Total Solution Just Doing IT.

ImLosingWeight

Hey! been a while.

I started slimming world 2 weeks ago, weighed in at 21stone 8.5 ibs. Did slimming world for a week, then decided Exante was the way forward and ordered my box of shakes. I know from experience that Exante TS is all or nothing! I lost 3 stone on it before.

While the complete lack of anything else is tough at first, I actually think it's helpful after the first couple of weeks as you start losing the natural urges to want other things. This is a big appeal. Also I love to drink alcohol, and when i did this before I didn't for 3 months which is a nice side impact too.

Day 1 was yesterday. 100% on plan, nice... 3 shakes and some water. So wanted to order something bad in the evening but had 2 glasses of water instead.

Day 2 just starting (been up for an hour). Going to get 600ml of water, and 600ml of flavoured water to bring back up for some work I need to do on the PC.

Starting weight yesterday was 21stone 3ibs.
Weight today is 21stone.

From now on I'm going to weigh myself weekly every week on a Tuesday at 6PM.

Cheers!

Cheers Natalie

Just a quick update here, day 2 just finished another 100% TS nice one! water is helping me out alot , cravings are strong but so far so good.

Today's plan was...

1xbannana milkshake (not bad)
1xchocolate mint milkshake (very nice)
1xtropical milkshake (not bad)
cpl litres of water

Realisation i had today as I had just thought off the urge (haha hillarious, im tired, and typed thought subconsciously, instead of fought... well it was a mental victory i guess!) to order a chinese was that I'm not hungry. I'm not hungry at all (i've been drinking alot of water) but i crave the pleasurable feeling and experience of eating tasty food.
Interesting. Anyway time for bed! Gluck if you're reading with your own diet today!

Realisation i had today as I had just thought off the urge (haha hillarious, im tired, and typed thought subconsciously, instead of fought... well it was a mental victory i guess!) to order a chinese was that I'm not hungry. I'm not hungry at all (i've been drinking alot of water) but i crave the pleasurable feeling and experience of eating tasty food.
Interesting. Anyway time for bed! Gluck if you're reading with your own diet today!

I get that, it seems to be quite common just the desire to actually chew!
Well done for resisting the urge though!

Day 3 AM (feel like I'm writing a post in the big brother house).

Just woke up, got my 600ml of flavored water (which is fast becoming a real treat when you're only drinking water and 3 shakes a day!)

Here's to another 100% day. The great thing with this diet is you can see changes in your body shape every day it's fairly insane, well especially at the start.
My stomach has definitely shrunk last 2 days in a row!

Well done for resisting the urge! I've found that has faded over time, although I've only done 4 weeks...it may come back! That said, I did have to leave the room as the rest of the family had pizza for tea last night!

Good luck for day 3 x

Well done! :)

Thanks Darcy!

Well done for resisting the urge! I've found that has faded over time, although I've only done 4 weeks...it may come back! That said, I did have to leave the room as the rest of the family had pizza for tea last night!

Good luck for day 3 x

Thanks. "only done 4 weeks" - that's awesome!! You're through it now, plain sailing I'm sure pretty much :) nice job!

Welcome Gary, and good luck for your journey. You sound so positive. What's your target, or do you plan to stay on Exante for a set period or what?

I have - oh no, I HAD - 6st to lose, in two three month periods this year. I'm 8 weeks through the first, and bang on schedule to make that first 3st in the next month (probably more if I behave myself)! Then I'll start all over again later in the year! Time does fly - the first few days are tricky but as the others have said, the urge to stuff things in your gob remains (old habits die hard and all that!) :character00254:

That's really sweet of you and I hope you're right! It's gone really quickly and I hope it does for you too x
Thanks foodforthought!

Welcome Gary, and good luck for your journey. You sound so positive. What's your target, or do you plan to stay on Exante for a set period or what?

I have - oh no, I HAD - 6st to lose, in two three month periods this year. I'm 8 weeks through the first, and bang on schedule to make that first 3st in the next month (probably more if I behave myself)! Then I'll start all over again later in the year! Time does fly - the first few days are tricky but as the others have said, the urge to stuff things in your gob remains (old habits die hard and all that!) :character00254:

Well done Spinoza. You've lost 3 stone almost already, that's really fantastic. Way to go. My target is 12 stone which means I need to lose 9 stone from my current weight, I plan to stay on Exante until I reach 12 stone, not sure if i'll take the food introduction breaks they talk of at 4 weeks yet or not.

End of day 4 update

So far 100% on TS, and i'm just having the shakes and fluids so that's pleasing.

It was a bit of an tricky one last 24 hours or so as I woke up ~32 hours ago but decided to stay awake all this time to get my sleeping pattern back to regular daylight hours, as I'm going to visit family tomorrow and need to catch a train early (i tend to work in the night and am a night person usually). I am about to go and get one now at 11pm.

