Just at the end of day 3!

Hi, Lurked around the boards for a while but now a new member, I have just started exante and thought maybe the support on here will help me get through it!

I have a fair amount of weight to lose but for now I have set myself a goal of 40lb. I get married in 3 months, and I know around this weight my face looks a lot slimmer, and I know although I will still be a 'big' bride I will be a lot happier looking back at my wedding pictures losing this weight!

The only downside will be the alterations on my dress, but I am sure if I make my goal I won't mind the added expense :)

How have you found it? Any tips for making the soups more interesting?

Hi Mimble this is my third day too :eek:) starting to feel better now although I was wondering how I was going to get through it all. How exciting getting married too I am sure it will give you a boost :eek:) My boost is coming from wanting to be slimmer than I have been for a long time by the time my birthday arrives in a couple of months. I think some of the ladies have put herbs in them, I was ok with soups I struggled with the pasta as it was a little too salty for me.
Keep smiling xxx

Thanks Mimble, but it can only get better for us, I think this is the stage with any other diet I would be starting to look for something to eat, but I have just got another glass of water......
xx

Welcome Wimblebimble

How exciting your getting married, this should keep you focused too :)

I am sure you will look very beautiful on the day whatever happens!

I was ok the 1st week and am in my 2nd week now, have found it slightly harder this week but not really sure why. Still onwards and upwards I will keep going lol xx

Best of luck with Exante, if you can get passed the first week it becomes so much easier. I am now on day 28 and it is routine, I don't even think about eating now, its certainly become a case of eat to live rather than live to eat.

I hope so too, its the first thing I do after breakfast is to see what is for the rest of the day.......

Alia is right. The first few days are worst but the amount of weight you lose in the first week is amazing and really spurs you on. It does also become routine. I lost 8lb in week one and then 2lb in each of the next 2 weeks. I started my 4th week today which is food week and I had a mushroom omelette and salad as well as the 3 exante meals. To be honest even though I had been looking forward to it, I wasn't really hungry and would have been happy just keeping to exante.

Hiya mimble and welcome =)

Good luck! And having your dress made smaller wont be the most annoying expense lol!

What date do you get married?? I get married on the 31st August!!! It's flying in lol

Its the 23rd August, coming up so quick!

Yeah I figure that I will be happy enough to have the dress amended :) How are your plans getting on? I am starting to feel a bit better now as most main things sorted, but was having major panic a month or so back when I realised how much time I had left!

I've just got all of the annoying bits to sort out! I've been having a real problem with one of the flower girls and getting really stressed out - yesterday I was for cancelling it all and begging my fiance for us to go to Jamaica and get married lol

Haha, how awesome though, elope and get married somewhere really secluded. That would definitely be my option, I'm not very good with nerves and I already feel sick with nerves at other people's weddings, so how would my own be.....Walking down the aisle in a beautiful gown, gorgeous bouquet and a sick bag :p

Last edited:
Haha get a multipurpose bouquet with built in sick bag haha!!

I do get really nervous too! My wedding has about 130 guests invited and I don't mind being in front of my family and friends but there's quite a few of his I haven't met (he's from England) and that will make me nervous!! Lol

i always wanted to elope but he didn't want to and his mum wouldn't be happy if we did that! So here we are with a lot of drama and a very angry Chelcie!!! Lol

Oh dear, I can imagine! 130 people! I was bridesmaid at my sister's wedding who is quite an accident prone person. Goodness, trying to stop her from smearing lip gloss on her dress whilst she was simultaneously drinking tea was quite an ordeal. And then she ended up cutting her hand quite badly the day before the wedding and had to "hide" her massive bandage under the flowers. Most of the pictures of the day make her look slightly one-armed :rolleyes:

:character00250:

Ahahaha omg bee that's like my biggest fear!! Im so accident prone and messy, like I spill everything lol!! Im thinking of trying to find some see through plastic sheeting to try and keep me covered also as possible lol

Haha, well, why not, might be handy to keep close by just in case you've got to sit down somewhere unexpected or even just to get in and out of the car so you don't brush along the door frame and get lovely dirt streaks on it or something. Maybe get some of those clear sheets for painting. Ok I should stop right now. I'm sure it's all gonna be amazing. You're getting married in NI?

We talked about vegas before being guilted by parents to have a bigger family wedding! I do get a knot in my stomach when I think about walking down the aisle infront of all those people...

Been some stresses with family (after only getting married here to please them) but seems to be calming down now.

Today has been my hardest day I have been so hungry, I was hoping to be feeling better by now. Maybe that was a bit optimistic. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

oh mimble an early night for you then? I obviously haven't drunk enough today as I had an almighty cystitis type pain - so drinking loads now, I am sure I will bu up half the night, the worst is cooking for the kids and smelling the food. My sticks arrived today and there was a trace of ketosis so heres hoping that I wont be feeling too hungry too much longer. Have you sneeked on the scales yet? Im 5lbs down so feeling much happier xx I hope tomorrow is a better day for you xx

Yes I did weigh my self this morning and I am 6lb down :) I am so glad I did it stopped me picking at the food someone in my office brought in for their birthday!

Back