Just not fair :(

Tinkz

I just found out that nowhere in Dundee is doing LT, nearest place is miles away :confused: so I am wondering if I bought LT products from an online Pharmacy would they help me lose weight the same as if a proper pharmacy had given me them. Sorry if this sounds weird but it stated that they can only sell Maintenance products as to do LT it should be GP/Pharmacy controlled. :( Feeling quite low as I was really keen to get started.
Hope you can help me :sigh:

Hi there,

Im not in the UK but maybe someone out there can help.

Hope you get sorted soon, I hate to see completely unanswered posts!! But in fairness it was quiet in here over new year!

Hi, a friend of mine was in a similar situation, have you not considered the Cambridge Diet? as an alternative?

K x

That sucks that there is nowhere near you but there is an online TFR diet called Exante - you just order your products online and they ship them to you. Its not very controlled as there is no official weigh in with anyone, just yourself but nonetheless is an option for you :)

Oh and at the moment i think they have a special offer on which works out around £20ish a week :)

That's really a shame. Have you spoken to the Lipotrim helpline? They are very good and may be able to suggest a solution. Otherwise the two other suggestions would be good alternatives. I think they are both similar to LT in many ways and more important than the actual diet you do is the fact that your head is in the right place. Sounds like yours is.

Best of luck!

Jon

hi, i buy it online you can pm me and i'll give you email address if you want it ;)

It would be a shame not to get the support of a good pharmacist. My first one, which was near home and easy to get to, was hopeless - disinterested and plain wrong in the advice they gave. I didn't think it mattered much because I was determined to do it myself, but then one week they couldn't even be bothered to weigh me. I was annoyed because I was paying nearly £50 a week for a service as well as the sachets, so I complained to LT and changed to another pharmacy. The difference is amazing, and I was surprised how good it has been to have a competent and interested pharmacist to talk to each week. I'm not saying it's not possible on your own, and certainly this forum is a fantastic help, but some good professional help may make all the difference.

Jon

Its not very controlled as there is no official weigh in with anyone, just yourself but nonetheless is an option for you :)
:)

not strictly true. in some areas there are consultants who do in fact weigh you and answer any questions you may have. otherwise, yes you buy exante over the net and do it that way.. :)

i guess it just depends if you feel you can go it alone or if you need that extra person there keeping an eye out for you :)

h xx

I tried exante for a little while, infact, I have a couple of weeks worth left. the variety is great, and the flexibility of buying it over the net is also a bonus.

However, i find the blandness of LT better for me, as if I enjoy the 'product' too much, I want more and more and then ultimately real food.

Good luck whichever way you can sort it. xx

not strictly true. in some areas there are consultants who do in fact weigh you and answer any questions you may have. otherwise, yes you buy exante over the net and do it that way.. :)

i guess it just depends if you feel you can go it alone or if you need that extra person there keeping an eye out for you :)

h xx

I mean for exante - i know there are people there for you on cambridge but im not sure there is on exante?

thats what i was talking about :) EXANTE lol

h x

Ooooh so exante does have people you can see aswell? x

'not strictly true. in some areas there are consultants who do in fact weigh you and answer any questions you may have. otherwise, yes you buy exante over the net and do it that way.. :)

i guess it just depends if you feel you can go it alone or if you need that extra person there keeping an eye out for you :)'
h xx

Ooooh so exante does have people you can see aswell? x

Yep, there aren't a huge amount, but on the website you can put your postcode in and it will tell you where the consultants are. (although I've just tried this and its not working)

Hiya

Not sure if this is possible..but cant you do it through your GP? I understand, you get weighed, and they write out the prescription of LT for a week for you, keep tabs on you and then you go to the chemist and pay! Well, that is what I understand from their website.

If your GP is keen and behind you, you might be able to do it that way also.

Whichever way you decide.....let us know how you get on.

i agree with scotsmist, you should be able to do it through your gp, i dont know of anybody doing it through there gp but its possible. and he should be behind you on it because the diets been on the nhs for years so its really well known and it shows it works! best of luck, hope u find a way to do it!

Your GP can prescribe it but its still the same cost as doing it straight through a pharmacy and also you have to go to a pharmacy that actually sells it .... renders pointless in my eyes going to the GP in the first place for it :giggle:

A friend of mine gets her Lipotrim through her GP, and gets it for £10 less, although I don't see why it should cost less this way!

Clair x

A friend of mine gets her Lipotrim through her GP, and gets it for £10 less, although I don't see why it should cost less this way!

Clair x

It shouldnt ..... as the reasoning behind the nhs not paying for it is that the shakes are considered 'food' and nhs can't pay for your weekly food! lol

I am doing exante at the minute so if you have any questions just give me a pm!

Back