Just for fun (no offence intended)

Oh god, the plane one is so me!!(Just look at my signature thingy!!)
I'd love to be able to get my tray down flat for my meal and drink. Only time I've ever been able to do that was when we flew in upper class!!!
I bought a pair of size 16 shorts from Debenhams and hung them on the wardrobe door as my inspiration - I couldn't even get them over my thighs in January. Now I can get them on and actually fasten them (only when breathing in though!!) So I'm with everyone who wants to shop in 'normal' shops.
Finally, I'd like to walk down the aisle on the plane in September without having to turn sideways!!!!

I would like to:

1) Get into Size 14 clothes. I was this size ONCE in my life and even then I think it was only because the cut was generous!

2) Bare my arms in public without thinking everyone is going to run away shrieking.

3) Have my blood pressure taken using the "normal" cuff rather than the "fat cow" one

4) Be able to see my own lady-garden without having to move my belly out the way and use multiple mirrors

5) Go for a bikini wax without having to worry that I'd better bring a mining helmet and torch for the waxer.

6) Have a spray tan standing in my bra and knickers without fear of horrifying the therapist to the point where she need hospital treatment.

7) Have my nipples stand parallel to the floor rather than constantly looking down at the carpet (and no, I've not had kids!)

8) Be able to wear standard sized bracelets.

9) Not have to use Sudacrem on the occasional "sore bits" I get under my rolls of fat

10) Not have to worry about plane seats ever again.

11) Be able to be genuinely thrilled when my bf buys me a gift experience for Xmas - and not instantly think "oh my god, what if there's a weight limit?"

12) Be able to be around chocolate and cake without behaving like a crack-head in an opium den.

13) Be able to eat ONE biscuit from a packet, put the packet back in the cupboard and the rest still be there a week later.

That's all for now, I'm sure I'll think of others!

Oh Pink Pink Pink you have had me in stitches, luv the way you describe things.

I dont think my nipples have ever pointed in the right direction and I doubt they ever will without a helping hand - I've know my boobs will look like a cocker spaniels ears when I'm done cause I'm only a C cup now!!

As for the lady garden I'm totally sure mirrors or no mirrors mine does n't resemble anything near like a normal garden rather like the overgrowth after missing a grass cutting session in mid july!! I have trouble finding the normal landmarks one would expect to find in that region! :eek: Not a pretty sight :8855:

I've avoided having a spray tan cause I'd never put myself through the embarrassment of being charged twice as much as there was n't enough tan in the bottle to cover my undulating bits! :sigh:

Alia, I figure if shoe sizes can go up, they bloody better also come down! :D If I could go back to an 8, I'd be ecstatic, anything lower than that is a bonus.

Pinksparklybirdy, Bracelets! Yes! With you 1000%! I'll add that I'd love to be able to wear a necklace without it looking like I'm wearing a choker. And rings! Omg, rings...Sometimes I'm in awe how this thing called fat affects soooo much. Not for long though!

yes youve just reminded me of another one. Id like to be able to wear my wedding, engagement and eternity ring again. :( They just dont fit and it makes me feel like I dont love my husband.

yes youve just reminded me of another one. Id like to be able to wear my wedding, engagement and eternity ring again. :( They just dont fit and it makes me feel like I dont love my husband.
Oh Bum - I forgot that one too -I have "fat pork sausage fingers" -so my wedding and engagement rings don't fit :cry: -although when we went to Kefalonia 3 years ago hubby got me a "new wedding ring" -but its not the same -and now its a bit too big :D-can't wait to get them on and keep them there;)
Ohhh and you do lose fat of your feet -its usually the first place I lose it from :rolleyes:-of all the places!!! not my chins, not my belly -my blinkin feet :8855:at least this time its coming of my middle:p

I would like to:

1) Get into Size 14 clothes. I was this size ONCE in my life and even then I think it was only because the cut was generous!

2) Bare my arms in public without thinking everyone is going to run away shrieking.

3) Have my blood pressure taken using the "normal" cuff rather than the "fat cow" one

4) Be able to see my own lady-garden without having to move my belly out the way and use multiple mirrors

5) Go for a bikini wax without having to worry that I'd better bring a mining helmet and torch for the waxer.

6) Have a spray tan standing in my bra and knickers without fear of horrifying the therapist to the point where she need hospital treatment.

7) Have my nipples stand parallel to the floor rather than constantly looking down at the carpet (and no, I've not had kids!)

