just add water....

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by JulesyR, 26 April 2011 Social URL.

1. JulesyR

JulesyR Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.4%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi, I am off for a weekend away and have gone 1/2 board so will only have access to a kettle for lunch (its a fitness weekend so no lunching out, just lots of sweating)

Are there any just add water products that I could eat - like couscous, noodles etc? I have a Sainsbury's and a Morrisons close by.

I dread to think what the cafe options will be as its being hosted in a holiday (butlins) type place!

thank you!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Cous cous is a good one though if theres a morrisons/sainsburys you could go and buy from daily you could get salads and lean meats etc and fruit
    What evening meals will you be having?

4. JulesyR

JulesyR Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.4%)
    Diet:
    SW
    hi, not going to have plates, pans,fridge etc, literally need something akin to a pot noodle! But with less / no syns. Evening meals will have to be the best of whatever is on offer which is why I would like to minimise lunchtime syns!

5. sarah5298a1

sarah5298a1 Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    batchelors do fat free noodles in a pot and most cous cous u can make by just pouring boiling water over and leaving to stand for 5 mins, mug shots. take bananas they r filling and give u energy

6. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    I got the salads from Morrisons in a plastic tub and then ate the ham and salad out of them and the same with the fruit

7. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always take a mini fridge with me and paper plates plastic cutlery etc then you can grab some cooked meats/quorn and a bag of mixed leaves of if not what about the lower calories instant soups with a wholemeal roll/rivita

Argos has the mini fridges for under £20 you can use them for picnics etc as they can run off the car cigarette lighter

8. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Why not buy some disposable plates from Morrisons then your options will be wider bcause you can buy fresh stuff and just plate it up.

9. Befanwi

Befanwi Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Mugshots, cous cous (ainsley harriot's are tasty and between .5 and 2 syns a packet) you could still eat salads and cold meats if you can run to the supermarket - there's nothing stopping you getting paper plates/plastic cutlery/packing a set from home.. You could buy the bags of ready prepped salad and cherry toms and just add meat to have w/ a mugshot.. You could take asda or co-op hexb pittas or some wholemeal rolls to make sandwhiches as well as they'll keep in the hotel room - a bit of the meat and salad and you're good to go. It might sound like
    A faff but no one can run on just a mugshot alone.. Especially not when exercising.. Failing that, there's always fruit, that keeps out of the fridge.. X

10. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    I used to work away in hotels a lot- all above is excellent advice. I also took alpen lights, fruit and mugshot.

You can also put eggs (in their shell!) inside the kettle and boil it up- leave them for 5 minutes and have freshly boiled eggs too :)

11. x-tuesdayemma-x

x-tuesdayemma-x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Batchelors do a cupa pasta which is just add water ive only had the tomato flavour not sure if they do any others but that was free and very nice, just dont put in as much water as it tell you to

12. JulesyR

JulesyR Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.4%)
    Diet:
    SW
    ooh loving the eggs in a kettle option. I shall try and find some mugshots, and yup already planning on the alpen bars and fruit options. There is no supermarket of any size on the campsite, and we are travelling by public transport so can't go laden with too much - and it is pretty full on exercise all day about 6 hours worth so lunch prep needs to be quick.

Some great ideas though - thank you!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.