Jumping on the Diary Train

AshleyRose

Hey everybody, i actually just noticed this diary part of the forum and thought i'd give it a shot, just to share my journey and have something to look back on when i reach my goal weight. I really need to express how thankful i am to be able to share my journey with other people who know what i'm going through because well, you are too. Ever since i started Lipotrim (only 2 weeks ago today) i have found this forum to be so helpful, i love reading about your journeys and i also look forward to seeing your results when you succeed and are at your goal weight.

It's weird that i've found my second week harder than my first, i remember last week thinking "wow how could anyone imagine cheating" but now i realise i hadn't been on it long enough to pass judgement on other people, i realise it must be so daunting seeing yourself on this for more that a month or two as i only plan on being on it for 2 months MAX. That should be sufficient for me as i haven't got a colossal amount of weight to shift and toning is my next step. I find myself thinking of ways to cheat but i know in the end i'd never go through with having a coke zero or any of the foods that "keep you in ketosis" because the guilt would be oh so bad.

As for being around food it bothers me sometimes, i was cooking chicken fajitas for some of my friends last weekend and i accidentally licked the sauce of my finger......but i spat it out. I was sure even tasting the sauce would knock me out of ketosis haha

I find the flapjacks and the strawberry shakes to be the winning combination for me, the vanilla were disgusting and i do want to try the chocolate but i never liked chocolate flavor anything so i can't see why the shakes should be any different. i might ask the pharmacist for one satchet of chicken soup just to try it.

Looking forward to looking amazing when i'm at my goal weight is what keeps me going and the motivational stories/people here. I've already bought practically a whole new wardrobe. I can't wait for the next few weeks to be over so i can start maintaining and have food again. Because of the cleansing your palette thing that comes with lipotrim i'm going to start eating foods i never liked like tuna and tomatoes. I live in rural Ireland so unfortunately i don't have access to lavish supermarkets like you lucky English people do so variety of foods will be hard for me to come by but i will by no means be using that as an excuse.

I'm planning on buying some new kitchen equipment to help me cook healthier dishes because i was by no means a chef before this so my kitchen wouldn't be the best stocked...a george foreman for meat, a blender and a scales for measuring portions. I'm so nervous about maintenance and refeeding but i guess i'll cross that jump when i come to it.

If you've continued reading to this point, congratulations you've possibly sat through the most boring diary entry ever...it's mostly for my own records but if you have anything to share don't be shy. I really appreciate all your kind words of encouragement & motivation throught this prolonged period of my life haha

P.S. is it me or is time going slower?:eek:

Time does drag doesn't it! I wish I could have a midweek weigh in just to keep the motivation up. Second week was hard for me but I'm finding week 3 easier! You should reach your goal in no time, it's great to think that we'll never go back to the bad ways of eating.

im on day 2!!! longest 2 days of my life!! haha ive been on this diet before ant the results are incredible!!
good luck with your journey! i look forward to reading more! x

Time does drag doesn't it! I wish I could have a midweek weigh in just to keep the motivation up. Second week was hard for me but I'm finding week 3 easier! You should reach your goal in no time, it's great to think that we'll never go back to the bad ways of eating.

yes i guess we can find comfort in our new healthy ways of eating, how long do you plan on being on lipotrim, have you had any struggles on it :)

im on day 2!!! longest 2 days of my life!! haha ive been on this diet before ant the results are incredible!!
good luck with your journey! i look forward to reading more! x

Good luck with your journey, don't worry you're probably just not in ketosis yet but when you are you'll be flying. i look forward to reading about your journey too

Day 16 & my 2nd diary post, i forget i'm supposed to do this everyday. Anyway i'm feeling good, i've been doing awful with my water intake these last few days, yesterday i only drank about a litre,i had a flapjack but i didn't bother having any shakes. so today i decided to start doing this 100% again, 3 shakes & 3 litres of water everyday from now on. :D

It's so cold though i can never get warm, i don't have much energy either....i'm really hoping this week won't be as hard as last week. I bought some cook books yesterday to help me plan meals for after TFR, i think i'll stick to a ketogenic type diet during maintenance. I'm so cold now i can't even finsh my diary.......Grrrrrrrr so looking forward to the end of my lipotrim journey

Stuff water bottles, proper man (or indeed girl) cuddles are the only way forward when on a VLCD.
Especially in cold parts of Rural Ireland, though to be honest apart from the remoteness (which I would adore anyway), you are far better off than being stuck in amongst the rabble over here.

You are doing really well on the diet and should be proud of your results so far, I have to see it out for a bit longer than you and will probably be on it till about March overall but by then I will have lost probably 8-9 stone and be VERY happy and very thin - hopefully help me with my Dancing as well (being a fatty effects your balance I find and I don't want to end up stumbling into my dance buddy and causing dance floor chaos lol).

I know one thing, no matter what I am not going to quit - I am in it to win it :D

Keep on going girl and get sexy as, I'll do me best but I have a limited baseline to start from to be fair :D

x

Thank you very much, i was reading your diary...You should be so proud of yourself. Seriously, you seem to be breezing through lipotrim and i'm sure it gets hard for you but you take your time out to advise everyone else on here. I really can't wait to see how you get on in a few months, i hope you get everything you want out of doing the lipotrim diet as you really deserve it hahaa i'll stop being soppy now.

I have noticed that people were right on here about the longer you being on it the easier it gets, i seem to have lost my cravings and i don't want to come off TFR until i reach my goal weight. I love how it suits me as an All or nothing type person because it takes out all the hassle of food. I do really like the rural part i live in :D
How are you feeling after your week being off lipotrim?

