Just for fun (no offence intended)

Great thread :D
Following on from Evilpenguins good advice;)

I WILL:-
  • get to pick clothes because I like them and NOT beacause they are my size
  • be able to go out at a moments notice -because I can just grab anything from my wardrobe and look good -and not need at least a weeks notice so I can try everything in my wardrobe on (3 times) and resort to going to look for something new -THEN deciding "I didn't want to blasted go out anyway":eek:
  • weigh less than my hubby
  • stand in front of the camera and not hit the ground like Im under fire the minute I see some-one weilding one of the damn contraptions :8855:
  • go into le senza and splurge on lots of lovely undies with delicate straps-not the super strong "over the shoulder boulder holders"
Im sure there are loads more that will come to mind... but there is my list for now :D

Capricorn, thanks for reminding me about the
*weigh less than hubby*

Capricorn, thanks for reminding me about the
*weigh less than hubby*
It might be easier if the little sod wasn't doing SW with me :8855:

I would love to even just weigh the same as my bf! He's 17stone looking to lose a few, and also doing SW with me :D

I would love to even just weigh the same as my bf! He's 17stone looking to lose a few, and also doing SW with me :D
If it wasn't for the fact my hubby is a little diamond I would ask for a swap mine is only just over 14st :p -I WILL catch up with him eventually -afterall he can't go much lower than 12st surely ....pleasssssse :8855:

My hubby is about 18 stone, oh my would I love to rub it in his face when I'm lighter than him :D

My husband just doesn't put on weight I don't think I'll ever manage to be as small as him.:cry: He's been between 11 and 12 stone for the last 11 years I've known him and at 6'2 he's not got an ounce of fat on him! Oh well I'll do my best.

Lol...although my Hubby weighs 10 stone heavier than me, he still has smaller thighs! I would love to have his thighs!!! :)

I have achieved part of my aims by climbing Scarfel Pike and Snowdon already and aim to climb Ben Nevis in September, but Im still concious when I go shopping as to my size and Ive gone from a 28-30 to a 12-16!
I still hate having my photo taken and I have given up worrying over what people think of me (this was one of my new year resolutions and I have stuck by it!)...if I want to run after my Daughter pretending to be a monkey chasing her then I will!

I want to:

1. Stop being a floating head in photos.
2. Go into a clothes shop and look for something I like and THEN see if they have my size. Not go and look for my size and THEN see if I like whatever is on that hanger.

I want to weigh less than my hubby too. Ok, I am slightly taller than him but thats not the point.

Also. I want to be able to run upstairs without hearing a slapping noise. Ok, this is an improvement from how things were before because it used to be that a) walking up the stairs was an effort and b)my fat gut beat gravity and didnt move off the tops of my thighs when I went upstairs anyway. It is now sufficiently reduced to be a little more anti-gravity and thus DOES move, and I can now RUN up the stairs, but still, the fwapping noise is quite unnerving. I need to get some suck-me-in pants to minimise that.

I want to be able to buy clothes because I like them, and not because they hide unsightly lumps.

I want to be run over by a steamroller, so that any unsightly lumps that do remain just give me extra width, rather than depth.

Really, I would like a tummy tuck once I get to target. I have had 3 kids, the largest of which was 9lb 9oz and the smallest was 8lb 7 and I have the stretchmark maze to prove it, and even at target that skins going to be a bit flaptastic. I have NEVER had a flat stomach, and I would love, just for once in my life, to be able to wear a fitted dress or top. Thats all wishful thinking though, we could never afford one.

I can relate to the 'buying cause it fits' one - I hate that, and then when you have lost weight you throw them out, and then - whalah! get fat again and buy the same old boring fat stuff as before!

I want a cream or white suit, that looks nice, and not like a giant merringue!

to be able to run again, and enjoy it! and not need intubating afterwards!

i really really want to run around with my kids and go swimming but i'd also like to not get 'looks' from other people. you can see they think 'fat cow' and it makes me angry cos they see the fat but nothing else. i would like to take up running but i never admitted that before as it seems like such a mental concept for me. i dont wanna be a fulltime jogger but to be able to train for and do a 10k run or half marathon for charity would be fab.

the shoe thing is definitely true. when i am under 11ish stones i am a size 4... above that i am a size 5 and could never squeeze into a 4. I know sonkie dropped a couple of shoe sizes when she lost 8 stones before.

It might be easier if the little sod wasn't doing SW with me :8855:

Mine isnt, he is one of those who can 'eat what he wants' play sport and stay thin and fit...we cant win:8855::8855:

Mine too! He has to have a medical review every year due to his underactive thyroid, something which usually makes you gain weight or make it harder to lose weight. He thinks nothing of eating a packet of biscuits with one cup of coffee, dunking them three at a time! He doesn't eat ANY fruit, eats only runner beans for veg and pretty much fries everything. His eating habits are appalling but in the whole year he gained ONE LB! How does that work? I only have to look at chocolate and that one lb is on my hips! :8855:

Mine too! He has to have a medical review every year due to his underactive thyroid, something which usually makes you gain weight or make it harder to lose weight. He thinks nothing of eating a packet of biscuits with one cup of coffee, dunking them three at a time! He doesn't eat ANY fruit, eats only runner beans for veg and pretty much fries everything. His eating habits are appalling but in the whole year he gained ONE LB! How does that work? I only have to look at chocolate and that one lb is on my hips! :8855:

Mine is the same too Libra, can eat like a pig and never puts on an ounce! Mind you he is very active (he's in the Army) so he burns off a lot.

