Just an update!

sandyblack

Hello everyone,

In week 4 now (its gone so quicky!) and am ok I think! I get weighed on Saturday. I really cant wait till I weigh less than 12 stone as I will feel like im getting somewhere.

A bit of advice though- its my birthday next week :) and im being taken out for a meal (which I have agreed to in advance as I told my boyfriend I wouldnt let this rule out every single social situation as I did with LL:eek:). I know this will prob take me out of ketosis but is it going to do me a lot of damage weight loss wise? I just want to try and have a nice day without stressing about it then getting back onto the plan the day after.:)

Any advice appreciated!! xxxx

Any advice?I really don't want it to be on my mind and make me not enjoy my birthday Eve xxx

Sandy it is purely up to you, unfortunately this is one desicion you have to make on your own because none of us wants any of us to stumble. It is easy for us to sit here and say only have a protein meal with no carbs etc etc but the evening is yours. If you were having a hard time dealing with hunger or cravings we would do our utmost to help you to stay on the straight and narrow but this is evening of your ha to be choice.

I kinda agree with Mark... but but but if it was me, I think if you plan to drink you might want to make sure you eat to bring you out of ketosis, as it can have some dangers to drink while in it. I will find you the thread link in a sec..

just going to quote a little what I wrote earlier to babystar.. but the jist is... it is totally your choice. We want everyone to succeed, but longterm, having one day off in the grand scheme of things, if it makes you happy and more able to continue to your goal in the long term.. then... I'm not sure, maybe its worth it.. Just I would hate to have to go through the first stage to get back into ketosis hehe but that is just me and it took me 9 odd days to get into it hehe
Hope what ever you choose you have a lovely birthday xx
I can only give you my little opinion.. not sure its a good one, but.... even people on the working solution, where they have 3 packs a day plus a 400 calorie meal in the evening lose weight.
Plus the fact that some people make sure they use their add a meal weeks, I don't see how bringing forward such a week could harm.

I think all of us on this diet have it settled and decided in our heads that WE WILL lose this weight, so maybe you need to decide what's going to work best for you to stay more-or-less on the wagon long term... preparing to have a less restricted week, and be ready for it is not a failure. So hopefully rather than making you think 'Oh sod it' and stopping, you can pick up where you left off.

The diet is merely a tool, like a guideline for us. I think there might be times when all of us at some point have to deviate or adapt it to fit into our plans. Things like holidays, or weddings etc things that are events in your life you'll only have once, and not to enjoy them to the full as you are worrying and stressing over the space food packs might be a shame. This is a diet for the longterm.. almost a way of life rather than a short term fix, so you already know you are motivated... things like holidays are an experience you'll never get back, so knowing you are motivated to carry the diet on afterwards and to fit it in the best you can while away, should hopefully not stop you enjoying the evenings with friends and family.

If you are going to try to stay in ketosis I would read the warnings about alcohol though.. because it might be more tempting when away.

You will come back so proud that you maintained the diet in the day, and by sticking to the food options you put in the evenings, I think you should just relax and enjoy the time away.

You have the ultimate choice honey, but just be a little gentle on yourself if the losses for that week is lower... It all balances out in the end.

everyone is different and this one one choice only you can make xx

Mark & Shorty - you both give the best advise :worthy:

Thanks everyone x. I already know that I def wont be drinking so I will have a think about what I will allow myself to eat xx

I went out last week and had grilled salmon and a salad from the things listed on page 16 of the Exante book and I ate it fairly slowly. No probs at all and I lost 4lbs last week. I enjoyed it more than any meal out I've had in the last few years! However I should also confess to having 2 glasses of wine ;)

Back