Just joined - Loosing weight for wedding and fertility treatment

Hello all,

I have just joined this sight.

I have PCOS and need to get to a BMI of 30-35 to be prescribed treatment. I was originally 110kg (BMI 44) and am currently 104.6kg (BMI 41).

I started loosing weight in October 2017 and did very well, getting down to 102kg, but I suffered a miscarriage in Feb this year and put 4kg back on.

But then my partner proposed on holiday on May 4th, which has added more motivation to get back into the diet! I have lost 2kg this week!

Unfortunatly I seem to loose weight very slowly no matter what diet I try, so I am sticking to the one my doctor recommends- a low carb version of slimming world.

I am hopeful that I will get to my goal of having a BMI of 30 (76kg) by the time we get married (in about 18 months).

Hi Beth, stress and the terrible emotional turmoil of a miscarriage is enough to set anyone's diet back...but you have a great goal now to spur you on. I think consistency, however slow it may seem, will payoff for you....well thats my plan lol;)
I'm not big on exercise either:rolleyes:, so have really made a big effort, just by trying to walk everywhere :whacky068:.
How have you done over the last few days?

Hi Beth, wishing you all the best. You have been through a lot, but have a great goal ahead of you x

Back