I have resigned myself to the fact i will never weigh lighter than him as at 5'8" he weighs about 62kgs. I'd be happy to reach that but i'll never be lighter.:sigh:

I agree with the weighing less than OH!! I can't wait till I'm lighter.

I also cannot wait to look pretty in a nice dress without feeling like a total elephant!

Oh my, ladies, I agree with pretty much everything said, and laughing at some of them!

I agree about the feet shrinking...at my lightest (14st) I wore size 8 regular. I'm now a size 10 wide. Also, I was watching MTV's greatest celebrity weight losses, and that guy Ron Lester, lost 348lbs with WLS and SHRUNK in height (apparently due to all the excess fat around his head and feet) as well as in shoe sizes.

I'd like to go into the store that I went into a while back to get a gift for a friend. The lady in the store told me to my face that they did not stock my size, so I shouldn't bother coming in. She actually stopped me at the door! :mad:

I'd like to walk and run without pain and excessive breathlessness.

I'd like to be able to cross my legs yoga style...haven't been been able to do that since primary school :eek:

I'd like to wear heels again!!! :D

I'd like to go to the doctors and not have them blame EVERYTHING on my weight. This one is very important to me, because someone close to me found a lump in her breast and was fobbed off (she's 18st) because of her weight. After a very fortunate second opinion, it was indeed cancer (ductal carcinoma in situ, to be exact) and she had mastectomy. She's been cancer free for exactly a year now.

That said, I'd like to be in better health, because I've got 2 'rare', very painful ailments as it is, not caused by obesity, but exacerbated by it. Unfortunately, some health professionals can't seem to tell the difference. The things these doctors/nurses have said to me...unreal.

I ultimately just want to be comfortable and happy in my own skin for once.

And....this may sound weird, but I want to see my 'real' face, if that makes sense? Right now, I don't feel that I look like 'me'...I feel like excess weight distorts my face...okay that even feels weird to write! :eek:

I would like to:

1) Get into Size 14 clothes. I was this size ONCE in my life and even then I think it was only because the cut was generous!

2) Bare my arms in public without thinking everyone is going to run away shrieking.

3) Have my blood pressure taken using the "normal" cuff rather than the "fat cow" one

4) Be able to see my own lady-garden without having to move my belly out the way and use multiple mirrors

5) Go for a bikini wax without having to worry that I'd better bring a mining helmet and torch for the waxer.

6) Have a spray tan standing in my bra and knickers without fear of horrifying the therapist to the point where she need hospital treatment.

7) Have my nipples stand parallel to the floor rather than constantly looking down at the carpet (and no, I've not had kids!)

8) Be able to wear standard sized bracelets.

9) Not have to use Sudacrem on the occasional "sore bits" I get under my rolls of fat

10) Not have to worry about plane seats ever again.

11) Be able to be genuinely thrilled when my bf buys me a gift experience for Xmas - and not instantly think "oh my god, what if there's a weight limit?"

12) Be able to be around chocolate and cake without behaving like a crack-head in an opium den.

13) Be able to eat ONE biscuit from a packet, put the packet back in the cupboard and the rest still be there a week later.

That's all for now, I'm sure I'll think of others!

Oh my, ladies, I agree with pretty much everything said, and laughing at some of them!

I agree about the feet shrinking...at my lightest (14st) I wore size 8 regular. I'm now a size 10 wide. Also, I was watching MTV's greatest celebrity weight losses, and that guy Ron Lester, lost 348lbs with WLS and SHRUNK in height (apparently due to all the excess fat around his head and feet) as well as in shoe sizes.

I'd like to go into the store that I went into a while back to get a gift for a friend. The lady in the store told me to my face that they did not stock my size, so I shouldn't bother coming in. She actually stopped me at the door! :mad:

I'd like to walk and run without pain and excessive breathlessness.

I'd like to be able to cross my legs yoga style...haven't been been able to do that since primary school :eek:

I'd like to wear heels again!!! :D

I'd like to go to the doctors and not have them blame EVERYTHING on my weight. This one is very important to me, because someone close to me found a lump in her breast and was fobbed off (she's 18st) because of her weight. After a very fortunate second opinion, it was indeed cancer (ductal carcinoma in situ, to be exact) and she had mastectomy. She's been cancer free for exactly a year now.

That said, I'd like to be in better health, because I've got 2 'rare', very painful ailments as it is, not caused by obesity, but exacerbated by it. Unfortunately, some health professionals can't seem to tell the difference. The things these doctors/nurses have said to me...unreal.

I ultimately just want to be comfortable and happy in my own skin for once.

And....this may sound weird, but I want to see my 'real' face, if that makes sense? Right now, I don't feel that I look like 'me'...I feel like excess weight distorts my face...okay that even feels weird to write! :eek:

The feet thing has really got me excited - for as long as I can remember I've struggled to get shoes to fit me and now I have to pay a fortune to get them - ooooo the fun I'll be able to have shoe shopping, I'm gonna start saving from now!! :p

Back