9) Not have to use Sudacrem on the occasional "sore bits" I get under my rolls of fat

11) Be able to be genuinely thrilled when my bf buys me a gift experience for Xmas - and not instantly think "oh my god, what if there's a weight limit?"

12) Be able to be around chocolate and cake without behaving like a crack-head in an opium den.

13) Be able to eat ONE biscuit from a packet, put the packet back in the cupboard and the rest still be there a week later.

That's all for now, I'm sure I'll think of others!

I so agree with number 12, infact all of them. I too have had to have the 'fat' cuff, I once spent a whole day in hopital when pregnant because the midwife didnt have one and had to use the standard cuff - there was in fact nothing wrong with me!

I forgot the chins!! want to be able to see my neck - its only short but it was once there, am fed up of looking like a rugby prop who has been in one to many scrums!

I love this thread!

I thought of some more I wants:
1. I want to sit in a 2 seater sports car AND be able to get out again!
2. I want to jump out of an aeroplane and not think I am going to leave a crater when I hit the ground!
3. I want to buy a dress I really like AND be able to get the zip up AND for it not to rip when I sit down! :giggle:

1. I want to be able to wear boots! I carry a lot of weight on my legs and struggle to get boots to fit.
  2. To wear a skirt without legs rubbing.
  3. To wear a swimsuit and feel comfortable.
  4. To have a normal sized chest and wear pretty tops.
  5. To be lighter than my OH which is sad really as he is a big bloke.
  6. To not get comments off total strangers in the street.
  7. To look nice in sexy undies for OH.
  8. To be able to go to the Docs and be told that whatever is wrong is not down to my weight for once. (I swear if I went to one of the Docs where I go with an ingrowing toenail it would be because of my weight!)
  9. To be able to wear a 14-16 from any shop.
I'll probably think of a lot more :D

I want to see people who I haven't seen in years and them say wow when they see me.

I want to be able to have the tattoo to remember the little boy I lost that I have had planned for 5 years but have never got for fear it would look like a carrier bag had melted.

I want to dress my age.

I want to be able to go in shops with my best friend on a girly shopping trip and be able to join in with the clothes buying.

I want to be able to have a photo taken without me having to do the look up pose to hide my 17 chins. I want to smile in pics and not worry that i just created another 3 chins.

I want to feel happy enough to date rather than ashamed of what i look like to others.

I want to buy a bed that lasts and not to worry that I'm going to go through the slats under the mattress (I've given up on divan beds, I've had 3 in the last 6 years, the last one a super kingsize that was only about 2 years old but the base had gone through and you only had to sit on it for it to creak more than I ever thought possible and that cost me £900)

I want to drive hubby's car and feel comfortable driving it - its only a corsa but it deffinately was not designed for people my size.

I want the seatbelt in the car to fit properly and not end up strangling me - dont know if its just me or other round people but the seat belt always rides up, hard to describe but I bet it does n't with skinny people.

I want to wear a bra that actually fits me properly and does n't ride up my back and the underwire does n't dig into me under my arm.

I'd like to go into the store that I went into a while back to get a gift for a friend. The lady in the store told me to my face that they did not stock my size, so I shouldn't bother coming in. She actually stopped me at the door! :mad:

That's appalling :mad:

I want to weigh less than my hubby too. Ok, I am slightly taller than him but thats not the point.

Same here! Also want to be able to not feel like people think he has some fat, hideous girlfriend

Be able to believe him when he says i'm attractive and sexy

To feel like it's ok for me to stand out for the colours i dye my hair and the bright makeup i wear without feeling like people think i'm too fat for it

Wear the clothes i want to - puffy skirts, sleeveless tops etc

Not be constantly ruled by my weight

Get back to the weight i was and into the trousers i wore when i started my PhD

Just to be healthier and feel better about myself :)

Stop obsessing and valuing myself on my weight

Great thread :D Nice to read that other people understand feelings I have.

I would love to weigh less than my husband...for the first time ever!
To look and feel more 'normal' in pictures and in real life, not getting those looks grrrrr! I still see those looks now and I want to say hey you think I'm bad now...you should have seen me last year!
I've still got a way to go but already things are improving!
I want to be able to join in things that I want to join in with, activities with my hubby and kids, fair rides etc because I can if I want to!
Next year I would like to do a sponsored activity for a charity I choose that I wouldn't have been able to do before!
So much to do and its getting more doable!

