Just feeling like I have no motivation anymore

NN89

Sexy Member
Ive had a bad month, have lost 3.5lbs which is fab, but that was after having a bad july of gains and maintains! Where i got motivated, and..well..its suddenly gone! I genuinely feel like i can't be arsed anymore, im tired after work, and its more convenient for me to eat a chocolate bar, or a takeaway, i guess ive had so long of not having these things, im REALLY craving them now! I woke up at 3am last night just to get myself a chocolate bar from tesco!

I am stressed at the moment with exams and assignments coming up, but its not excuse, ive also not used my gym membership in 2 weeks!! I could really do with someone on facebook, msn etc that I can talk too daily, like a consultant at the other end, when i need motivation etc. After putting on 2 stone, in january- and now almost loosing it, im now back to the size I was for 10 years, which- tbh i'm used too, and I guess because im SO used to this shape, im not feeling as bothered

whats wrong with me?! I know its unhealthy, i KNOW it doesn't look good and doesn't make me feel good- so why am i just not bothering?!

Oh and to top it off, people who started the same time as me, have lost 2.5 stone..3 stone..i'm still waiting for my 2 stone!

NN89 dont give up, you have come this far with 25lbs off
hugs.gif

you lost 3.5 in july, well done :) break that down to approx 1lb a week. the books say an average of 1 - 2 lb loss is healthy.

Last edited:
just look at your ticker underneath what you have just thread,,,,25lbs! thats fab,,, forget about time your around for a while so you've got time to lose it! 25lbs is alot of weight just think about it in potatos! thats alot! so keep going, take things back to basics and one step at a time! you can do it! :)

You've lost more than me, in less time hun!!!

As someone who has struggled with motivation over the last couple of months, I can really relate to how you're feeling. I've been stuck around my current weight for what seems like forever. Sometimes it's deserved and that's fair enough...but others it's just frustrating.

I too am just around the same weight I'd been for a few years and I think my body is finding it really hard to get past it. It's so used to being there. I think I'm going to have to do something quite extreme to get past it.

The only real advice I can give you is keep going. A meal at a time, a day at a time... The last thing you want is to end up getting heavier and heavier and having to do all this hard work again. Make that your motivation. Even if you decide you're happy to maintain for a while before getting in the zone again, there's nothing wrong with that.

We're all here for you.

H x

you can not compare yourself to others, we are all on our own journey. try not to get down and look at the positives - you ahve lost some wight an achievement and your seeking help so you finding ways constructively to change. now you have to work on the negative thoughts and look on the bright side of life :)

I know EXACTLY how you feel... I have felt that way for about 2 months. I think I am through it now... suddenly feeling far more positive about my eating again, which is nice.
As for people losing more than you.... 1 girl in my class started 1 week before me and has lost almost a stone more, which really annoyed me for ages, until I said to my OH, and he said to me "But she's not you!" Which is quite true. I know it's hard, but you have to think of you, and the reasons that you want to lose weight, not anyone else.
You have lost 25lbs in 17 weeks... over 1lb a week... that's a great average. I've lost 33 in 31 weeks... only just over that 1lb. I am different than you.
I think I might be waffling now though, so I'm going to shut up, but put my facebook link below so you can add me if you like. I'm on everyday (much to Barry's annoyance!!!)
You are FAB and you are doing AMAZINGLY WELL!!! Don't forget how far you've come!!!
Emma xXx
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=223305836&ref=profile

talk to any dietician and they will tell you that if you loose more than one or two pounds a week you are more likely to put it straight back on. Our C. lost 5 stone in about a year and 1/4 which is about a pound per week. She has kept it off for nearly two years now. The message is slower is better. I suggest you find something that weighs 25lb, putit in a ruck sack and carry it around the house for 20 minutes. You will be so glad you lost it !!! then do the same with the weight you would like to loose. We all have bad days but that doesn't mean we have bad years. Keep going You know it is worth it.

talk to any dietician and they will tell you that if you loose more than one or two pounds a week you are more likely to put it straight back on. Our C. lost 5 stone in about a year and 1/4 which is about a pound per week. She has kept it off for nearly two years now. The message is slower is better. I suggest you find something that weighs 25lb, putit in a ruck sack and carry it around the house for 20 minutes. You will be so glad you lost it !!! then do the same with the weight you would like to loose. We all have bad days but that doesn't mean we have bad years. Keep going You know it is worth it.

Thats a good suggestion, what could i put in the sack?

Hugs hun, I think you have identified the problem youself babes, your tired and stressed out. Sometimes when you get like that, everything just seems so impossible, and the easy way out is to say bugger it. Well yeah, you can say that and go back to old ways, but would you be happy, I don't think so. You just need to step outside of the circle for a moment and look at the whole picture. Sit yourself down and get organised with things. Prioratise your life, get on with assignments etc but in a time managed way. Amongst all the hustle and bustle of your life you have to remember to give yourself some quality time too. If your overtired you won't function properly at anything so you must make sure you get 8 hours sleep in every night. Try and make comming in from work easier for yourself meal wise, have you got a slow cooker that you could put a casserole in to be ready when you come home. Cooking fish and stir fries are really quick. Always cook at least double the amount and make use of your freezer for quick meals. Use your knowledge of SW that you have gained already and start making it work for you, not against you. I believe that once you are not feeling so exhausted, you will begin to feel you can cope again with everything, but you have got to take it a day at a time and not want everything to be sorted by 9 oclock in the morning, it won't be. Sort one thing out each day and by the end of the week you might find you have a good routine going again and are feeling in control, i think your motivation will return when this happens, but in all honesty I feel you would be best to just try and maintain for this week to take some of the pressure of youself. You have been doing fantasticaly well and nice and steady is the right way to do it. Nobody elses weight loss matters to you, so don't put more pressure on yourself by worrying why people are loosing quicker than you, it just doesn't matter.

Take care xx

Hun I felt miserable the other week about my weight and my OH took me bowling. The heaviest balls they have there weigh 14lbs. I've lost 8 of those babies. Oh my God were they heavy!

You've lost about 2 of them with your 25lbs, go see how heavy a 14lb bowling ball is mate, you will NOT feel despondent after holding that thing. Or try one in each hand and see if you can lift them, that's what weight you used to be!

THEN, do some bowling for healthy fun exercise!!!

Dude, what you've lost is an accomplishment, celebrate it! (but not with chocolate, it's so not worth it!)

A good trick I've found when I'm lacking focus or feeling disappointed with my weight loss is to weigh out your total loss on a set of scales (using canned food for example), put it in a bag, lift it and then try to imagine giving up and putting that all back on.

I was struggling a few weeks back, fitting into old clothes, but the good friends on here supplied me with a few good kicks up the bum! Just what I needed! That and looking at myself without clothes on :eek: in a full length mirror! Which showed me just how much I need to carry on! Look at old photos, measure yourself, and tho it's the last thing you feel like doing when you're knackered, GO BACK to the gym! You know how good it feels after a good session, and it will calm your mind and lower your stress levels.
PS good advice Charlotte!

Lot's of good advice given here, so I will just wish you well for your continuing weight loss, don't give up keep using this forum for help and motivation and you will be alright again, love to you. X

Back