Just been told i'm built like a rugby player and i'll never be 10 stone.

xSinead

Silver Member
Just been out with my grandad and oh my god, help!! Told him about my weight loss this week & my goal weight. He was like 'your bones are so big and you're built like a rugby player so you will never be a size 10' I feel like running to my bed and crying! :( Is this true? what if it is? I'll never be slim :(

Don't take any notice sugar, you certainly don't look like any rugby player i've seen. Keep on with the diet and you will lose the weight and be what you want :)

Just been out with my grandad and oh my god, help!! Told him about my weight loss this week & my goal weight. He was like 'your bones are so big and you're built like a rugby player so you will never be a size 10' I feel like running to my bed and crying! :( Is this true? what if it is? I'll never be slim :(

PLEASE do not take it to heart ! Have a look through the before and after pic's on here and I am sure you will see people who have lost the amount you want to lose, I bet they didn't believe it was possible but they have done it and you will to ! Think how proud you will be in a years time with your grandad in your skinny jeans and you will be able to remind him of what he said and if you use it in the right way it may give you strength to spur you on and prove him wrong.
Big bones are just a myth x

omg! No blooming way. Don't take any notice. You will get there hun if that's what you want.YOU WILL!!!! Please don't listen. Keep going, 8.5lb is a great start. x

Now you take what he said and use it to help you focus on what YOU want. Think of the day when you prove the doubters wrong, imagine their faces! Use that thought to give you strength.

Oh and take him off your Christmas list! ;)

aw sinead, dont you be getting down on yourself! all this bigged boned rubbish doesnt exist, but bless your grandad that sound just like something my dad would say without meaning any harm, you are such a beautiful girl and we can all do this together, please dont give up xxxx

No such thing as big boned don't see any skelton bones bigger than others, a lot of it about being heavier is it is passed down from our parents, I mean in habits. My mom used to try and feed us up like big pigs. I imagine with your Italtian side the portions at your table were larger than needed and lots pasta and sauces etc. my god it would be difficult to prob stay slim in ur house, I bet the food is lovely. But not good if you want to lose weight. So you go and prove them all wrong. I don't think my mom thinks I will achieve this but I will. Remember sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me. X

I get told the same thing and not even from family =S I get alot of 'you are a big build' and if you lose to much weight you wont look good.... pppfffttt as if i think its just cos they have only ever known me as being 'big built' but like everyone else has advised you i use it as motivation to spur me on, i have seen peoples before and after pics and you would never say they were ever over weight =D

Family members are strange...my Mum always use to tell me when I was dieting that I would never loose the weight from where I needed it i.e. my big fat bum. I use to feel like poking her eyes out with red hot pokers when she said that...its so massively unhelpful.

Its not like we're all doing this to suddenly turn into Kate Moss - we all know our body shapes and the best we can hope to get out of them.

Don't take it to heart and keep at it x

If you have always been big chances are family and friends can't imagine you being a size 10. My first big goal is to be a comfortable size 16 because I never have been, even though my waist is that of a 16 the rest of me doesn't agree! I have broad shoulders and a curved spine, my chances of being a size 10 are small but possible. Just got to look at the bigger picture...built like a rugby player or not your going to lose weight and be healthier :) xx

Lol - ive been a size 16 before.. and im not built like a rugby player at all, i think everyone can see that from my pics. I'm quite small on top and i will be a size 10, i'll prove everyone wrong.

what a load of old rubbish about bones , have u ever seen a fat skeleton?

Family, who'd have them. My dad regularly tells me if he had legs like mine he would walk on his hands!!!! Great first week weight loss, well done.

Back