Am hoping fact i didn't sleep last night wont impact my weight loss that much.

Yesterday I had
1x blueberry smoothie
1x chocolate mint (very nice)
1x toffee caramel

Today I had
1xchocolate (which i made with half hot water, half cold, trying to get a hot chocolate, lol didnt really work)
1xhoneycomb (kind of nice)

Yesterday I also did a quick bit of research as my body was craving something hot, and found out you can have tea (without sugar and milk) and coffee (without sugar and milk).
So i made myself a black tea, and have never enjoyed a few sips of black tea so much :p ... I say a few sips because that was at 5pm and I then fell asleep in the living room until 1.5 hours ago (so for about 3.5 hours)

Reflections etc.

I am missing eating food I used to enjoy eating, but I'm not feeling hungry. I never considered myself to be a huge eater, even people that know me sometimes would say you don't eat that much really do you? (meaning for my size i dont eat a huge amount) which is kind of true. But when I do eat i eat junk, chinese takeaway for instance (which I am really missing at the moment) ; and also drinking alcohol.

I'm not missing not drinking alcohol, overall not drinking alcohol is a very positive thing in my life. It's creating some space for me to start taking positive action to move forward with things I want to accomplish.
The missing food I used to like tasting is a bit tougher, but I'm sure these cravings will dissipate given some time. It's end of day 4 now and I think in about a week things will not be quite as difficult mentally (or so i hope!).

On the plus side the financial benefits of this diet are already being realised. I mean even if you aren't being lavish with your money etc or you don't have a lot, it's surprising just how much you spend on food and drinks etc. I took £10 out of a cash point when I went to pick up some train tickets for a journey tomorrow, and I still have the £10 in my pocket. Nice.

Final reflection for now... is that it feels good to be getting some clarity about food, and some distance from it. This diet is about so much more than simply putting less in your body, it allows you to re-examine the way you think about food, and realise just what a powerful sway food has over your thinking.

Going forward!

Tomorrow I'm taking my mum to visit my sister. This I am expecting will be difficult as it's a 3 hour train journey, and I used to like a bit of food when travelling those distances etc and a few coffees. Also over the weekend, there may be a take away being ordered, and I'll miss that, also just the experience of eating nice food around good times, i'll miss. But I am going to keep my eyes on the prize, where I will be in 10 months time if I stick to this plan 100%. The lightest I've ever been in my entire adult life. This will be truly liberating, as I have just become accustomed to being this overweight (20 - 21 stone) since I was about 18 years old. So ironically in my early 30's I could start enjoying the best life I have ever had, and if that doesn't motivate me to continue onwards past day 4 I don't know what will!

Going to make my last shake of the day I think now which will mean I've had my 3 for the day, think i'll go for a chocolate mint!

Last edited:
Wow hard to stay on plan today, smelt a great bit if Italian sausage on train on way down to my sisters. Then this even relaxing with family nice atmosphere just seemed perfect for a Chinese resisted! My sister cooked a meal and asked if I wanted any I faltered but in end Saud no. Then I asked my mum for 1 crisp thinking it wouldn't take me out of ketosis and just as I was about to eat my sister said won't that take you out of ketosis?

True I couldn't be sure so resisted at final minute. Just having last shake of day for day 5 another 100% TS but toughest day mentally so far.

Was motivated when I weighed myself this morning and was 20st11 which means I've lost 4 pounds in 4 days. Just put a bit of crushed ice in last shake tastes quite different more like a milkshake.

Looking forward to 10 months time when I can eat nice food within reason AND be at my desired weight/body shape, can't wait. For now on track which is the main thing!

Also bonus, my sister had some exante past date and I tried 2 today and they tasted ok even though one was BB Dec last year. :)

Have a great weekend all

Well done for resisting!
Especially at the moment, it seems to get easier around day 6 or 7 but you should be proud of yourself
Great loss too!

What an amazing attitude you have - very inspiring :)

I've battled with my weight my entire life :oops:

.......food has been my friend and comfort, but never solved anything :(

Like you, I have found Exante liberating in taking food out of the equation......and developing a new relationship with it over time

I have been on TS since January and have lost 61 lbs..........but I have a lot more to go yet :rolleyes:

Apart from one comfort eating 'relapse' for a few days recently, I haven't wavered :)

Well done so far, and every best wish for your journey :D

Well done on resisting all the food over the last few days, the first week is *always* the hardest! Not always for the hunger as such, but more for breaking habits if anything... It takes 3-4 weeks to form new habits, so making the decision to say no to temptation will come more naturally as time passes :) Take it one day at a time, one week at a time and you will definitely get where you want to be. It's good that your family is supporting you and understand the diet, that is a bonus!