Day 23 on Lipotrim.

Ok so i've been having a better time on Lipotrim lately, i feel like any cravings for food have gone (not completely) but i'm not tearing my hair out. Also, i have been finding the water intake a whole lot easier. about 2 - 3 litres a day...isome days i'd drink more. I was intending to do some exercise in order to speed up loses but i really can't seem to find the energy. I got some skin therapy oil (the cocoa butter version) to prevent/get rid of stretch marks. I really hate stretch marks, i have some but they're quite faded and i don't want any so i'm massaging that oil in everywhere twice a day, i've used half a bottle in 3 days.:eek: i'll probably buy bio oil also and use the two together.
I've really gotten to the stage where i don't want to come off TFR i like the safety of not having to choose foods, i also like the guarantee that i am actually losing weight so i'm putting no pressure on myself to come off TFR anytime soon. I may have to cheat sometime in the near future as i have events i'd like to have a drink at and maybe a meal but i'll be on lipotrim again immediately the next day. i really wish life came with a fast forward button as i can't wait to close the overweight chapter in my life & concentrate on other things.
Hope anyone elsereading this is doing well xxx

Well Done girl, your going to look amazing at target no doubt.
I hope I look a bit better myself lol.
Keep up the good work, I am still on it had 2 litres already today of water and a shake for breakfast.
I am having a chocolate one tonight after work and before I go to college. :D
x

I still think it's funny how men only have 2 shakes, i think i'd prefer that. Well done to you anyway. You're always so positive. You will look amazing at your target weight and then we'll be obligated to put up amazing inspirational pictures for all the future lipotrimmers who are struggling hahaha xx

Day 28.

Ok so i lost 5lbs this week, not too bad i guess BUT i had champagne and scotch yesterday, i know theres no alcohol allowed but it was a special occasion..i don't even feel bad about it. this diet is exhausting in terms of having a social life although i have no intentions of quiting until i hit my goal weigh i am going to have a treat when i want one (no carbs) but this will only be a rare thing. I like having the food taken out of my life and don't really miss it anymore. I've been missing quite alot of my shakes recently also but i'm still drinking the water...i'm worried this is going to make my hair fall out. If i was sensible, i would take time out...and go back to my old attitude of being 100% all the time...i'd imagine this will happen tomorrow as i'm just in a weird mood right now haha

I vary at times too Ashley, I batter the shakes 100% and then I will say ah stuff it and have some chicken or similar but the urge to have it usually comes when I have missed out shakes so the best plan is to nail the shakes as much as poss.
Women especially worry due to hairloss, its not as bad I guess for us guys as a lot of us go bald (no chance of that with me if my family of aged hippies is anything to go by).
I have had my choco morning shake and feel fine, though yesterday I was munching on chicken legs and a couple of slices of Edam at 0.2g carb a slice.

I would like to hit 100% again though shortly as Ketosis is strong and weight loss is rapid, I don't want to be doing this diet for 12 months, by March I will have been on it for 9 months and that will be more than enough. then its nail the maintenance and keep the weight steady, that is where the real work begins (finding that happy balance).

I am still not sure where I want to be between 13-16 stone I would say as I am a well built, just a shade off 6ft guy and dont fancy being a walking stick :D

You are brave going on the pop though, I wont touch alcohol at all , even went to a food and drink festival on Saturday with free booze and food samples and had nowt apart from my bottles of water I bought there. I think the possibility of coma puts me off it :S

You are so right about the part where if you haven't had your shake it's easier to cave, when i gave in it was because i was starving and had no shake with me...i'm getting the flapjacks back on friday (the pharmacist ordered them in for me) so i'm hoping that will see an end to any will to cheat. They are simpler because if i feel hungry i can just have one of those with a coffee, i don't feel bad about cheating but i don't want it to be the start of a long slippery slope downhill...as for you, i wouldn't feel one bit bad at all about having the odd snack...especially as you are on it for soooo long. I would say you would look perfect between 14 and 15 stone, my dad is over 6ft and hes 15 and a half stone and he looks great...it depends what weight you yourself feel happiest at!!
I still have 2stone to lose so it's a long journey to go yet :D

Just a note on you saying you want to maybe have a meal for a special occasion - just remember that (depending on what you eat) not only will you come out of ketosis which will extend the diet a few more days (that's not hard) you potentially run the risk of introducing too many food groups too fast and gaining pretty instant water weight (I've seen up to 10lbs from a cheat meal at a restaurant) so just be careful and make sure you justify whether it's worth it!

I had to sit through about 4 of my friends birthday meals sipping water. I felt like a total fool but in the grand scale of things; what's 4 meals when after the diet you can go to them all looking all slim and feeling good?

Just a note on you saying you want to maybe have a meal for a special occasion - just remember that (depending on what you eat) not only will you come out of ketosis which will extend the diet a few more days (that's not hard) you potentially run the risk of introducing too many food groups too fast and gaining pretty instant water weight (I've seen up to 10lbs from a cheat meal at a restaurant) so just be careful and make sure you justify whether it's worth it!

I had to sit through about 4 of my friends birthday meals sipping water. I felt like a total fool but in the grand scale of things; what's 4 meals when after the diet you can go to them all looking all slim and feeling good?

I know you are completely right, i was going through a weird phase for awhile but i'm back to being 100% because i want to finish soon, this diet is a real inconvienience haha it's not that i even mind being on it.

Back