JUST CURIOUS......TUMMY RUMBLINGS

What time do you eat breakfast and what time does your tummy start rumbling????

I generally eat my breakfast at 7am and my tum starts growling at me around 9.30 but I usually hold off until 10.30 when I have my snack! :eek:

How about you????
REM

I wake up hungry! It's usually at about 6.30, and as hungry as I am I can never eat that early in the morning. I have a banana at around 8am when I get into work, followed by many many coffees. Then it's nothing until lunch, which is whenever I get hungry again, usually around half 12, 1pm :)

Baked potato with egg mayo (extra light hellmans) for lunch today! Can't wait :)

Interesting jacket toppings....

Thanks for your reply.....wow I cant believe you last on so little fuel until lunchtime!! I eat a horse for breakfast :)

I love jackets - here are a few different toppings you might like to give a go???..

Homemade humous - roasted red pepper or pesto flavoured is delicious on a jacket spud.

Smoked salmon with cottage cheese or quark mixed with some fresh herbs and lemon juice.

A can of lentil/chickpea dhal (asda one is free)

I normally have breakfast at 7.30ish and then have my mid-morning snack - banana or an Alpen Light at 10ish and then lunch at 12.30/1ish! I'm a real grazer so do tend to eat every 3 hours xx

I am a late breakfast eater! I don't like the mid morning rumblings so I have a banana and a cuppa when I wake up and then have my breakfast between 9.30 and 11am :)

Thanks for your reply.....wow I cant believe you last on so little fuel until lunchtime!! I eat a horse for breakfast :)

I love jackets - here are a few different toppings you might like to give a go???..

Homemade humous - roasted red pepper or pesto flavoured is delicious on a jacket spud.

Smoked salmon with cottage cheese or quark mixed with some fresh herbs and lemon juice.

A can of lentil/chickpea dhal (asda one is free)

Mmmm smoked salmon :) sounds awesome. Will give that a go when I'm doing EE next week :)

I have breakfast around 7.30 & usually rumble a couple of hours later. I feel starving now so I'll have some fruit soon x

I have breakfast about 8.45, then start getting hungry again about 11.00 so I'll have some fruit. I try to hold out till 1-ish when I have my lunch and then I'm fine till around 6 when I have my evening meal.

It varies for me. If I'm not at work I'll have brekkie at about 8-8.30. If it's just fruit and cereal I'll be hungry again by 11am. If I've had bacon, egg, beans and mushroom I'll last till lunch at about 1pm.

However, if it's a work day, I can't eat till 9am and sometimes have to eat my lunch at 11.45, so it all goes a bit skewiff!

When im at work, i usually have cereal for breakfast at about 8.30 and then my belly starts rumbling agen about 11.00 - 11.30 but got to wait til 12.30 til lunch break where i usually have something like a jacket pot and beans and then i start getting hungry agen about 4ish so i have a little snack such as a yogurt or some fruit and then i have my tea about 6.30 when i get home. Lately though i seem to always be hungry!

i usually have a cup of tea and just have either a box of grapes or strawberries on my desk when i get in work at 8:30, then i have my lunch at 12 and my tea at about 5 or 6pm.

i wake up at 7 shower and get ready wake kids at 7.30 and out the door for 8 to drop them at school i tend to have a cup of tea before i go i never feel hungry in the mornings then i get back at 9.15 and have some fruit or a muller and 1oz alpen that does me till about 12.30. However at the weekends i always do a fry up or scrambeled eggs and beans with marmite on toast around 10 when we get up and that lasts me till around 3 in the afternoon

I am trying not to get to the point where i feel hungry. I nearly always have a banana in my bag and an alpen light bar and automatically eat one or the other (or both) mid morning to ensure i get no hunger pangs.

For me hunger pangs mean i am likely to make dodgy decisions. If i am really hungry then a banana won't do it for me and i will go for something bad (you know, "just this once" mentality).

Seeing this thread title, just reminded me of one of my favourite words, which I rarely if ever use... "borborygmi" which is the medical term for tummy rumblings. Please excuse my borborygmi :eek: :D

I know this is irrelevant, but it really is a fine word! :p

Hi REM! I usually have breakfast at 7:30 and don't have lunch until 2! I find that my porridge keeps me satisfied for a good long while! I buy the porridge with added wheat bran from Waitrose and I mix in some 2% greek yogurt and this keeps me going until lunch. Porridge is great! I also love a fried egg on thick toast spread with laughing cow and ketchup and it keeps me full as well. I don't bother with cereal because you get so little as an HEB and I'm always hungry again in an hour. So my staple breakfasts are porridge & greek yogurt or egg on toast :D

Back