Just been for my first run! EEEK!

LizzMB

WILL be Slim!
i set myself a tartget of when in the 11's, i would start running!

Well i've just been for my first run..!!!!!!! :D

I get quite bad asthma as well so its a major thing doing this, but although i only managed 1/2 a mile, i only felt i couldnt keep going because of my breathing...not becuase my body didnt want to! I ran the whole time, didnt walk....and i'm pleased as punch! :D:D

I plan on doing my half mile run *hopefully* (childcare allowing as my DH works evenings) every day for a week or two before i up the distance! Just glad i managed it!

CD really has changed my life! :D:D:D:D

Well done! I can't run to save my life no matter what weight I am!:D I've started to do Pilates-although I can't manage some of the moves very well yet, it's getting a little easier. Also dragged out the Leg Magic and have been doing short bursts on there throughout yesterday. Need to start toning up now the end is in sight!:)

I think that half a mile first time out is great, ages ago when I did the marathon I started 'jogging' (well more like stumbling out of breath-ing) and I got to the end of our street, but I just did further and further each day and I bet it was at least 2 weeks before I did half a mile (and back) so I really think that's good!
Good for you running, and I'm mega impressed with your losses!

x

Hats off to you! I too am asthmatic and running is the one thing I just can't do. All my other health problems have improved whilst on CD EXCEPT the asthma. (So much for doctor always saying losing weight would help - it hasn't!)

I admire and envy your stamina!

RejectDoll, Dr said it would improve for me as well....and i'm fighting against them as they want to put me on steroids to control it....bugger that!!!

I'm hoping that the running will help with my lungs a bit and it will get easier, but i'm gonna keep running no matter what!
The way i felt when i got back was amazing....BECUASE I'D DONE IT!:D

Thanks Becky....I swore that no matter what, i would run the whole route i had planned so i was so chuft that i managed it! Still am! Looking forward to me run tomorrow now!

:D

AND, another motivator is that i have a 5k run for Bliss...the prem baby charity on the 27th Sept....so i have to increase a lot before i'm fit enough for that! lol

xx

Well done, that is a brilliant acheivement! I'm hoping to start running, but I want to lose maybe another 3 stone before I start, although I might start swimming again now......

well done! I would like to get started too. I was thinking about a couch 2 5K programme. Did you have a plan or just start right out? xx

I just started....the plans tell you to do a minute run and then a minute walk, but it just sounded too much like hard work, and as soon as you start running, your stopping again, so i just went for it!

I deliberately picked a short managable route without too many hills etc so i didnt push it too hard.

I need to buy some proper running leggings though as i just wore normal ones and they werent ideal....!

halhigdon.com has some great plans. Just remember to keep your pace slow and don't overdo it. Also remember to stretch! Oh and if you havent' done so, please think about getting some proper running shoes from a running store. Will help to prevent a lot of injuries. Been there, done that ;)

If you are/get serious about running then go to a store that puts you on a running machine and then evaluates the best shoes for you, I know there is on in the Triangle in Manchester and I'm sure there are lots more around the country.
The London Marathon web-site is also a good place for tips, and you don't have to have a place in the marathon - they have lots of tools free to use if you sign up/register.

RejectDoll, Dr said it would improve for me as well....and i'm fighting against them as they want to put me on steroids to control it....bugger that!!!

I'm hoping that the running will help with my lungs a bit and it will get easier, but i'm gonna keep running no matter what!
The way i felt when i got back was amazing....BECUASE I'D DONE IT!:D

xx

I haven't had to have steroids for a while thankfully but my spyrometry says my lungs are equivalent to a 70 year old's because of all the scarring from past infections. I don't let it stop me because I do a lot of dancing. It will be interesting to see how my lungs are when I have my next test later in the year though.

I'm glad it made you feel good. I find if it makes you feel good it's easier to commit to doing it!

Back