Just 2 packs a day

Thanks for the advice folks.

I think I caused a bit of confusion with saying 4 packs but not telling you I'm a LighterLifer so I'm supposed to have 4 packs a day.

The problem was that I was struggling to eat all 4 partly because I was full up, and also because I got to the stage I just couldn't face them.

I then read about starvation and that if we don't take in enough calories our bodies would use the vital muscles round the heart etc.....which obviously concerned me a bit.

Soooooooo, I started to cook more than one pack, even though I realise that it will affect my nutritional intake. I've been aware of this and there doesn't seem to be any side affects of this, I'm still in good health and skin and hair are healthy.

This means the difference between my staying on the diet or failing, so I'm prepared to take the chance of being short of a few vitamins.

Thanks for the advice folks.

I think I caused a bit of confusion with saying 4 packs but not telling you I'm a LighterLifer so I'm supposed to have 4 packs a day.

The problem was that I was struggling to eat all 4 partly because I was full up, and also because I got to the stage I just couldn't face them.

I then read about starvation and that if we don't take in enough calories our bodies would use the vital muscles round the heart etc.....which obviously concerned me a bit.

Soooooooo, I started to cook more than one pack, even though I realise that it will affect my nutritional intake. I've been aware of this and there doesn't seem to be any side affects of this, I'm still in good health and skin and hair are healthy.

This means the difference between my staying on the diet or failing, so I'm prepared to take the chance of being short of a few vitamins.

I think we have chatted about this before haven't we?

I didcided on the same route as you are taking and it was a concious decision the same as you have made for the same reasons :)

*not ideal and I wouldn't recommended going against guidelines obviously*

I struggle to get the three shakes/soups a day down too ( and at 5' 8" i should have 4) so i enjoy 2 of them then just have the last one as a medicine.
I have a dodgy heart as it is and tell myself if i dont have the third one then the muscles around my heart will start to disintegrate. Yep, that's right. I SCARE myself into having the third one.

Hiya,
I don't have any of my shakes or soups cold! What do you mean by "cooking" them?
I let the kettle boil, then cool for a few minutes then add water to my measuring jug, tip my shake or soup in and blend and eat.
Am I losing the nutrients this way????
My CDC told me it was ok to have all my shakes/soups hot as I'm not a cold liquid drinker (though am trying to drink water cold!)
Cheers
Tansy

Hi I am on CD and have 4 per day as 5ft 9" i cook approx 1 per day making the soup into crisps, and then use the others as long milkshakes, as i am not too keen on the soup as a drink. i was told that 1 per day would be ok, as it does lose the nutrients when you cook them,
hope this helps,

I think I messed myself up like this the last time I done the Cambridge. When I went back to my old ways I put it all back on plus 1.5 st more and I swear this is because my metabolism and muscle tissue was damaged.
Some days I was having only 1 pack and at the time thought this was great.

How can you get your metabolism and muscles back to normal.

Part of what happens when you don't eat enough is that your muscle breaks down and as it takes a lot of energy to maintain muscle this brings your metabolism down.

So... to get your metabolism back up you need to bring the muscle back and so exercise....

Light weights like dumbells and squats are best to gradually tone and increase muscle mass. Check with your doctor though if you need to before you do this.

Back