Julz journey to a thinner me! :)

Just caught up on youra diary. Size 14, you go girl, well done!

Its a weird feeling when your brain is saying a bigger size than you actually are. Think it takes a while for your brain to catch up??!

I hope your feeling better. Life is up and down and LL really does peel away those layers of the onion and sometimes when we dont want it too.

Little steps hun and take each day at a time.

I think you'll be a size 12 well before your hols ;)
xxx

Just caught up on youra diary. Size 14, you go girl, well done!

Its a weird feeling when your brain is saying a bigger size than you actually are. Think it takes a while for your brain to catch up??!

I hope your feeling better. Life is up and down and LL really does peel away those layers of the onion and sometimes when we dont want it too.

Little steps hun and take each day at a time.

I think you'll be a size 12 well before your hols ;)
xxx

Thanks Gracielou, I really hope so, it's creeping nearer!

Hope you are coping ok, thinking of you.

Had a conversation with LLC today re holiday and strategies, I will be doing Lite for the 2 weeks. LLC gave me a leaflet which shows a breakdown of proteins/fats/dairy/vegetables which is useful I can take it with me. I will be starting a few days before my hols to make sure I get it!

I understand the confusion LadyT mentioned before, working it all out will be fun! I will get there, I will then go back to LLT for a couple of weeks, I hope then to be ready for RTM by end of September. I will do the full course, 12 more weeks, against the rest of my lifetime, fitter, thinner and happier, is not such a long time. So, maybe, just maybe by Christmas I could be there.

I'm thinking of revising my original goal of 145lbs, I think it will be too low, so not making any firm decisions yet.

Went swimming today, missed last 2 weeks which is really beginning to tell on my joints. I have had really sore joints for the last couple of weeks. Mentioned this to LLC today and discussed restarting the glucosomine I had been taking before, LLC said we will have to see if it takes me out of ketosis. :wave_cry:

My tummy is growling today, lots of gas! Also, have not had a problem 'going' to the loo today :sigh:

Not much more to mention, have been reading lots of diaries, not really replying to many, must try harder this week!

Have a good week all
Jx

Really glad to see your update. Will post a better post when not tired.

Glad to see movement xx

Your doing great.Glad to hear you are feeling positive and have a plan to follow .You will be in a size 12 in no time.
Cathy

Glad to hear that progress is being made. Holidays are tricky things. Was it you who's LLC said to just not eat on holiday? Cant remember. Lite is a good option. Tricky to stick to it. All depends on what your motivation is like. You sound as if you are well motivated so you should fly it.

No matter what path you choose however, get back on track when you come back and hurtle on to your goal. BMI's are usually a bit on the low side weight wise. Well unless you are a teenager lol

Any joy on the job front ?

Keep fighting the good fight xx

Yes it was my LLC who said stick with total on hols, that was a couple of weeks ago, Itold her to me part of the pleasure of the holiday is being sociable and that includes food. I told her I plan to do lite, she was not very supportuve.
This week we discussedbit again as there qere inly 2 of us in class, so no cbt, again! Anyway the other girl is avreturner and is struggling and 'cheats' every week, her words. The LLC suggested she moves to lite, so she can eat, so she is very excited, I said I will be doing lite for hols so can we discuss it more so I can plan and support the other girl. So we did, sge gave us a little handout which shows how much of what you can eat on lite and what not to to keep you in ketisis, si I am much happier. I expect to gain but will have onw evening cintrolled meal everyday. I told LLC we will be having a curry one nite, she said you cant have curry! I ssid I would have it tandoor style maybe half portion of rice no sauce, she said ok. Not to have any carbs!!
Ww will see, I like to plan so have been looking at options, going to type up list and laminate small version to takevwith me, 3 packs a day, hope for the best!
Job frint, had a call today funny enough about a 6 minth intrim role, I tild the agency to put mevforward, if I get an interview I will explore the options of other roles when it finishes, so fingers crossed. I need perm reslly, but just might take the risj, for my sanuty, and prey it comes good so I can pay the mortgage!!

Glad you are feeling better, our lesser spotted friend!
When do you start your new role?
Jx

My first lighter life counsellor was very black and white. Packs or nothing. End of. Didn't work for me long term as I became very disenchanted with her and the plan.

Holiday's for me are a time to be sociable and it is hard wired into food. I would find it very hard to go on holiday and not eat, but have every respect for those who do. I think the trick for me would to be as sensible in your choices as you can and not beat yourself up if things go a little awry. This is where someone more sensible comes in and gives a more rational and less skewed option lol

Job wise hope to start in Sept. Knowing my luck something will go pear shaped and I wont be able to go on the secondment. Secondment lasts 6-9 months. I am hoping that it will open a few doors for me so I wont have to return to my present employer. REal shame, as I love what I do.