OMG I agree with everything you have written and I love the way you have described them, so funny, thanks for the laugh xx

Last edited:
I want to buy a bed that lasts and not to worry that I'm going to go through the slats under the mattress (I've given up on divan beds, I've had 3 in the last 6 years, the last one a super kingsize that was only about 2 years old but the base had gone through and you only had to sit on it for it to creak more than I ever thought possible and that cost me £900)

I want the seatbelt in the car to fit properly and not end up strangling me - dont know if its just me or other round people but the seat belt always rides up, hard to describe but I bet it does n't with skinny people.

Oh beds, they are the bane of my life! I've got through 2 in the last 5 or so years, one was an expensive superking which I loved but broke. Second one I bought off ebay, twins that fitted together, I thought the extra bed support in the middle would help but it's soooo uncomfortable. My back is worse because we're still using it, I can't afford to buy another that I'll break so this will have to do until I'm slim but I hate it with a passion we had to cut through the material in the divan and prop it up with wood. So nasty but I refuse to spend money I can't afford on something that won't last.

We were at a friends the other week and he has the most comfortable bed you can imagine. It was built for his father who was a big man, horrendously expensive I imagine but so worth it. The mattress was for heavy people I just loved it whereas my friend finds it horrible. Goes to show how our needs being fat are different to thin people even with beds.

Alia you'll find the seatbelt thing improves, I know what you mean about being strangled. When I started I couldn't fit my seatbelt round me but it fits properly now. I was so excited when I realised! I can pull it on without having to shove it under my belly first and it doesn't strangle yay.:D

A great inspiring thread!

Here are the things I love. The good feeling has not gone away, I relish it every time. It's so worth it ladies (and gents), keep working hard and you'll get everything you deserve and enjoy it for a long time.

I love

1. Being able to wear pretty much whatever I want

2. Not caring what the size label says because I know I look good in it

3. Being able to eat cake, chips and fast food and not get funny "that's why she's fat" looks. I don't do it much though!

4. Knowing my high blood pressure is NOT weight related

5. Being *confident* when I'm naked

6. Wearing a bikini and not a tankini which only used to ride up anyway

7. Having photos taken alongside my daughter and not with her in front of me

8. Wearing 4 inch heels and not thinking that they may break at any moment

9. Being shocked (in a good way) when I look in a full length mirror. We don't have one at home and I'm still surprised by how I look.

I'm sure there are more, but I love all of these things and you will too.

Oh beds, they are the bane of my life! I've got through 2 in the last 5 or so years, one was an expensive superking which I loved but broke. Second one I bought off ebay, twins that fitted together, I thought the extra bed support in the middle would help but it's soooo uncomfortable. My back is worse because we're still using it, I can't afford to buy another that I'll break so this will have to do until I'm slim but I hate it with a passion we had to cut through the material in the divan and prop it up with wood. So nasty but I refuse to spend money I can't afford on something that won't last.

We were at a friends the other week and he has the most comfortable bed you can imagine. It was built for his father who was a big man, horrendously expensive I imagine but so worth it. The mattress was for heavy people I just loved it whereas my friend finds it horrible. Goes to show how our needs being fat are different to thin people even with beds.

Alia you'll find the seatbelt thing improves, I know what you mean about being strangled. When I started I couldn't fit my seatbelt round me but it fits properly now. I was so excited when I realised! I can pull it on without having to shove it under my belly first and it doesn't strangle yay.:D

Laura I bought the bed that we are using now from Ebay - the last divan I had all the top of the base part had broken and we were sleeping on a slope, not to mention the horrendous noise it made as soon as we sat on, or any one sat on it. I was searching for a bed to match our new pine furniture and came across this completely solid pine bed. It's huge and we paid £200 pounds just for the frame and used the matress from our divan. I suffer very badly with serious back problems and a few weekends ago I went to stay with a friend and she had just bought new memory foam mattresses and OMG it was the best nights sleep I've had in years - I'd always assumed being as heavy as I am I'd just sink into a memory foam mattress and had visions of me trying to get myself out of it in the morning but it was n't like that at all. She bought them from Ebay and I've found the same ones and even for a super king size its only £200 which I think is pretty reasonable and we are going to get one. I've uploaded a picture for you.

Attachments

• DSC06292.jpg
    DSC06292.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 39
That's a beautiful bed. I'd never want to get out. Is it really solid? £200 is a brilliant price for proper wood. I think when we bought our superking it was £500 with a mattress and was just a divan.

I was wondering about memory foam mattresses but assumed the same as you. I'll have a look into them now you've recommended it thanks.:) After I typed that out about not buying another 'til I'm thin I got really down about how long that will be without a decent night's sleep. I'm not sure I can last that long! Do you have the details of the company for that bed still?

Back