June Money Challenge

Argh I'm not doing very well at all! My trip this weekend to Wales cost way more than I thought it would for food and petrol etc - plus I had to sub my sister £45 as well.

I'm going to take another look at my spreadsheet tonight if I have time after my training course and see what I can do differently or where I can cut back. The problem with this week is that I will have to spend out on dinners and claim it back so that won't help either!! :(

How you all doing?

Doing well. I wish I could do a spreadsheet - but I can't get my head round that sort of stuff at all. I just take money out of the cashpoint and put it in my wallet for the week haha!

Doing well. I wish I could do a spreadsheet - but I can't get my head round that sort of stuff at all. I just take money out of the cashpoint and put it in my wallet for the week haha!

Haha that's what i do too! Can't do all this techy stuff lol :p

Saved £35 on my shopping and made £35 on eBay so far, so have managed to put £70 in our Florida pot :D

I've gone off track terrible!

Need to dump the credit card which found its way back into my purse and take back control! Spent over £100 in Tesco today. :-(

I get paid a week on Friday and have £78 left till payday have nothing that I need to pay out for only petrol which is £60 already accounted for and food shopping £85 already accounted for and already bought my countdown at class so don't need to pay for that just need some hifi bars,me & hubby are off out tomorrow night for dinner but it was a ******* deal so already paid for it !! Maybe just some money for soft drinks & a tip so maybe £10 !!!
I'm in work today & Thursday and normally spend easily £10-£15 on coffees fruit etc snacks but have filled my bag to the brim with snacks !!! Just need to buy something to go with my salad either some cheese or ham will update later with how I get on x

I'm ok with computers but excell confuses me. I find money easy to handle when its physical!!

my van floor cost me £100 less than I budgeted, so bought myself a smoke/co2 detector (treat!!!) and gonna use the rest to rebuild my bed which was my job for next months pay so I'm ahead of schedule :) I think next payday I'm gonna save £400 and pay off me credit card. I will Aldi have caught up on my rent arrests so July's pay will be back to where I was a year ago with no outstanding debt.

am doing a car boot on Sunday but am fundraising with some of the girls from slimming world so as long as my costs are covered then the rest profit will go to charity :) am also doing a plant sale at group on Thursday with 50% to charity and the rest for me.

Gonna book my flight to see my dad in the next 6 weeks so savings will disappear again but will get on the saving mission straight after :)

Is your van a camper mandlegrot?

Typical, in the one month i dont need anymore bills etc, my car more or less breaks down today on the way home from the gym. Apparently it sounds like the ball bearings have gone in the front wheel, had to leave it with the garage so il hear the damage tomorrow, so much for planning and budgeting eveything down to a tee.... Major sad face :(

On the plus side, diet wise, im not gona be able to afford to eat apart from next week so i shud lose weight!x

Aw that sucks Hun :( stupid cars!

yup its a self converted transit. She's my pride and joy and gets spoilt like a child haha!

Oh cool! Did you do the conversion? Is it just a bed or do u have a little seating/cooking area too? I've seen the new VW transporter (I think they are called) which are like a modern day v dub but I love the old ones, so bloody expensive tho!

And why not, everyone needs something/someone to spoil :) :)

Oh yes done it myself - had if a year but am doing round two on thr bits I didn't finish last summer now. Ill get some pics up when she's been beautified a little more :) I have a double bed going across the back width with some extra seats and storage...I've got all thr cooking kit but I don't like using it in the van as its pretty dangerous and I can't be bothered to have fixed gas/vents etc. I usually put it all out the back doors on a fold out table so I can cook without worrying!

I love old VW's but so expensive and also too small for me...mine is a plain old long wheelbase white van so very big and spacious. The eventual plan is to buy a horse box/7.5t truck and have that to live in/holiday in :)

Just wondered if any of you guys use ValuedOpinions? You get £ for filling in surveys, can get it in vouchers for all sorts of places. I signed up last week and have £5 so far, you can withdraw in denominations of £10 - I figured it might be a good way of 'treating myself' without spending money, since I'm online so much already! Apologies if you already know and I'm teaching granny to suck eggs btw!

I'm thinking of buying a countdown too you can save a weeks worth of fees :) plus It keeps you committed.

im still quids up from the weekend although I had to buy a prescription prepayment card today so that's £30 gone. I'm going to get the final bits for my floor brought tomorrow so that will be finished...then to measure up my bed and cost up the cost for wood and screws, hopefully I have enough to get this too although if I don't I'll take it out of my savings so its done and dusted while I have some time off. Can't wait to get saving hard in the coming months :)

hope you are all doing well...

I'm not doing well because I'm finding it hard to keep track - I've been ill and had to spend £20 on prescriptions plus this week I'm on a training course so havin to buy meals every day. I will eventually get this back but can't access my spreadsheet to keep track. I'm keeping all my receipts so I can catch up on it over the weekend.

*TODAY ONLY*

Free insertion fees on eBay for 10 day auction listings

Xx

Back