Might well be worth you taking the risk of the 6 month contract. It could reinforce your confidence, give you a break and open new doors. Hard choice with mortgage to pay.

You deserve a holiday though, it's been quite tough going lately.

I'm less of a spotty egg, rash less angry and itchy. Got a few more days off work to recover from the exhaustion. So all good.

Lesser speckled egg signing off xx

Hi Julz
Grea to hear you got some information off your LLC.I agree if you have a plan then it can make life much easier.Making sensible choices and keeping the carb low will help with any excess weight gain.
Enjoy your holiday whatever you decide to do.
Great to hear about your 6month job offer.I hope its what you are looking for and wish you all best of luck in finding a full time permanent position.
Cathy

Hi lovely, I went off plan completely on holiday last month and will do the same next week! I have to learn to make good choices with food when I have finished with LL. I lost what I gained in a couple of weeks, so no hardship! It's your choice nit your LLC's, i have much respect for anyone who does stay on plan on holiday though!

Have a fab time xxx

My first lighter life counsellor was very black and white. Packs or nothing. End of. Didn't work for me long term as I became very disenchanted with her and the plan.

Holiday's for me are a time to be sociable and it is hard wired into food. I would find it very hard to go on holiday and not eat, but have every respect for those who do. I think the trick for me would to be as sensible in your choices as you can and not beat yourself up if things go a little awry. This is where someone more sensible comes in and gives a more rational and less skewed option lol

Job wise hope to start in Sept. Knowing my luck something will go pear shaped and I wont be able to go on the secondment. Secondment lasts 6-9 months. I am hoping that it will open a few doors for me so I wont have to return to my present employer. REal shame, as I love what I do.

Might well be worth you taking the risk of the 6 month contract. It could reinforce your confidence, give you a break and open new doors. Hard choice with mortgage to pay.

You deserve a holiday though, it's been quite tough going lately.

I'm less of a spotty egg, rash less angry and itchy. Got a few more days off work to recover from the exhaustion. So all good.

Lesser speckled egg signing off xx

Hi lesser speckled egg, hope you managing better, glad you have a start date for new job, it will give you something to focus on in a different way.
I am so looking forward to my hols, still having a moment with body dis morphia, I bought a size 12 dress in Matalan, and my brain knows I am not a 12 or even nearly?:confused: Well it is too small, but not by much. I will change it near my hols if it does not fit ok.
Jx

Hi Julz
Grea to hear you got some information off your LLC.I agree if you have a plan then it can make life much easier.Making sensible choices and keeping the carb low will help with any excess weight gain.
Enjoy your holiday whatever you decide to do.
Great to hear about your 6month job offer.I hope its what you are looking for and wish you all best of luck in finding a full time permanent position.
Cathy

Thanks Cathy, I am a planner, so as I am getting nearer, it all hopefully will come together.
Not so good news on the job front, I wasn't offered an interview, they found someone else with more recent experience in one element of the role, even though I know I could easily do the job very well. It wasn't meant to be, so I am not too disappointed, it was a 6 month interim role. Something else will come through, I really feel this is coming together, there must be someone out there who wants me :D

Keep strong yourself, and hope you stay focussed.
Jx

Hi lovely, I went off plan completely on holiday last month and will do the same next week! I have to learn to make good choices with food when I have finished with LL. I lost what I gained in a couple of weeks, so no hardship! It's your choice nit your LLC's, i have much respect for anyone who does stay on plan on holiday though!

Have a fab time xxx

Thanks LadyT, I am hoping to make some good choices, but whatever happens I will go back to plan when we get home, and I am sure it will come back off. :eek:
Jx

Julz journey to a thinner me :)

Happier today, with 4lb loss, which I was not expecting. I have increased my exercising so thought it would be less off a loss.:cool:
Made more of an effort with water this week, so that will have helped.
Bought some more clothes today, must stop! Have kept the receipts so I can take them back if they don't fit well for hols. My shape is def changing, in a good way.
I have been doing my Lateral Thigh Trainer every other day before work, and the other days I have been doing a combination of Angela Griffin's Dance Mix workout' 'How I danced away 2 stone in 2 months, I bought this a couple of years ago and never put it on, typical for me :rolleyes: It comes with a bonus DVD 30 minutes of stretch and tone. I have really got into both of them this week, and have now managed to do the full warm up and half of the first dance routine.:cool:
I also bought a Shake Weight this week from Argos after seeing it on TV, its a 6 minute program to tone up bingo wings, done 3 days so far, fairly easy at first, I can see the difference. Not sure which one is making the most difference, but I am decidedly into exercise! :rolleyes: Not like me at all.
Managed to get a sports bra yesterday, now that I have come down 4 cup sizes!! So intend to have another go at 30 day shred.
Still swimming at the hydrotherapy pool on a Sunday mornings, so it seems all to be going in the right direction.

