Just joined SW...here comes the new me!!

i lost 5lbs this week - thats two and a half packs of sugar or a decent bag of potatoes as my helpful children said to me last night! good luck x

Woo well done you! Feels great doesn't it :D
Heres to more of the same x

Well Im on day 8 and still going strong :) Really enjoying slimming world.
Had a lovely chicken stew last night packed with plenty of root veg and lentils..mmmmm was yummy, so nice I had some more for lunch today lol and for tea I made a chilli with extra lean mince and basmati rice..the whole family is enjoying the food Im cooking.

Hubby has just gone to the shop to get me a bottle of wine so I can have a glass later while we watch 'one born every minute' LOVE that programme!!! Think my hubby hopes it will make me want another baby LOL I dont think so hunny!! hahaaa well not untill Iv had at least a year nice and skinny again :)
Nearly friday (shopping day) and Im glad because all the fruit and veg's are running out lol never eaten so much veg in all my life!! But thoroughly enjoying it though. Hopefully it will give me plenty of energy, because Im off for my gym induction 2moz morning. It will be the start of my exercise regime, me and hubby have signed up for a couples membership..he keeps banging on about going together when we have a night alone! Why on earth the man wants to see me in a trackys and sweater looking half dead on a treadmill is beyond me LOL but he seems to like the idea, bless him. My plan is to try and go to the gym every morning for half hour or so monday to friday and I would like to try some of the classes too, pilates looks quite appealing.
Will update on how my induction goes 2moz (if Im still alive lol)

Ok, so the induction at the gym is in 30 minutes time and Im REALLY nervous!! I feel very self concious, feel like I will stick out like a sore thumb in there :( I know the whole point of a gym is to get fitter and lose weight, so I shouldnt feel this way...but I do.
Im dreading walking through those doors, I just hope its quite empty when I get there. To be honest I will be glad when this induction is over :( The first time is always the worst isnt it. Anyone got any idea's to help me get through it in a more positive way??

Hope your induction went well. I felt like that when I first signed up but they really put me at ease and now I'm loving it. Really enjoy the classes as well. In some of my classes I'm the biggest person in the room but instead of letting it upset me I feel quite chuffed that little old me can keep up with the skinny Minnie's lol xx

Hope the induction went well :D People will be too busy concentrating on their own workout to worry about you :bighug: Let us know how it went xx

Well Im back!! It went really well :)
The instructor put me at ease straight away and took it easy on me lol I now know how all the machines work and have done a bit of a workout on all of the ones that concentrate on the area's I want to improve (all of me!!! :p) and Im actually itching to get back there tomoz morning for a really hard workout!!
Why was I so worried....
Its true what they say, the thought of something is often worse than the actual thing itself.
Woohoo, so chuffed with myself :talk017:
Thankyou to you both for the kind words, really helps to know ppl are behind you :thankyou: xx

Glad to know the induction went well. When are you planning your first proper visit?

Im going monday morning after Iv dropped the children at school (couldnt go today as I was at work) and planning on going every morning monday to thursday :)
Exciting stuff x

Well Iv got a chocolate craving!!! lol I dont even eat chocolate normally! Whats that all about?? haha
Iv allowed myself some chocolate, yesterday I had a fudge bar = 5.5 syns and a cadbury snacksize dairy milk = 4
Today Iv had a curly wurly = 6 syns.
Not sure what effect if any, this will have on my weightloss...I cant imagine losing much eating that much chocolate but who knows.

Hope everyones having a good week, weekend has landed :-D but that can sometimes mean temptation lol uh oh!! hahaha

Roll on tuesday so I can get another weigh in under my belt lol

I've been having a chocolate craving this evening too!

Was looking at a thread on here about SW ferrero roche's made with nutella, and only 1 syn each. Might have to try them tomorrow to satisfy my chocolate craving!

I've been having a chocolate craving this evening too!

Was looking at a thread on here about SW ferrero roche's made with nutella, and only 1 syn each. Might have to try them tomorrow to satisfy my chocolate craving!

OoOoOoh, they sound scrummy!! Im gonna def try that! yum yum *drools* lol x

Glad to see your enjoying it :) I joined a group yesterday (although i had been following the plan for a week before using the info from the newspaper freebies)
It is amazing, how much you can eat, I struggle to get to 10 syns most days, but the idea of the syns is that your body doesnt feel deprived of anything, so you can have some chocolate if you want it. It stops your body going into stavation mode and keeps you losing weight healthily (thats how I understand it at least)

Oh if you fancy choccy I just found an awesome recipe for chocolate torte on the website (in lifeline online ) worth a looksey :)

Glad to see your enjoying it :) I joined a group yesterday (although i had been following the plan for a week before using the info from the newspaper freebies)
It is amazing, how much you can eat, I struggle to get to 10 syns most days, but the idea of the syns is that your body doesnt feel deprived of anything, so you can have some chocolate if you want it. It stops your body going into stavation mode and keeps you losing weight healthily (thats how I understand it at least)

Oh if you fancy choccy I just found an awesome recipe for chocolate torte on the website (in lifeline online ) worth a looksey :)

I will be having a little gander at that too then! lol Oooh I will be a chocolate addict at this rate LOL x

Well, Iv had my 'weekend' Bacon sarnie and it was lovely lol
Still having a bit of a worry about the chocolate thing, I mean I had a fudge bar and snacksize dairy milk thursday evening and then a curly wurly and a glass of wine last night...how can I still lose weight doing that?! I havent gone over my 15 syns on any of my days so in theory I should be ok, but it doesn't feel right lol

Im having a lovely day so far, hubby doing some housework while I have a lounge in bed watchin timeteam lol I really hit gold when I found him you know! He is sooo supportive of me, in everything I do. It really helps to have the backing of your loved ones.

Well Im planning on playing squash with my son later (he's 11) so we will see how that goes lol

Well its weigh in day today and I gotta say, I dont think Iv lost anything! :( Havent gone over my syn limit at all on any of my days this week and have been to the gym twice (3rd time this morning) but I just dont feel any different. If it is the case that I STS tonight, Im not going to let it put me off...Im just going to hit the gym harder with the cardio and work those pounds off! Im doing fine with the food side of things so hopefully thats all I will need to kick start me again.

I will post this evening after weigh in and let you in on how much (if any) Iv lost.

Good luck tonight on your weigh in xx

Hi I've really enjoyed reading your diary this morning! Your really enjoying it and that's how I feel too it really is a life style change rather than a fad diet isn't it.
I too did a vlcd diet I did Cambridge but it wasn't for me either! I kept beating myself up about it that I could lose big amounts but I couldnt do it. I would rather lose 2-3lbs a week able keep it off and be happy and enjoy food.
There's so many lovely recipes to try with SW it's so exciting :)
Goodluck for weigh in I'll be checking back later to see how u do ;) xx

Back