June - New starters!

Thank you, I've started a food diary so hoping that will keep me on track.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com
Its a huge help to see it written down....if you have a huge appetite like me superfree snacks are the way to goand bulk out your meals with as much superfree as you can too good luck

hey everyone, I'm struggling, I have a good diet through the week and the weekends I go mad!! not going to be heading for my goal for July. I think I've been pressuring myself as I go on holiday on the 18th August, to lose, that it has sent me the other way and keep pigging out!! then on the other hand I kind of think is it too late now to lose much before I go!! please feel free to give me another KICK!!xx

Hi name is Maggie, I know I am a late restarter but can I join this thread? I was a slimming world target member is 2011 but have since put back on the weight I lost. I have about a stone to lose but am really struggling with it for the last 12 mths. It's a case of 1lb off 2lb on!, a real yoyo dieter at the moment. I have tried to kid myself that I am following SW but really I'm not! I eat a lot of the free foods on EE but then go and eat the junk usually bread, biscuits and chocolates. Night time is the worst time for me!!!
I have my dinner, a big one, and then all I think about is food. Late night eating is a BIG problem. I am restarting SW again tomorrow and this time I mean it. I have struggled with weight issues my whole life, this extra weight and feeling unfit is becoming an obsession and it taking over my every thought. I have to get control of it now!! Thanks for your support.

Woohoo. Lost 2 lb this week! Thats two and half now since 1st July. Am well on target for my 5lb july challenge. Hope everyone else is doing well. Happy Friday.

First weight in this morning and it's 6lb off! So pleased! Will be weighing in on Tuesday next week as it's my birthday on Wednesday so hoping for a 2lb loss do you think that's possible?

Lost 1lb this week :)

Missjodielb - 4lb lost 6lb to go (4lb to get my stone award)

3 more july weigh in's to go .... if I got 2lb a week I could achieve my July goal ....EXCITED

Hi everyone!

I have started Slimming World a couple of days ago - going at it on my own because I feel a bit embarrassed going to a group. I am a healthy weight for my height (9 & a half stone) but this is the heaviest I've ever been and I can't fit into my jeans anymore!!
I feel like my weight loss wouldn't be taken particularly seriously because I'm not 'heavy enough' or something or I don't have as much to lose. Might be silly but that's how I feel so am just doing it on my own and looking up syns on here!

Are there any others who feel like this or is it just me!? xxx

I've restarted again this week and have started a diary. I moved between not being on plan and I don't like going to the local group so I'm trying to do it from home. I know I can do it in a group but I'm a bit worried by myself. I have joined the gym though so hopefully everything combined will get me motivated.

Hi name is Maggie, I know I am a late restarter but can I join this thread? I was a slimming world target member is 2011 but have since put back on the weight I lost. I have about a stone to lose but am really struggling with it for the last 12 mths. It's a case of 1lb off 2lb on!, a real yoyo dieter at the moment. I have tried to kid myself that I am following SW but really I'm not! I eat a lot of the free foods on EE but then go and eat the junk usually bread, biscuits and chocolates. Night time is the worst time for me!!!
I have my dinner, a big one, and then all I think about is food. Late night eating is a BIG problem. I am restarting SW again tomorrow and this time I mean it. I have struggled with weight issues my whole life, this extra weight and feeling unfit is becoming an obsession and it taking over my every thought. I have to get control of it now!! Thanks for your support.

Well done on making the move...keep coming on here for support i have been the same struggling for over 2 years but i have stuck to it for 8 weeks now and this place is a godsend keeping me going ...i was struggling until i found it recently...add me as a friend if you like and i will try and support you

First weight in this morning and it's 6lb off! So pleased! Will be weighing in on Tuesday next week as it's my birthday on Wednesday so hoping for a 2lb loss do you think that's possible?

That is a fantastic loss...keep going and early happy birthday yes you can!!!!

Thank you! I would love a 3lb loss to get to 10.7 but I think that might be pushing it a bit.

Well done on your loss also. How are you finding it?

Yes sure it is. Can't wait to hear you made it :) x

Thanks Elvisfan4life, appreciate the support.

Day 1 was good..I think.

Breakfast- Porridge (HexB), Apple, Milk & Tea HexA milk allowance used in porridge, tea & coffee during the day
Snack - apple & decaf coffee
Lunch - Tuna Salad with 2 dst sp Mayo ( syns)
Dinner - Rice, SW Chicken, lots of carrots. Yoghurt & apple. Tea. I eat the Aldi Duneen Fat Free yoghurts which I was told are free. Is this right?
Supper - 2 slices aldi gluten free white bread toasted & butter. Green Tea.

Syns = 14.

Water - 1 ltr, Exercise - none.

Does this look ok, any help or comments welcome.

Last edited:
New ppl joining the thread that's great welcome

Good luck everyone.

My little boy is poorly so a quiet day and hopefully time to update the challenge stats for everyone.

I was only 1lb off yesterday. I didn't even deserve that to be fair but I won't moan.

I'm not giving up on my target for challenge tho. Still plenty of time to get this nailed.
My fund is at £25 now so £25 left to go for my money target and I'm getting excited that ill have plenty for a great target shopping spree by next year :)

Back