, which is incredible, I am pleased and proud of myself for sticking to LL. I had another clear out of my wardrobes on Friday night, trying on stuff that I have hardly worn, and now its either too big or fits now, which is great. The Prospect shop has benefited again! In fact some crop jeans I bought 2 years ago, and could not wear at all last year, I put on today for the first time, I needed a belt to keep them up, so happy :D
Soon I'm going to need to get some new clothes, can't wait!!

Have felt a bit light headed for the past few days, and had my check up today, blood pressure was a little low, so have decided to ease off on some of the exercising to see if that helps.

Did my LTT program this morning and feel it is benefiting me, my shape is changing. Lost 3lbs this week at WI today, happy with that.

When I got home, I checked my book and it is milk week this week, not sure what to do, it was not discussed at class. Checked my journey book which shows how much to take so I will buy some tomorrow.

It is 10 weeks till my holiday, so I am trying to focus on that. I have been looking at clothing, did buy one top 2 weeks ago in a size 14, it is gorgeous and was in the sale. There is so much to think about and look at, I have never even been into some of the shops, they have such pretty clothes, I can't wait till I need to go and buy some!

At swimming this morning, there is a bit of a charity shop, and this morning there was a lovely long tie died dress. I did not have my glasses on and could not see the size, so I held it up and thought, I will get it, and get into to it for my holiday, or maybe in a few weeks. When I got home, I tried it on to see how tight it would be and it fits! Talk about perception issues!

Heartburn a little easier, I have worked it out, I only get it when I have the chilli or shepherds pie packs at work, (could be stress), so going to live with it. Bought mostly shakes for this week.

Still have my wobbly head, about 25% at the moment, still taking the tablets, have to go back to GP next week for a follow up.

Feeling quite upbeat and positive, new things on the horizon, and changes are coming, I feel it very strongly, not just LL, but work too.

Good luck to everyone with this week, and enjoy the sunshine!
Jx

Positive post Julz, fair play. Well done you. I can relate to the same cycle thing as you in work. Gets really bad then improves. OVerall though pretty grim without much change. Your boss sounds a lot like mine. Little things that really belittle you and make you feel like you have been taken totally for granted. Then the odd bone of praise to make you think well it aint so bad ! Bah Humbug to them !

Cant face my wardrobe yet. Have a lot of it all big big sizes which have accumulated over the years. Going to put them away in bags for the time being as I need a little more faith in my ability to keep on loosing and to keep it off. Self belief is getting there, but I am a belt and braces girl. Hope for the best plan for the worst.

Good to focus on the goal of the holiday. Mine is the 50 days and then a weekend off :)

Have a great week x

Positive post Julz, fair play. Well done you. I can relate to the same cycle thing as you in work. Gets really bad then improves. OVerall though pretty grim without much change. Your boss sounds a lot like mine. Little things that really belittle you and make you feel like you have been taken totally for granted. Then the odd bone of praise to make you think well it aint so bad ! Bah Humbug to them !

Cant face my wardrobe yet. Have a lot of it all big big sizes which have accumulated over the years. Going to put them away in bags for the time being as I need a little more faith in my ability to keep on loosing and to keep it off. Self belief is getting there, but I am a belt and braces girl. Hope for the best plan for the worst.

Good to focus on the goal of the holiday. Mine is the 50 days and then a weekend off :)

Have a great week x

Thanks Clara, good luck with your plan of 50 days, it seems quite achievable and a really big milestone for you. I set my 100 days quite fliply at the beginning, never imagining that I could and would achieve it, although I hoped I would.

Our minds do play such horrible tricks on us, keep strong and your belief in yourself will get stronger.
Jx

Day 83

Had a couple of strange days, again..... It's milk week for me, which I only found out when I got home from group on Sunday night, so I started with semi skimmed milk yesterday evening, mixed most of it with my last shake of the day, and saved a bit for a cup of tea which I had been dreaming about since starting LLT. The shake was OK, thought it would be too creamy, but had mixed it with water so alright. Had a cuppa, which did not taste as nice as I thought it would.

Reading the LL book, it says you might get hungry on milk week, so already psychologically my brain is thinking I will be hungry!

Didn't sleep very well, it has been so warm, felt a bit grumpy again at work, child like???

Today at work the others ordered a cooked breakfast, in various disguises, it smelled lovely, even the bacon and I'm vegetarian!
I am happy to report I opened the window and put my head down, and carried on regardless.!! Brain/thoughts were telling me I thought I was hungry, had another drink, focussed on where I am with the program and it worked. :D

Came home from work today, and keeping the momentum going, decided to try on some jeggings I bought 2 years ago on holiday that I never managed to get into. I wanted to try them on tonight to see how much more I need to lose before I can get into them, a couple of other pairs of jeans I never even got to wear as they were suddenly too big when I tried them on. :)

Well, I tried them on and they fit! They really are lovely and when I bought them I 'hoped' one dy they would fit, I had quite forgotten they were in my wardrobe, I'm really happy!
They won't fit for long so going to wear them as much as possible:D:rolleyes:

Have another bag of clothes to go to the charity shop, I only have a few clothes left that fit me, and one more pair of jeans that are still too small, not much though.

I went to Primarni today, they have a sale on and I bought a couple of bits for my holiday size 14 and 12, which is the size I think I should be by the time I go on holiday. Tried them on and they fit at a stretch so think they will be ok, they are stretchy tops. They are sale items a couple of pounds each, so not too bothered if they don't fit for too long. I was a bit worried by September the shops would not have any lightweight summer stuff left.

Decided to split my last shake into 2 tonight as I have been finding it too much in one sitting, I mix it with ice and water so it is like a mcdonalds milkshake and is lovely! But I have ended up with a tummy ache a couple of times, definitely will be doing that again!
Tummy very loud again today, have decided to switch from sparkling water from tomorrow to go with the water flavourings.

Exercise
Monday full lateral thigh trainer exercise
6500 steps
Tuesday
11000 steps
Swiss ball 5 minutes

Hope everyone has a great week, with great losses.:p
Jx

Day 84

Had a lovely long bath again last night, candles and bubblebath, and a good book, just great.
Noticed last night as I was soaking that the thread veins on my legs are much better than before LL, in fact they have nearly disappeared! Which is another bonus for LL.

Note to self, don't sit in the bath for too long admiring legs, and the fact that there is room around my arse, with the plug pulled out! Water drains away, then stuck trying to get out, can't kneel on right knee that is the knee replacement! :rolleyes:

Busy/chilled day at work, have picked up a new coping strategy, I can do what I can do, everything else can wait, or not get done!
It seems to be having a positive impact on my brain, now actively looking for a new role! It will come I am convinced of that.:)

Toes are nearly healed after I dropped the shelf on them last Friday,
Heartburn seems to have gone this week, think it could be as it is milk week. Quite enjoying having a cup of tea, hope I don't have withdrawal issues next week. Still extremely tired all the time, going for an early night.

Going for a quick peep at your diaries, stay strong all and have a good week!!!

Jx

Back