Jumping to JUDDD to get me to goal, and beyond!

Only eat what you want and if you're hungry; don't think you have to eat because it's an up day!

So have been doing a bit of thinking about how my JUDDD experience is going and this is the behaviour that I am going to try and adopt going forward. I think it'll be easier now. When you first start JUDDDing, possibly especially after coming off a number of weeks VLCDing, the freedom to eat whatever you want on your UDs is almost overwhelming and you really want to make the most of it. It feels so unfair not to be hungry and not want to eat very much on your UD and so the temptation is to eat anyway. But now the time has come to rein in my UDs a bit and start adopting this strategy. After all, my first priority has to be weight loss so if on an UD I don't feel like eating very much I have to start seeing this as a blessing rather than a curse.

Couldn't agree more cate :)

That's a good thought process
p.s. Jessie...I have to say 'I would.........'

That would be a very noble gesture. I love cherry cake too but I think my favourite is lemon drizzle. Oooo, thinking about making a lemon drizzle cake now but really shouldn't as I'm the only one who would eat it. James won't.
Ooh lemon cake is my fave too xx

So have been doing a bit of thinking about how my JUDDD experience is going and this is the behaviour that I am going to try and adopt going forward. I think it'll be easier now. When you first start JUDDDing, possibly especially after coming off a number of weeks VLCDing, the freedom to eat whatever you want on your UDs is almost overwhelming and you really want to make the most of it. It feels so unfair not to be hungry and not want to eat very much on your UD and so the temptation is to eat anyway. But now the time has come to rein in my UDs a bit and start adopting this strategy. After all, my first priority has to be weight loss so if on an UD I don't feel like eating very much I have to start seeing this as a blessing rather than a curse.

I'd never say eat for the sake of eating...was why SW didn't suit me having to have 1/3 superfree that I didn't always need! Seemed madness.I have to say though that people who cut their intake harshly on UDs seem to lose the least weight. I'm not saying you should eat your TDEE or anything if you're not hungry, but if you look at the diaries of people who have come and gone after a few weeks most of them thought cutting calories on UDs would speed up losses...and it didn't. In some cases it had the reverse effect. My theory on fasting is that if you keep your body happy on non fast days by giving it the minimum calories you need..BMR/RMR...then it is happy to burn fat on fast days. I think if you give your body less calories than it needs every day then it does learn to adapt and weight loss stops...so then you lower them again...and it adapts again. And after experiencing that years ago it was why I vowed never to get in that cycle again. I want to be able to maintain by eating the most calories possible not having to survive on 1000 calories a day for the rest of my life. I think fasting works at its best by not dieting every single day. Now that's just personal opinion and you may totally disagree. I probably have a different mindset to most on minis about UDs. Sometimes I do feel like the odd one out eating as much!

I agree with you. Looking at what I've been eating I think the extras are taking me over 2,000 cals a day up to around 2,500 - my TDEE is 1895. Cutting these out will probably see me between 1,500 to 1,900. I like my food so much that I can't see my calories dropping below this on an UD.

Morning everyone. Just had my fry up - exactly as described previously except for no hash browns. Really enjoyed it and am thoroughly stuffed now. Must have been around 800-1000 calories. :eek: Nothing for me now until tea time. I'm sure I won't need it with all that protein inside me. Off to get in the shower now and then take mum carpet shopping. Looking forward that - not. Then catching up with my Cardiff BFF (April) who got back from Florida yesterday tea time and has been sleeping ever since. Hope everyone has a good day. :)

Hope you had a good day Cate.

How was the visit with your friend x

How did your day go yesterday Cate x

Morning Cate
Hope it's sunny where you are - have you had a good weekend? Have a great week x

Back