Julz journey to a thinner me! :)

OMG, I bought some control underwear ( spanx to you BL!) in matalan let night to wear under a new dress I bought for a business meeting today, OMG, it's fab, when I bought it before it was so tight it was like a boa constricta (spelling?) this was fabulous, it's like a Lycra dress, so ironed out the lumpy bits. I know I was more overweight before but never tried this before, so recommend it lovely ladies. I bought 3 different ones in case, and I'm keeping them all for different clothes.
Not sure if I mentioned it before, in the back of the lighter life cookbook, there is a voucher for 12 months free magazines, my first one arrived yesterday and it makes a good read.

Planning on getting my Beck diet book out again tonight and start working through it fully as I'm on the edge of phase 1 management, I think I need to reinforce some messages to my brain. also restarting 30 day shred! Tonight!!
Hope everyone has a good evening
Jx

Great to hear you sounding so positive.
You have inspired me to retry the 30 day shred i will start tomorrow.
Go Girl Go.
Cathy

Bit of a funny day, emotions all over the place, again...........
Definitely I am eating/hungry when I am bored and stressed. Not sure why I can control it sometimes and sometimes not.
Had a stressful day at work today, some boredom involved despite best efforts to distract myself, I found by 11am I was going to have a chocolate bar. I tried for nearly an hour, but finally decided I would go and buy one. On the way to the shop I bumped into someone I used to work with about 5 years ago, he said, he nearly did not recognise me, I looked fantastic! Which was such a boost to me, I went back to work without the chocolate bar!
However, stress levels kept going up, and pressures at work so much I decided I would have a chocolate bar at lunch time. So I tried to make a reasonable choice, I bought a twin milky way, it was 90 calories each one, I ate them both and enjoyed it. Damn it, why did I let my child like behaviour over rule my sane head? Don't I want to get thinner and stay thin????
Trying hard not to go and get some toast and butter, it's really, really tough tonight. Chatterbox going 19 to the dozen :wave_cry::mad:

I think part of it is due to the fact I am almost at target, and really feel the need to eat. Still one more day till I have my meeting with LLC about management.

I have taken on board what SB wrote last week, so not kicking myself up the ar@e, but and there is always a but,my brain is so fried at the moment (excuse the referral to food), and I| can't keep the 'good' information in the working part of my brain, I seem to easily slip back into old 'comfort' habits, albeit marginally. Bah humbug I'm going to bed!

Had a better day today, and looked forward to my meeting tonight to get the details about management, well I am really happy, picked up the folder, it's a basic 8 weeks but you can make it shorter or repeat as needed. Also given a set of measures that fold flat measuring 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, and 1 portion, a journal, and a little management booklet, so I'm going to be reading it all tonight, I'm so excited!!
Had a great group tonight as well, we had one extra who transferred from a different night group and the session was great. Identified a few language issues in me, ( not swearing!), but also that I give myself a hard time, which I already new, but highlighted tonight how my own chatterbox words are negatively affecting my brain, choices, actions and reactions. In 6 months at the old group I never felt I understood? If that makes sense.....
Anyway, totally and completely fired up and enthusiastic again., felt I was losing the plot a bit, but now I'm back on track!
Stayed the same at WI, not a surprise, as I ate a couple of times and had toast! And a couple if choccie bars, but I'm really ok with that.

Hope everyone has a good week
Jx

Really glad to hear the news about the group. Doing good there Julz. Keep on trucking.

My success yesterday was that despite an appauling day in work over stretched and tired comming home, I didn't resort to eating or drinking. Yay .... go me lol

xx

Clarabow said:
Really glad to hear the news about the group. Doing good there Julz. Keep on trucking.

My success yesterday was that despite an appauling day in work over stretched and tired comming home, I didn't resort to eating or drinking. Yay .... go me lol

xx

Fab Clara well done, I am glad I will be staying with this group of 3-4 ladies, I am my new LLC first maintenance client, so rather than have just one to ones, this will work better. Also the group work will reinforce what I should have learned before, I missed several classes before as it was on a Sunday and if I went to see family etc, so I will go through the books and cbt I should have already done. The stuff we did last night, was eye opening and I feel I am now getting what I should have had before!

Didn't get a chance to pm you this week, will do so over the weekend, hope you have a better day today, and a great weekend
Jx

Thanks for that doll , life often gets in the way of good correspondence lol

Had a good day today, really feeling positive and as if I have my mojo back, have decided to do total this week so that I can plan for maintenance properly, so busy prepping my menu for the week. I have found a new sense of purpose, which is great as I have been wobbling for a few weeks, giving myself a hard time.

Heating packed up today, just when I wanted to put the heating on as its chilly! Engineer arrived at 5pm, and turned it all off! He will be back Monday with a new pump and a thingamebob that lets the gas in, safely.......... So just as well I'm on total!
Sitting here with a blanket wrapped around my legs and heat pad on my back, in dressing gown.............. early bed tonight with electric blanket! And swimming tomorrow so will be able to shower and wash my hair.

Exercise diary
AM
Day 2 30 day shred, shredded YAH :8855:
Mini trampoline 15 minutes
Shake weight 6 minutes
Shape and tone 30 minutes

Have a great weekend all
Jx

Yikes!! Hope your heating gets sorted soon. Still at least it'll inspire you to excercise if only to warm up a bit! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I knew there was another reason for my enthusiasm!!

OK day today, trying to keep busy, my new hobby of dressmaking is keeping me busy which is great.
Continuing with prep for maintenance, bought a couple of new lunch boxes in Asda today, one with separate sides to it the other with a small pot for salad dressing in and integrated knife and fork, not bad for about £4. They are a good size going forward, for portion control!
Also bought some new spices to try out, have been checking out the receipes on Lighter Life for iPad, and this quarters LL magazine. Using it with the info in the maintenance pack I have is a little confusing.
On phase one I am not sure what to make everyday from the list of ingredients, it all looks a bit dry, so not sure if I can add anything else?
Going to have a conversation with LLC on Thursday, to unconfuse my brain!

Sunday exercise diary
Lateral Thigh Trainer
25 x 6 second abs
52 lengths in pool
12 widths exercising
Shake weight

Have a good Monday everyone, downwards and downwards :D
Jx

Well done Julz.Good luck with RtM phase 1.
The first week there is not a great choice just meat fish and salad leaves really.i found a Light fat free french salad dressing which added a bit of variation with the salad,It was from tescos.
Cathy

Well done Julz xxx proud of you x

Well Done Julz, I'm so happy for you.

Back