I did Lighter Life for 10 months a few years ago, and I can't say it was easy, but it was more of a mental struggle... Still, the distance away from food and realising why I ate the way I did and when - helped me form new coping mechanisms and build a new understanding of nutrition and how I should eat. I can't say I eat 100% well all the time, there's still periods of naughtiness, but I now know it's all a balance, so long as it's good 90% of the time, the weight will remain steady and won't get out of control. :)

Good luck with your weight loss adventure!

Well done for resisting!
Especially at the moment, it seems to get easier around day 6 or 7 but you should be proud of yourself
Great loss too!

Thanks Natalie.

What an amazing attitude you have - very inspiring :)

I've battled with my weight my entire life :oops:

.......food has been my friend and comfort, but never solved anything :(

Like you, I have found Exante liberating in taking food out of the equation......and developing a new relationship with it over time

I have been on TS since January and have lost 61 lbs..........but I have a lot more to go yet :rolleyes:

Apart from one comfort eating 'relapse' for a few days recently, I haven't wavered :)

Well done so far, and every best wish for your journey :D

Great about your loss. Nice one for getting back on it since your mini break!

Well done on resisting all the food over the last few days, the first week is *always* the hardest! Not always for the hunger as such, but more for breaking habits if anything... It takes 3-4 weeks to form new habits, so making the decision to say no to temptation will come more naturally as time passes :) Take it one day at a time, one week at a time and you will definitely get where you want to be. It's good that your family is supporting you and understand the diet, that is a bonus!

I did Lighter Life for 10 months a few years ago, and I can't say it was easy, but it was more of a mental struggle... Still, the distance away from food and realising why I ate the way I did and when - helped me form new coping mechanisms and build a new understanding of nutrition and how I should eat. I can't say I eat 100% well all the time, there's still periods of naughtiness, but I now know it's all a balance, so long as it's good 90% of the time, the weight will remain steady and won't get out of control. :)

Good luck with your weight loss adventure!

Thanks yes relate to the mental struggle.
I definitely think it's more mental than anything else.

Went out to supermarket with family today, bought some bovril , seemed to remember it was free on exante, but just checked and it seems to be 1 cube a day max and I read something else that said should avoid altogether so decided to avoid it.

Feel like I'm coming down with something. Got 1 shake left today.

My sister is cooking a roast today. Kind of battling with idea that's it's ok to come off for 1 day then get back on , but I know it's better to just stay on when all's said and done. I guessed it would be difficult at my sister's for a weekend break. And contemplated not starting until next week, which I kind of wish I did.

Then again already I'm being told my face looks slimmer. Trousers I bought 5 weeks ago that were tight are now comfortable even sitting down. So this is nice. Just wished I could go to sleep for 5 months and wake up and have been 100% on exante that time. I guess that's a bit of a sad statement about quality of experience at the moment. But food creates chemical reactions in the brain as does alcohol and I'm definitely missing the absence of both at the moment.

I watched an interesting video earlier talking about the mental game. Fitness coach was answering a question from someone that said they found it hard to cope with cravings etc and the coach replied by saying..

You are weak. You think others don't feel cravings? You think even I don't feel cravings? The difference between me and you is not physique, it's not physical strength... it's mental strength. 99% of the population do give in to their cravings, that's fine join them if you want. I can put off 5 seconds of pleasure in my mouth for feeling great about how I look and what I've achieved 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

This kind of mental self talk may be kind of useful I think. So will try to remember it going forward. Definitely tough right now and another day at it tomorrow but when back home I can get back into my routine which will be good.

Someone said something to me once not about weight but about other changes I was making and I think it's really relevant here too.

You don't want this to be easy and happening overnight, if it could happen instantly that would be bad, because then with a flick of a switch it could get reversed and be undone. By being something that takes time and has to build up to a success, it means the outcome can't just be overdone over night.

That's kinda helpful thinking at the moment.

So this is day 6 update. As I won't be back the tablet tonight! Going to get a coffee in a minute maybe even follow it with a tea. Woah rocking the Saturday night lol. Roll on 5 months time!

Last edited:
Quick update day 7am been a 100% week and that isn't going to change anytime soon, so tomorrow morning should be official 100% week. I think fact I'm just doing shakes is helping my body churn through the digestion, my stomach seems to be getting smaller every day :)

Had a double espresso Costa yesterday made in a nespreso my sister has (coffee machine) tasted much better than instant might treat myself to one at 4 stone lost point.

Feeling great about surviving cravings over the weekend. I am fairly confident future cravings will be all the easier for it as I now have some evidence to know when I had strong cravings before i was more powerful than the cravings.

Only had 3.5 hours sleep but don't feel too tired, it reminds me that apart from weight loss this diet is helping our body have a break in so many other ways, I may have usually been digesting a 3 course Chinese Saturday night in my sleep, body must think it's on holiday haha.

Will be travelling back to London later this afternoon. Had a really nice weekend and it was made all the better for absence of alcohol and knowing I've had my first 100% weekend.

Have an awesome Sunday everyone. Good luck with your plans!

Back