Just ordered my packs and starting on Monday

MyLastDietEver

Hi Everyone

I have tried (with varying degrees of success!) every diet known to man.

Unfortunately I am now at my heaviest ever of 13 stone 7lbs with a BMI of 32.

I have been married for 2 years and trying for a baby for 3 years. Me and my hubby are currently on the waiting list for IUI and are due to hit the top of the list in October this year. Although technically I'm under the BMI threshold of 35 our doctor wants me to be a maximum of 30 as if the IUI is unsuccessful the BMI threshold for the next step of IVF is 30 and she thinks it will be too hard to lose weight during the process.

She also said that every lb I can get closer to a healthy BMI of 25 will improve our chances of success.

So here I am, after a week of comparing loads of different diets, having just ordered Exante packs.

I'm going to start on Monday as I have a night out on Friday and always find it mentally easier to start a diet on a Monday.

I have tried various VLCD but have struggled badly with them as I don't like the soups or bars and after a couple of weeks of milk shakes I'm climbing the walls desperate for something savoury and chewy :D

My plan this time is to have the porridge for breakfast, a Tesco ultraslim bar for lunch (can someone confirm these are definitely ok as I know I like them) and the pasta carbonara for dinner.

Knowing that I struggle to stick entirely to plan round eating out etc I was looking at the Working Solution option. However I want the kickstart to my loss of Total Solution

Has anyone got any opinion/experience of using TS during the week but doing WS at the weekend? Also if you do that do you still have to have the 3 packs

Sorry for the length of the post:eek:. Any opinions gratefully received

Susie

Hi Susie, welcome and good luck.

Yes the Tesco UltraSlim bars are fine, I like the chocolate one :) And yes you still need to have 3 packs a day to make sure you get all your nutrients, even if you're doing Working Solution.

Hiya susie!!

welcome to the forum and best of luck with exante!

also.. you guys may get lucky.. from what i remember i was told once that TFR and ketosis makes you more fertile and theres been quite a few people i spoken to who have fallen pregnant whilst doing a TFR! and when you reach ketosis and get your energy burst you will have to keep up the baby making time!! lol

good luck =DD

My sister-in-law fell pregnant while doing Cambridge which is also a VLCD so you never know, they weren't trying and she's had 2 miscarriages in the last year so they were very excited :)

Good Luck! If you keep your weekend meals under 400 cals and really low carb you should manage without bumping yourself out of ketosis, at least that is the theory! Last time I bumped myself out of ketosis I went on a made food rampage and now its 6 months later!

Thanks for all your replies! I have done low carb loads and really struggle with food for work. My plan at the weekend is to add chicken, bacon and low carb veggies to the carbonara and if we eat out to have chicken salad or something - I'm pretty aware if what I can and can't eat from doing low carb before.
Would be amazing if this led to a natural pregnancy as I don't mind admitting to being more than a little daunted by the whole thing

It would be pretty daunting but just relax and concentrate on your diet and hopefully good things will come =)

Thanks Chelly xxx

Welcome MyLastDietEver:welcome2:

Tesco ultraslim bar for lunch (can someone confirm these are definitely ok as I know I like them)

I am not aware that you can add other products if you are on Exante TFR but you might be okay on a higher plan...best to send Exante an email to confirm that it is okay, they are very quick in replying back.

Good luck with your baby plans...

Welcome MyLastDietEver:welcome2:

I am not aware that you can add other products if you are on Exante TFR but you might be okay on a higher plan...best to send Exante an email to confirm that it is okay, they are very quick in replying back.

Good luck with your baby plans...

I have them instead of the Exante ones and they've not affected my weight loss, they are pretty much equivalent to the Exante bars in calories, carbs etc.

Yeah I've been having them and I've been grand too!!

Just wondering if you've received your food packs? I ordered mine Tuesday and it's still not turned up and they won't get back to me :-(

I haven't got mine either and ordered them Monday through *******..... :-((

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Mine arrived yesterday. I didn't use any voucher offers though just a bumper pack of porridge and one of carbonara. I had tried the porridge before so know I like that. Fingers crossed I like the carbonara lol. Just off to tesco to stock up on bars!

Ps I ordered at 12 on Tuesday and said next day delivery if ordered before 1. They didn't come on Wednesday when I was home but got email from courier telling me they were due for Thursday delivery. I rescheduled delivery to Friday when my hubby was home so if I hadn't rescheduled I would have had them Thursday

Happy happy happy! I usually put a £1 on a football coupon on when my hubby is putting his on. Won for the the 1st time today - £130, spookily what I just spent on Exante lol

Lol keep it in a little pot for when you have lost your weight for a new wardrobe!! I've heard of people putting a £1 in for every lb they lose!

I cleared my room out last night for moving house in June and have got 5 black bin bags of stuff to take to one of those cash for clothes places! And then a further 3 bin bags for the bin!! My room looks empty!! Lol!! But Ive been promised I can buy new clothes when we have moved house and got all our stuff in so I'm hoping I get a good bit of money to start off my pot for that lol

Skinny shopping is best thing ever!!! I've had a seriously unwanted kickstart to my weight loss - had vomiting and diarrhoea constantly since 7 o'clock last night. Been on to NHS 24 this morning and have to take those icky rehydration sachets for next 4 hours, if I can't keep them down they're looking at taking me in and putting me on a drip. Aaarrrrggghhh!!!!

Oh no!! That's the last thing you need! Is it a bug do you think?
I hope you feel better soon!!!

Back