Still strange in my head the body dis morphia going on, picking up size 18 off the rack, then having to put them back, and pick up a smaller size.
2 weeks ago I bought some shorts in a size 12, and can get into them :confused::confused: so tried them on again yesterday, and they are going to be too big for my holiday in 4 weeks. I also bought a 10 with the intention of taking back whichever did not fit. Tomorrow I will be taking back the size 12!!;)
I now have 1 tee shirt left from my 'old wardrobe' everything else is new.

I will be going Lite for hols, so going from the booklet LLC gave me last week, I am typing up the portions and food lists, going to laminate them onto small cards to carry, 'in case'.

Have applied for a couple of other jobs, no news yet, but I am hopeful something will break. Have had a really quite rough time at work for sometime, so now is really my time!

Good luck this week with WI, keep on truckin!
Jx

Have you started exercising recently Julz or did you do it from the start? You're doing absolutely brilliantly!

Hi Julz
You are doing amazing.great that you are getting lots of new clothes and get youtaking a size 12 back WOW must feel great.Have a great holiday.Your job is waiting around the corner for you..
take care
Cathy

Wotcha Julz,
Sorry to hear the news about the interview. For a reason, as better things will be round the corner which will suit you better. ASK, BELIEVE, RECEIVE!.

Doing exceptionally well with the plan. Proud of you lady, well done. Approaching a size 10 .... well what can one say ? lol AMAZING. Inspirational.

Keeping fighting the good fight xx

Have you started exercising recently Julz or did you do it from the start? You're doing absolutely brilliantly!

Hi Debbi, I had already been walking quite a lot, so to begin with I just made an effort to increase my steps to over 10,000 a day, I also had been swimming once a week. I made the decision to increase my exercise even more.

I did no more for the first 6 weeks, as it takes time for your body to get used to the program and I did not want to push it too hard. I spoke to LLC who said if you do exercise it will slow the weight loss down, however, I made the decision that I really wanted to prevent as much as possible saggy skin. I then restarted using my Lateral Thigh Trainer which is low impact.
So I have a couple of DVD's and recently bought a shake weight which helps tone your arms from Argos.
Now exercising something everyday, and I am getting quite hooked on it! due to the results mainly.

It's strange, I am buying 10/12 but still see a much bigger person , and have to check the labels! This is common apparently, and eventually goes!

Good luck with your journey, it is so rewarding, if you keep 100% the weight will drop off.

Jx

Hi Julz
You are doing amazing.great that you are getting lots of new clothes and get youtaking a size 12 back WOW must feel great.Have a great holiday.Your job is waiting around the corner for you..
take care
Cathy

Thanks Cathy, it really is amazing, how quickly the weight has come off, it only 4 months so far. Yep size 12 is unreal, still doing a double check on the label!
Holiday is fast approaching, and I seem to be having a mid life crisis and buying lots of clothes LOL! All in the sale, as I don't know how long they will fit, also seem to be losing in different areas, so not really sure what shape I will end up. :confused: I have bought quite a few things and have kept the receipts handy to get refunds etc.
I'm broke now! but in a good way, and really ready for the new job, bring on that corner!

Hope your life is calmer :family2:
Jx

Wotcha Julz,
Sorry to hear the news about the interview. For a reason, as better things will be round the corner which will suit you better. ASK, BELIEVE, RECEIVE!.

Doing exceptionally well with the plan. Proud of you lady, well done. Approaching a size 10 .... well what can one say ? lol AMAZING. Inspirational.

Keeping fighting the good fight xx

Hey sweetie, thanks for the comments, I agree shame about the interview, what will be will be, had a couple of rumbles today of possible jobs, so hot on that. I am asking, believing and really hoping to receive!!:fingerscrossed:
I am finding the plan quite easy, to be fair I don't have anyone to cook for which makes such a difference. The hard part for me is group, we are 6, 3 first timers and 3 returners. All the returners are eating every week, so they are not losing very fast. One of the other first timers is also eating as she finds it hard not to eat with her husband, feels like she is depriving herself. The other first timer only comes every 5/6 weeks, she is doing well.
I don't mind the mix of the group but we all have different ways of looking at things:confused:

Bought a size 10 jacket in M&S today and it fits:D, I keep looking at the labels, when I look in the mirror I still see me as large or Xlarge. Bottom half into 14's comfortably, not sure what size I will end up or shape, so been buying lots of clothes. All in the sale, I have never bought these types of clothes in my life, and ended up with 2 maxi dresses today, both size 10! I don't correction didn't do dresses or skirts really, so it is lovely, even if it is a bit bizarre!

Glad to say I have come down 4 cup sizes in my bra size which is great :D
How's your spots? oh lesser spotted one?
Jx

Back